A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "One Skein"  (Read 24204 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug , one_skein , bowl , bag , socks  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
If we're all thinking outside the box, doesn't that just put us in a bigger box?

I <3 the smell of a glue gun early in the morning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007 09:02:05 AM »

I think I'm in love with the cabled footies. I own this book but I somehow missed this patttern.

I made the felted bowls and posted it in it's own thread somewhere else, but here's the link if anyone is interested:

I added a bunch of shell buttons asymmetrically around it. It came out more of a cylinder than the bowl shape I was hoping for.

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2007 08:24:45 AM »

Here's my version of the Baby Bolero...it's so precious!  

I've got another set of friends with a baby girl due next month, definitely gonna make another one, it was very easy!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 09:43:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2007 02:41:19 PM »

Here's my Asymmetrical Cabled hat with a few changes:

At a certain point (I don't remember how far in, maybe 6"?) I began decreases as follows:

k5 in pattern, k2tog (or p2tog depending on the pattern), to the end
knit one round in pattern
k4 in pattern, k2tog (or p2tog depending on the pattern), to the end

so on and so forth. I tried my best to incorporate my decreases into the pattern. If I came to a spot where I needed to knit a purl together with a knit stitch, I turned that stitch into a knit.

Also, two corrections to the pattern too. The big cable should be twisted on the 8th row and then every 12th thereafter (according to the photo.) And I think it's near impossible to get the gauge on 11's, I'd start swatching with 10's and that's what I used.

I used one skien of Misti Alpaca Chunky which is just the softest yarn EVAR!

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2007 04:04:32 PM »

I didn't know there was a Craftster KAL for this book! It's great to see everyone's cute little boleros. I checked this book out of the library recently and scanned the baby bolero pattern to try later; it was the only pattern I was interested in (although the rug would be great for de-stashing and I thought of mentioning it on the de-stashing KAL.) I'm glad to see the pattern works for everyone.

One, tangentially related question: Does anyone know the actual origin of the symbol represented by the eyelet motif on the back of the bolero? I think the author just described it as an "Eastern", protective symbol, which is very vague; the East is huge, for starters. Maybe it's due to knowing too many gamers, but I have a personal policy of not using symbols I don't have a pretty good idea what mean. Sure, it's extremely unlikely that putting an unfamiliar symbol on my clothing will result in Cthulu claiming me as his bride, but why take the chance?  Cheesy

ETA: Sorry, I just realized I'm not in the KAL board, so this isn't technically a KAL.  Roll Eyes At least I still know what website I'm on.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007 04:08:26 PM by wifeofbath » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007 11:39:13 AM »

The "One Skein" baby!

I'm loving this book, started the crochet scarf last night, it's super quick, I'm half done already Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 09:46:06 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2007 11:43:03 AM »

The "One Skein" baby!

Wow, you knit that whole baby from one skein?  Can I get the pattern! Wink
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2007 07:31:43 PM »

Hey everyone! I have to put my two cents in! I created 3 felted bowls and needle felted some Reiki designs on them:

I'm going to do the felted striped tote and the clutch next.  I've got a thing for felting right now (but I'm cheating and doing the machine felting, it's faster and gives a tighter surface)
Knit on dudes!

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2007 07:49:44 AM »

Nice!  Your bowls look great!  I'm gonna get around to that one soon Smiley

I finished the scarf last night, I actually used two skeins to make it a bit longer than what the pattern called for.  (it's crochet but still from the one skein book, hence it being here!)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011 04:38:47 AM by sarahj2001 - Reason: Changed broken image to a link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Atticus Finch

Saving my sanity, one crafty day at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2007 08:19:55 AM »

They are beautiful.  I love the colours.

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007 08:37:40 AM »

I love that book! The baby bolero is such a great project, it is easy and fast. I love the color that you used! So far everything that I have made out of that book have turned out great.  I have been eyeing that rug too!

"I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful."
John Constable
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Curried Shrimp and Cauliflower
How to Make a Red-Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
Momofuku Culinary Lab Creates Flavor Explosion
How to Make a 90 Second Thai Chicken Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
The Legacy of Bob Ross
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...