A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Built-in bras?  (Read 607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2006 04:35:00 PM »

Hi, all -

OK, so it's summer, and there are all these cute patterns for tanks and halters and things, and I'm all conflicted about making them because they can't be worn with a normal bra. I hate strapless bras (they are evil - eeeeeeviiiiiillllllll), and not wearing a bra is just not an option - trust me on this one. So does anyone know of any good patterns that have built in support? Or does anyone have tricks/tips for altering or adding to patterns in order to create built in bras (short of actually buying bra cups and sewing them in, which I guess is also an option, but which seems bit complicated for my skill level)?

Alison
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
Rumpazel
Craft Addict

Illuuuuuuuusion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006 05:43:21 PM »

Okay...so I really have no ideas, but I wanted to send my bosemy support.   Cheesy  I too despise...no loathe the strapless bra.  I think it was some sort of medievil torture device...much like stilletos.  Anywho, I'm psyched that you posted something.  I would love to see if anyone has solutions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps...and kittens...and rocks.  Weird huh?
elijor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006 07:22:54 PM »

Fellow craftster melosond posted some pix and a few tips (further down in the thread) over on this thread on the SNB page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterlite
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006 03:46:50 PM »

What all of you have been looking for!!

http://brastraps.com/clearmain.htm

hahaha i was thinking about this delema...I usually try and co-ordinate the color of my bra to the tank top i'm wearing cuz I KNOW they are gonna show... I bought a tank at american eagle that has a built in bra... like back in the 80's the shelf bras they put in swim suits... It's great! basically it's like the 'barely there' seperates bra...no wire, just a wide piece of elastic that fits your ribcage, and a simple stretch fabric liner that is attatched to the top edge. Supposedly we are to get 80% of the support in our bras from the strap that goes around our ribs...and the rest from the cups. My freind who used to work for playtex told me that 75% of all women wear the wrong size bra...(I also saw this on an episode of 'what not to wear').

Hope that's some help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple-Bourbon Potpies Dessert
How to Make a Rum Cheesecake-Topped Pumpkin Pie
Low Cal Berry-Banana Oatmeal Parfait Recipe
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Icebox Cake Recipe
How to Make Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...