A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap April - Closed!  (Read 16654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fadeawaydream
« on: March 31, 2006 10:23:50 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY!

Swap name: Unconditional Swapper Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: fadeawaydream (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: April 1 - April 30
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  Sure, but make sure your parents are fine with it!
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: YES

For those of you who joined this swap in March:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please, they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in March. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you repost your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

>
Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

> Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

> Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

> The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

> Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (April 1 - April 30) is fadeawaydream. From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge.

> Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

> When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

> Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

> The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

> As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

> If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt.

> All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

> All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

> Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

> When you pm me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

*** NEW ***

Like L did in February and veludo continued in March, I will be posting who has chosen who.

"There's been a lot of talk about flaking and since this swap has a higher potential for flaking than others, I've taken the suggestion to post who is taking who's wishes in a format similar to the Ongoing Wish Swaps. If you really want to keep it a secret, thats fine, just let me know when you pm with your choice(s). I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, the next organizer may choose not to do it this way. My intention is to cut down on the amount of flaking that is happening with this swap." L

Feel free to post your lists after you send me your info.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 06:56:46 PM by fadeawaydream » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fadeawaydream
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006 10:26:05 PM »

LIST OF AVAILABLE CRAFTSTERS:
almostascone
bracelet_girl
classycrafter
glasskatana
Kristen81 (no list posted)
L
nikkisixx666
Sarahjayne
serialdeviant
snowflake
urvi (no list posted)

CHOSEN ONCE CRAFTSTERS:
jaami (Minusxl3lindfold > sent & received)
rainbow_art (veludo > sent & received)
veludo (flrtingwdisaster > sent & received)
IMIS (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
pinkkittypiper (sillysausage > sent & received)
Minusxl3lindfold (rosali > sent & received)
dontlookback (Homerof2 > sent & received)
soadchik (stellato_escuro > sent & received)
Morning Star (craft_t_chic > sent & received)

knottydottie (veludo > sent & received)
laraebay (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
pibbgirl (IMIS > sent & received)
devilninny (Gerbilonwheels > sent & received)
RobynLisa (Ezri_B > sent & received)
Krysta (devilninny > sent & received)
flrtingwdisaster (nikkisixx666 > sent & received)
redheadedali (ultraviolet > sent & received)
padray (liebschien > sent & received)
gyouko (Drea4545 > sent & received)

larissathegreat (princessblueberry > sent & received)
jMi (alwaysinmyroom > sent & received)
redpopsicles (kneat > sent & received)
stellato_escuro (night_owl > sent & received)
sillysausage (chrissy.eew > sent & received)
fadeawaydream (alwaysinmyroom > sent & received)

Writer78 (Sarah- > sent & received)
Craftgirl_Sampson (llenray > sent & received)
llenray (lechaton > sent & received)
Gerbilonwheels (lechaton > sent & received)
princessblueberry (the noodle princess > sent & received)
lucy van pelt (stellato_escuro > sent & received)
sweetie pie press (serialdeviant > sent & received)
night_owl (alwaysinmyroom > sent & received)
daydreamer13579 (memyers > sent & received)
Kasie (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
Liebschien (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
kiki_eks (SevenFaces > send by May 8)
kneat (porfiry > sent & received)
catpants (princessblueberry > sent & received)
lechaton (ultraviolet > sent & received)
Homerof2 (kiki_eks > sent & received)
Ezri_B (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
apandalee (boywonder > sent & received)
Madmatigan79 (boywonder > sent & received)
memyers (boywonder > sent & received)
raindrops (boywonder > sent)
XbelovedXoneX (redheadedali > sent & received)
porfiry (anonymous craftster > sent & received)
SevenFaces (Madmatigan79 > sent)
whitecalx (fadeawaydream > sent & received)

UNAVAILABLE CRAFTSTERS:
hertrigger (urvi > sent & received) (craft_t_chic > sent & received)
the noodle princess (whitecalx > sent & received) (Homerof2 > sent & received)
craft_t_chic (Writer78 > sent & received) (apandalee > sent & received)
ultraviolet (knottydottie > sent & received) (alwaysinmyroom > sent & received)

chrissy.eew (lasandri > sent & received) (redpopsicles > sent & received)
Sarah- (anonymous craftster > sent & received) (alwaysinmyroom > sent & received)
boywonder (bonbonz101 > sent & received) (sweetie pie press > sent & received)

lasandri (jaami > sent & received) (Sarah- > sent & received)
alwaysinmyroom (ultraviolet > sent & received) (jMi > sent & received)
bonbonz101 (anonymous craftster > sent & received) (dontlookback > sent & received)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006 07:22:17 AM by fadeawaydream » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006 10:42:45 PM »

1. a bag. there are 3 bags i want:
   - messanger bag. im in school for pharmacy technician.. and i need something STURDY! id like something with a zupper closure and then a flap with some pockets to put pencils and such in it.. decorated really cool! (here are some examples of some i like: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=59988.0, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36676.0 (with velcro instead of clips))
   - a slouchy hobo bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0 pm me for fabric preferences
   - a bag like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=55325.0 in some really cute fabric, like stars, or something, pm me for any ideas. or black, with like checkard inside, and embellished on the outside with something rockin!
THANK YOU SO MUCH URVI!!

2. some sort of kit:
   - bath kit (i cant get enough of these)
   - stuff to do when cracksters down
   - maybe a "make a _____ kit" all the fixins (fabrics, pattern, notions, to make a project)
   - stress releif (who doesnt need one)
   - time of the month kit
   - something creative  you came up with

3. a surprise or anything from my wists list: http://www.wists.com/hertrigger THANK YOU SO MUCH craft_t_chic!!
my name is vanessa. i live in california and im 21. i work at albertsons in the bakery. i go to school at night for pharmacy technician, im a craftster swap mod and i love craftster! (crackster). my style is more punkish than girly. though i dont consider myself punk, im a sucker for skulls, stars (nautical stars), hearts (broken hearts too), checkards, argyle, fun socks, cows, marilyn monroe, my chemical romance (OOOH GERARD WAY) and anything cute (but not a girly cute, i know it doesnt make sense)
FYI: i dont wear any jewlery unless its stud earrings

thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006 06:56:09 PM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006 11:11:43 PM »

i'm in canada
my wishes are:

1 a journal

2 stationary
lucky me! thanks homerof2!
3 cloth pads http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0
wow! thankyou so much whitecalx!

i love nature, bees, birds, flowers, retro and kitschy vintage stuff, frida kahlo, kill bill and napoleon dynamite.
i live in a trailer and i like to make fun of myself for being "trailer trash" so anything trailer themed would be awesome.
the only color i don't like is purple.
i don't own a digital camera so it's a good idea to take pictures if you craft for me.

thankyou to anyone who may choose to craft for me!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006 06:34:40 PM by the noodle princess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006 11:19:33 PM »

Hi, I'm 22 in Chicago, Il. I would love if some clever craftsters could send me:

1) tattoo fabric. I can't seem to find any around here and they are always ~so~ cute. Something tattoo themed would be okay too. Smiley http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60921.0

2) flower broche or hair clips http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35530.0 Thank you so very much, Lechaton!

3) I'm doing research in Malawi in 2 months. If someone could make me something to help with my trip that would be terrific. (ex. a cute name/info strap for my luggage, decoupage travel shampoo/conditioner bottles, a little billfold to leave copies of all my info in for my roommates, etc.) I don't want to limit this, because it would be totally awesome if someone was interested in finding out more about Malawi and making something specific for my stay there rather than just for travel (but just for travel is good too ^_^) http://www.ramsar.org/pictures/malawi-chilwa3.jpg

If you visit my myspace page you'll probably get a better feel for the sort of stuff I like. I'm super girly. I love color. I love biking. I am disgustingly infatuated with learning. I'm a biology/nursing major. I don't wear a lot of jewelry (except for a bangle my great great grandmother gave to my great grandmother on her wedding day and has since been passed down, cupcake earrings made by Kid Compassion and my button necklace made Craf_t_chic, or pearls). I get really really excited for mail.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006 08:05:32 PM by gerbilonwheels » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006 05:02:52 PM »

I live in Alberta, Canada.

#1  A Cross-stitched Tea Pot - I currently have 3 in my 'collection' and would love to add to it.  Any color or design is fine (except halloween or santa) and my only request is the tea pot be about 3" x 3" and the aida cloth be at least 6" x 6" so I can frame it to match the others.

#2  Kitchen item(s) with chili peppers on it.  Ideas:  magnet, something to hang in the window, pot holders, hot mat, small cross stitch picture, etc.
Thanks Kiki_eks!

#3  Something to do with Tulips.  I have themes each season in my house and am needing a few more for spring.  Ideas:  picture, painting, cross stitch, etc.

A bit about me:  I'm a stay at home mom with two teenage sons.  I love doing crafts and exchaning with people from around the world.  I love colors
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006 03:26:13 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006 05:06:18 PM »

hey y'all...

I have three wishes:

- Little pinback buttons.  Themes like: typewriters; creative writing inspiration; melodramatic speech bubbles from comic books; The Young Riders and The Magnificent Seven TV shows; funny/weird stuff

- Something from, or inspired by, my wist list.  I would enjoy either something on my wist page (link in my signature) or something inspired by an item you see there - for example, I have listed a purse with a castle on it.  If that makes you think of a different item you'd want to make with a castle theme, I'd love that!

- Tiny cards with tiny envelopes.  Preferably blank inside; could be themed or general on the outside; about 2 by 3 inches is nice.  THANK YOU, Sarah!  I'm excited to see what you make!

I am 28, single, Christian, conservative.  I go for muted colors, elegance, simplicity, ladylike stuff.  I don't go for neons, cutesy, or sexy/edgy.  I love history, especially medieval, wild west, Victorian.

thanks for reading my wishes!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006 07:28:31 PM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

laraebay
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006 05:28:51 PM »

<removed for privacy>
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007 08:56:57 PM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fadeawaydream
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006 05:35:13 PM »

I decided to tweak my list a bit as I didn't wish for the things that I wished for anymore.  Wink

I'm in IL, USA.

1. A Learn to Crochet kit or just something crocheted--I'm sure I can find some videos online, but I'd like the wisdom of you experts. Perhaps some hooks and an easy pattern (and how to read a pattern!)? Or if something crocheted, I'd like just about anything! Those little animals are adorable or perhaps a simple tank top... Surprise me!
2. A ribbon belt! (something like this without such large rings: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75711.0) I love the one in the picture, but anything else in greens or browns would be great too. Though, I'm not a fan of stripes or polka dots.
3. A tote! I can make my own (and I have), but theres not enough time, and you can never have too many! I love everything about this tote (http://www.livejournal.com/community/craftgrrl/6319121.html), but anything will work! Something rather large, as I tend to lug around many teachers editions of textbooks. Thanks alwaysinmyroom!

About me: I'm student teaching in a third grade class currently, though I plan to become a children's librarian instead of teacher. Crafting restores my sanity after a long day with the little ones. I love everything corduroy and small floral print. I like earthy colors--brown, green, blue, orange. I hate pink and black and white. I like grey not gray. I also do not like checkered patterns or polka dots. I can deal with certain kinds of stripes. I'm fairly simple; I'd prefer solids or the little flowers. Anything else you need to know, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006 07:51:27 PM by fadeawaydream » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daydreamer13579
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006 05:39:29 PM »

I am in WV USA

Wind chimes or suncatcher for my porch.

A noisy bracelet...something with blue/green beads and ocean/beach charms in silver would be fantastic.

Supplies--paper and ephemera, scrapbooking stuff, cotton fabric, bulky yarn

I love blues and purples. The ocean is my favorite place to be. I spend a lot of time either crafting or on Craftster. I sew, do a lot of paper related stuff, newbie crocheter, paint, polymer clay, ATC's,  photography.  If you need more info PM me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006 08:24:46 PM by daydreamer13579 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Lizard
How to Illustrate a Palm Tree
How to Create a Cartoon Bunny
How to Draw a Fly
How to Buy a Calligraphy Pen
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...