A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: * NEW RULES~Sweat Shoppe swap= sampler swap-SIGN UPS CLOSED send out 5/05  (Read 11755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 02, 2006 10:33:57 PM »

OK guys and dolls here it is! PLEASE read this one carefully, we are trying something new here. There is a bit of shipping involved...

This is the sweat shop swap, a labor of love if you will! The opportunity to put a sampler of your items out in the crafting world, with a business card, or your Etsy store location, is here! We will be crafting in multiples of 5 (and no more than 10) so you may craft 5 items or 10 items (not 6 or 4 or 11). The number of items you craft will be the number of items you receive back. The items will be a medium size, and can be 'bundles', for instance, you can do a bundle of 3 thank you cards, and send 5 bundles (or 15 cards). You will have the option of choosing your top 2 favorite items of the other crafters. No guarantees but I will try to get everyone at least one of their two favorites! When you are approved for the swap you will simply put your name here with your sweat shop item. Only I need to have your address! No late swappers in this one! All items must be sent by May 5th! See discussion here; http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84367.0 if you like!

Please leave discussions on the other thread, this one is for sweat shoppers and their items only! Thanks!!!

Swap name: Sweat shoppe swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: javastain
Sign-up date range: April 1 - April 12
Date to send item by: Must send out items by April 30th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Sure, but make sure your parents are fine with it!
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: Oh yes.

Ok the rules...

~This is a sampler swap. You must craft (5) of the same item, you may put your name in the 'hat' twice, so you may craft 10 items to receive 10 items back... you may do 10 of the same item or 5 of one item and 5 of another.

~ Your craft must be one of the best things you do, this is not a time to try something new

~ These are to be a medium project, meaning (it should take you at least 4 hours and $7 in supplies for all 5 items) or (a retail price of between $4-$9 each). This can be balanced out if it takes you longer but you use a less costly supply or vice versa...

~ When PM-ing your info to the organizer (Javastain) please also add a name and description of your craft(s).

~ When you are approved post your project(s) here. Pictures would be awesome!

~ Wait for a list of items to show up on this thread, then PM organizer with your top 2 'wanted' choices (no
guarantees! but I will try!) by April 17th... (you have two days to pick your fav's)

~ Send your 5 items out by May 5th. Send DC numbers to javastain.

~ include any information about your project (order information or your Etsy address) with your packages!

~ Sign ups close April 17th, send outs May 5th

Questionnaire to send to Javastain;______________
Your craftster name
Your real name
Your e-mail address
Your shipping address
Your sweat shoppe item
Your sweat shoppe name
Any allergies

Here are the craftsers and items they are crafting followed by each crafter receiving those items;
PRINCESSBLUEBERRY-magnets and a lolli-set~greenmonk,verycrafty,pink_seatbelts,mikaiyawa, penguino, javastain, licalee, writer78, InkKitten, mub
AMERICANDEMOCKRACY-menstral pads~greenmonk, mub, devilninny, vercrafty, javastain
GREEN MONK-teacups~Penguino. licalee, princessblueberry,writer78, verycrafty
DEVILNINNY-cards-(greeting card set)~mikaiyawa, pink_seatbelts, writer78, verycrafty,penguino
WRITER78-drawstring pouches~penguino, InkKitten, heart-on, verycrafty,mikaiyawa mub
HEART-ON-button earings and greeting card pack~Mub, americandemockracy, writer78, greenmonk, verycrafty,
HERTRIGGER-coin purses~pink_seatblets, devilninny, Javastain, verycrafty, licalee
LICALEE-relaxation bath packages~heart-on, hertrigger, writer78, penguino, verycrafty,princessblueberry
VERYCRAFTY-dangly noisy bracelets~devilninny, writer78, pink_seatbelts, mikaiyawa, mub
MUB-crochet jewelry~verycrafty, javastain, penguino, mikaiyawa, greenmonk,princessblueberry(2),InkKitten
VERYCRAFTY-pantas~javastain, americandemockracy,licalee, penguino, mikaiyawa
JAVASTAIN-crochet tampons~princessblueberry, pink_seatbelts, hertrigger, devilninny, InkKitten
JAVASTAIN-knit hemp dishclothes~verycrafty, mikaiyawa, InkKitten, licalee, americandemockracy, princessblueberry
VERYCRAFTY-mini scrap books~javastain, mub, hertrigger, mikaiyawa, penguino,
PENGUINO-knitted scarves~licalee, princessblueberry, verycrafty, InkKitten, hertrigger,
PINK_SEATBELTS-confetti bracelets~inkKitten, mub, javastain, mikaiyawa, penguino
MIKAIYAWA-ren fair style pouches~ princessbluberry, javastain, verycrafty, devilninny, heart-on
PENGUINO-knitted cotton washcloths~ verycrafty, americandemockracy, heart-on, javastain, mikaiyawa,
MIKAIYAWA-fat bird pin cushions~americandemockracy, penguino, verycrafty,javastain, princessblueberry
INK KITTEN- mini tatoo flash~ heart-on, greenmonk, javastain, verycrafty, hertrigger,princessblueberry, mub

And away we go.... (if I left anything out, please PM me, or comment in the discussion thread! THANKS!)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006 06:02:10 PM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
princessblueberry
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006 09:51:14 AM »

Whoot!  I put my name in the hat twice and I'll be making marbel magnets & lollypops, as a set. . .5 magnets and a lolly, I'll let my partners vote on a flavor  Wink

here is a preview of the oragami paper marbel magnets (drying and awaiting their magnets  glair is from the flash but you get the idea Cheesy )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006 12:25:57 AM by princessblueberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006 08:44:20 AM »

Oh bugger, with a conference in two weeks and exams on the 25th and 26th I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'll keep my eyes GLUED to the gallery though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006 08:55:58 AM »

I'm in! I'll be making cloth menstrual pads, to advertise javastains and I's NEW etsy store http://javastain.etsy.com!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006 07:40:47 PM by americandemockracy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006 10:54:58 AM »

I'm tentative (feedback based) and would make small ren-fair style belt pouches...

http://www.mediaevalmisc.com/pp93.htm

will wait and see.

Mieka
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 02:38:50 PM by Mikaiyawa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
green monk
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006 08:18:29 AM »

im going to make little teacups! clay and glazed Smiley hopefully ill have a picture of one to put up soon.

and i was thinking, thus far we could use everyones items at the same time! that time of month, sitting on a cloth pad with a tapon in the pouch close by and a lolly right in my mouth Cheesy i would be quite happy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006 02:49:50 PM »

i will be making sets of 4 greeting cards!

here is a picture of the cards i made for the newbie swap:

i wont be making cards exactly like this (unless my partners request that) but it gives you an idea of what i like to do.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006 07:37:40 PM by devilninny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_seatbelts

dirtay souf!! w00t!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006 06:17:16 PM »

YES!!! an excuse to make ungodly amounts of jewlrey. Grin
i make confetti bracelets. they're gold, but can be made in silver. whichever you prefer.

the clasp on this one is a paperclip, but the one's i'm making will not have paperclip clasps.
that is such a bad picture, it's so sad, i'm putting things on my scanner because i lost my digital camera. lol.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006 09:21:06 PM by pink_seatbelts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/thenewbohemia <---La Vie Boheme is the shish, and you are jealous.
Writer78
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006 12:36:17 PM »

I've signed up - I'll be making small drawstring treasure pouches.  I cut all the pieces out in a fit of inspiration; just need to find some time to crank out the sewing.

Here are some examples of past pouches I've made.  The ones I'm making for this swap will be on the large end of coin purse size.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006 07:09:02 PM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heart-on

What are you doing you cheeky monkey!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006 07:24:02 PM »

Hey everyone!!
I am so excited this is my first swap and I can't wait. I will be making greeting cards and button earrings. I don't have any pics at the moment but will definately post some in the next week.
meg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Long Story Short with Darin Brooks
How to Arrange Scenes in a Film Script
How to Ask for Feedback on Your Script
How to Create Your Own Film Script
Harry Potter Opening Night: How to Relive Hogwarts After Dark
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...