A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tops with built-in shelf bras  (Read 540 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2006 07:12:41 PM »

okay ladies, i need to complain and i need some ideas! i just went to a store that sells dancewear and bought some tops that have what i guess are called built-in shelf bras. i was thinking how great they would be to wear this summer and not have to wear a regular bra under the shirt. problem is that even though they are really fitted, they don't offer much support (i swear my little B cups normally look pretty perky!) AND even though there is the built-in bra, my nipples totally show. argh!

any ideas on altering these tops so they provide some support rather than squishing me completely flat? i thought about taking out the built-in bra and putting in my own, but i don't really have an design ideas that would offer more support. and any ideas on what kind of fabric to use for a built-in bra that will actually conceal my nipples?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
mayerlove
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006 09:42:26 PM »

you can buy padding for a regular bra that you could sew into the shelf bra. no nipplage and more support. i think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Ikkerina
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006 03:44:42 AM »

you can buy padding for a regular bra that you could sew into the shelf bra. no nipplage and more support. i think.

I was planning the same thing for a backless halter I want to do. I really need the paddings.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She got back on mainframe
   She got crack on cocaine
   She got crack on seeing
   Cheater, cheater...
ksew
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006 09:32:32 AM »

I have the same "perky" problem.. although my breasts are tiny.  What I am going to do.. when I get around to it is take apart one of my shelf t's and use that for a pattern.  I HATE to wear padded bras, so I was just going to reconstruct the shelf part, and add a circle of padding, or thicker material right where the nipples hit.  This way, you get the shelf bra thing, without all the bulkiness of a padded bra, with just adding that little bit of extra padding where the nipples are.
I hate the pokey nipple syndrome..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ABC Family and Wet Seal Collaborate on Clothes
Style Sound-Off: Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, and Selena Gomez
Dress Chic and Demure Like Olivia Palmero
10 Ways to Look Slimmer Instantly
How to Wear Sheer This Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...