A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have Month  (Read 10724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006 01:43:52 PM »

Something funny to impart:

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives far away from me, and doesn't know I am doing this UWYH month challenge. Anyhow, she said she was watching Oprah and there was a woman on there that was in serious debt, and had a "craft addiction"- apparently, she was unable to stop buying yarn, even though she is over $100,000 + in debt! She said that she needed the pick me up that buying yarn gave her...  So my friend said she had to call me and make sure I wasn't having the same problem- so I told her about this and she was V. happy!

lol... how funny is that?

Also I wanted to say I finished the Clap and the Slippers, and now I am working on a shawl for my mother in law, for Mother's Day and her bday, which are a day apart. Here is my progress:

Thanks for doing this with me y'all- let's try not to be like the woman on Oprah!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006 01:49:50 PM »

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives far away from me, and doesn't know I am doing this UWYH month challenge. Anyhow, she said she was watching Oprah and there was a woman on there that was in serious debt, and had a "craft addiction"- apparently, she was unable to stop buying yarn, even though she is over $100,000 + in debt! She said that she needed the pick me up that buying yarn gave her... 

Ok, is it awful that hearing about that woman just made me feel a little better about my own craft purchases?  Actually I've almost bought some yarn from knitpicks a dozen times this month, but then I remember this thread and hold off for just a little longer....I keep telling myself waiting will make something new all the sweeter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bee17779
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006 01:57:43 PM »

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives far away from me, and doesn't know I am doing this UWYH month challenge. Anyhow, she said she was watching Oprah and there was a woman on there that was in serious debt, and had a "craft addiction"- apparently, she was unable to stop buying yarn, even though she is over $100,000 + in debt! She said that she needed the pick me up that buying yarn gave her...  So my friend said she had to call me and make sure I wasn't having the same problem- so I told her about this and she was V. happy!

Emms

Oh dear, I hope I never ever become anything like that woman! I tend to buy yarns faster than I knit but I think I have it under control so far. Time to learn something new-restraint!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://beeknits.blogspot.com - My Knitting Blog
http://jadebeadradise.blogspot.com - My beaded jewelry shop
rmj318
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006 02:12:08 PM »

I really love the shawl that you are making....what a beautiful pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006 05:35:33 PM »

This is such a great idea! I have oodles of yarn that I intend to use up before I move.  I've been aiming to avoid new yarn purchases (except to finish current projects) and this knitalong will be great motivation.
A few weeks ago I started "Butterfly" from a recent Rowan magazine.  I have 3 balls of Kidsilk Haze that I've been meaning to use... for at least a year.  The beads I've had for almost as long.   
Here's a picture of my progress: (hopefully! It'll be my first picture posting)

Sorry about the poor quality.  I have a $15 webcam, it's dusk, and my knitting needle is poking into my curtain tie.  It was the only way to get proper light. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006 05:37:42 PM by tinygoatstacker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006 05:42:57 PM »

I'm currently using up part of my stash to make my third Butterfly camisole, this one for my mother. Her birthday is the 25th, so it won't make it there in time, but I've usually combined her birthday and mother's day for expediency's saake, so I don't think she'll mind.

Anyway, I've just started the increases after the waist midpoint and am working at a steady pace now that my stupid tendonitis has calmed down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
joesherryw
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006 06:00:40 PM »

I'm in, if it's not too late. I always seem to take an extra minute to find the cool stuff. It's funny I found this today because I spent ALL NIGHT going through my stash and reorganizing. My shopping is definitely out of control with the craft supplies, I figured I would start with the yarn. I have my yarns listed on my blog, because I need to stay accountable  Grin I also have my current stashbusting project on there. Hopefully we can all get our "habit" under control together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharc
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006 08:18:00 PM »

*sigh* looking at my stash, I realized that I've got lots of lile bits and pieces .. .ya know - 1 ball here, 1 ball there, just cuz I liked them .. . hmm. .. now I've to figure out what to do with them. Also .. .I've got lotsa sock yarn, and patterns, but I *always* get stuck on the darn heel turn. I can knit christmas stockings, but just can't seem to get thse darn socks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006 08:59:42 PM »

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/garter.htm

This is the coolest pattern I've come across for odds and ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2006 12:14:01 AM »

*sigh* looking at my stash, I realized that I've got lots of lile bits and pieces .. .ya know - 1 ball here, 1 ball there, just cuz I liked them .. . hmm. .. now I've to figure out what to do with them. Also .. .I've got lotsa sock yarn, and patterns, but I *always* get stuck on the darn heel turn. I can knit christmas stockings, but just can't seem to get thse darn socks!!!

How about trying short row heels instead? I can help you with that if you like.

And check out One Skein for projects that just need... well, one skein of yarn, lol :/

Also these threads could help:

one skein of yarn projects?

One Skein Secret Pal

One Skein Noro Suggestions...

one skein ideas.

First Crochet Project-One Skein Scarf

Isabeau, small and quick... anyone game?

StashBuster Cowl!

Wine and Needles: Wrist Warmer Pattern

Help, please!!! Bday approaching really quickly, and I am gift less! (scroll down the page for links...

There are a few ideas... hope that helps some!

Emms  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Cute Braided Style
How to Get Big, Sexy Curls
How to Trim Your Own Hair
How to Fight Frizz with a Voluminous Bun
Shocking Things Your Hair Says About You
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...