A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BUDGET LIVING MAGAZINE?!! no longer published! REFUNDS??!!  (Read 455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DrewsUSAgirl
« on: April 02, 2006 04:07:10 AM »

Angry   
HELP ME PLEASE!! 
Budget Living is no longer being published ... back in Dec. my Credit Card was charged for a renewal of my subscription, as well as several gift subscriptions ... they sendt me a recap of my order (ordered over phone with my cc), with some nice little businesws cards stating that a year of the magazine was on the way...
So for Christmas I made a nice card & a book mark & added a couple of stacks of the little post-it flags so my freinds cold mark the project they wanted to try....
Well  STILL no magazine & NOthing from them telling me what they were gong to do....

Anyone else in this boat??!!   I'm really embrassed ....  I got this as Christmas gifts as in that was the whole gift for my 2 sisters in law & a few freinds.... & it was part of my Mom's gift as well ..  Now I look like a dead beat... goof butt!!

There web site is till up ... & I've emailed every address on the site... I got back 1 email saying the magazione had folded.... no info as to what to do....
Any help wouild be very appreiciated!!

J

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaucyVixen

temper tantrum extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006 07:02:54 AM »

that really blows...that was a great mag. a lot of times when a magazine goes under like that, if people have subscriptions they will usually offer you another magazine from the same company. I really haven't heard of getting full refunds, but could luck out. find out what company owns budget living and maybe email them instead of trying that website
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitter-629
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006 06:53:21 AM »

no! this is so sad! i've been getting this mag since it first started and i love it! i haven't heard anything from them about closing, but had been wondering why my new issue was taking so long to get here. this is quite tragic.
i've also heard of getting your subscription transferred to something else. but i haven't gotten any word from them in any form.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JenDiggityDirt
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006 03:50:27 PM »

Blah! I, too, was wondering why I hadn't received an issue in a while. I had a HUGE subscription, too. Like three years through one of those organizations where MADD gets a certain percentage. That's a lot of magazines I may now be SOL on. Too bad; it was a great magazine. I like that new one, Domino, okay, but there's not a lot "budget" about it most of the stuff in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Since when is it a disaster if the "S" on your cape is a little frayed?" - Waitresses
Writer78
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006 10:41:40 AM »

I loved this magazine and resubbed in January.  I finally dug into the message boards on their site today and found out that they're defunct.  It really irritates me that no one has taken down the site or posted a "sorry, we folded" message - who's paying for the webspace, if there's no money??

Anyway, I called my credit card company and explained the situation, and they refunded me for the renewal I made in late Jan.  I'm technically still losing out on a few bucks because the remainder of my original subscription will never be sent, but I'm content with getting this particular charge removed.

If you ordered via credit card, I suggest calling your credit card company to see whether they can help you out.  (And to those who ordered gift subscriptions, I'm sorry to hear that!  I almost did that, myself; I'm relieved that I didn't end up doing it.  Hopefully you can at least get the charge removed.)

best of luck to those in the same boat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Perm Hair
How to Choose a Perm
How to Get Rid of a Green Tone in Blonde Hair
How to Choose a Hairdresser
How to Make Your Blow Dry Hair Style Last
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...