A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: * NEW RULES~Sweat Shoppe swap= sampler swap-SIGN UPS CLOSED send out 5/05  (Read 11117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

licalee
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006 02:46:13 PM »

Mine are a set  (relaxation package of hand blended teas, oatmeal milk bath/scrub, bath salts, etc.). You get everything but you can request certain scents or a mix. I'm also toying with offering either a refillable hot pad (for sore muscles) or other fun stuff.

I tried to take pics of what I have but they're not very good  Embarrassed

Grrrr - I tried to go to the health food store today to pick up all the bulk herbs I needed and they were closed! How irritating. I guess I'll have to go sometime this week after work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006 03:15:23 PM »

Ok gals, today is the last day of sign ups... I have given everyone until Monday to decide on which two items they will pick as their favorites. If everyone gets their picks in tomorrow I may be able to compile the official grab bag contents for each person before Monday... Here's a question for you all, do you want to know what is coming? OR should I send you only a list of who you are sending to and what you get is a surprise? I plan on litterally putting every item in a hat and going down the list of names and picking your items out of the hat... so it will be a really random drawing! I am just doing that to make it more exciting for me!  Wink

Ok, you have two jobs, pick your top two items, and tell me to surprise you, or post the list of who's getting what...
This is so stinking fun!!!
I am loving this swap!
OH! and by the way....
quick question - if you have listed a couple items, does that mean you are sending them as a set, or does it mean we can pick one or the other?
I listed all items either together or seperately as they will come to you... I hope that helps this little bit of confusion! Oh, and please, if I listed you items wrong, let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
hertrigger

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006 08:16:50 PM »

i would love a surprise
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.c om

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
verycrafty
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006 09:49:27 PM »

I can't wait to get my partners! I want to start the scrapbooks! Hey everyone that is getting the mini scrapbooks, I going to burst your bubble because I am making them according to your preferences. Sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006 09:54:45 PM »

I can't wait to get my partners! I want to start the scrapbooks! Hey everyone that is getting the mini scrapbooks, I going to burst your bubble because I am making them according to your preferences. Sorry!

I had the same problem - wanting to make them accodring to preference. I hope this is ok!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
verycrafty
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006 10:18:10 PM »

I like that confetti bracelet. Its cool. Im sort of sad that I have to give away my noisy bracelets. They look so much better than the one I made myself! I'll have to make some more when I get more chain Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2006 10:43:32 PM »

Another question for eveyone.. I was thinking about not requiring DC numbers for this one. What if we just did a receipt, and everyone had to scan or otherwise send me a copy of the receipt for proof of sending... this would save us a few bucks in shipping since there are so many items... anyone have thoughts on this? I can see that there would be some potential trouble BUT, I would require the receipt or you would get negative feedback... what do you all think/

Oh, and I think we will post who is getting what... that will make it easier to track and have the flavors and scents picked....

We have one swapper allergic to cats, and one avoiding sandalwood, and MANY allergic to cigarrette smoke... so if you have an item that might have these exposures can you let me know that too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
verycrafty
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006 10:48:50 PM »

I can't take very good pics so I will just get all DCNs even tho that will be a bit expensive for me
THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006 10:55:04 PM »

Another question for eveyone.. I was thinking about not requiring DC numbers for this one. What if we just did a receipt, and everyone had to scan or otherwise send me a copy of the receipt for proof of sending... this would save us a few bucks in shipping since there are so many items... anyone have thoughts on this? I can see that there would be some potential trouble BUT, I would require the receipt or you would get negative feedback... what do you all think/

Oh, and I think we will post who is getting what... that will make it easier to track and have the flavors and scents picked....

We have one swapper allergic to cats, and one avoiding sandalwood, and MANY allergic to cigarrette smoke... so if you have an item that might have these exposures can you let me know that too?

First of all I love the no dc rule. Receipts should be fine and since there are multiple recipients we shouldn't have to worry about counting on just one person to verify that they have received.

None of my products will have any of the mentioned allergens. Obviously the milk bath has milk in it but since that's an allergy that has do deal with digestion it shouldn't be a problem. Everything I make is pretty much allergy free but there are unique allergies out there, so please make me aware of those if you get me as a sender.

*edited to add: I don't use sandalwood at all in my bath products except by request.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006 11:31:25 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
verycrafty
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006 10:56:47 PM »

Oh yeah. One of the pantas I made is wool but every thing else shold be straight.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006 11:01:04 PM by verycrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Violin
How to Play Happy Birthday on Violin
How to Play Bunco
How to Play Ode to Joy in Violin
How to Play Old McDonald Had a Farm in Violin
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...