A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Amazing T-shirt Swap (SIGNUPS CLOSED ; MAIL BY 5/10/06)  (Read 4276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 31, 2006 09:19:19 AM »

Swap name: The Amazing T-shirt Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: hertrigger
Sign-up date range: 3/31/06-4/19/06
Date to send item by: 5/10/06

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nope!

Non-U.S. participants allowed?: YES!

All ages allowed? Or 18+?: of course, just make sure its ok with your parents!

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
the amazing tshirt swap is everything it says in the title. you will have the option of sending a shirt to your partner, or just letting your partner get you a shirt and they will stencil, silk screen or embellish the hell out of it and send it back. you will also have the choice to have 2 partners or one. tshirts must be of good quality if you are buying for your partner.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: The Amazing T-shirt Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?:
Do you want to send your shirt to your partner or do you trust them to buy one for you?:
Do you want to buy a shirt for your partner or do you want them to send you one?:
Would you like 1 or 2 partners?:
Are you allergic to anything?: (pets, cigarrette smoke, perfumes, smells)
Do you have anything in the household that might strike an allergy reaction?: (pets, foods, smoker)
Tshirt size:
Tshirt color preferences:
What kinda shirt can you offer?: (stencil, silk screen, embellished)
What's your style:? (punk, girly, goth, preppy, kitchsy, etc)
Any symbols, bands, stencils you absolutely love and want to get it out there?:
Do you have a way to post pics?:
Do you give your partner permission to post pics?:
Anything else your partner might need to know or you want to tell your partner?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1 partner:
logger-ithmic
amytron
magzilla542
Doodisgurl89 - FIRST SWAP
Kasie
kinkyknit
ChloeZ
night_owl
Felly
themixtaper
well.whiskey - FIRST SWAP
Liebschien

2 partners:
tantrum
bridgetbarcode
tenika

PARTNERS:
these partners are sending their shirts, so PLEASE have them sent by 4.24.06
means they sent their shirts
amytron <-> liebschein

magzilla542 <-> Zephyr
tantrum <-> kasie
tantrum <-> bridgetbarcode
bridgetbarcode <-> themixtaper
tenika <-> logger-ithmic
tenika <-> night_owl
felly <-> kinkyknits
chloez <-> well.wiskey
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006 07:45:53 PM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.c om

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006 11:19:05 AM »

hertrigger - you and your cool swaps! I might have to hop on this train!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006 01:12:37 PM »

hertrigger, when you say the t-shirts have to be of good quality, do you mean they should be on the expensive side?  i'm not sure what you mean by good quality...

You know those t-shirts that are kind of sheer and are usually %100 cotton.  I find sometimes they twist in the wash and make them unbearable to wear.  I think (personally) I would rather spend a bit more and get a decent shirt than send one that might get ruined in the wash.

Another idea is to get your partner a t-shirt like one you already own.  I am stencilling a shirt for another swap and when I brought home the shirt and washed it, it twisted, so I went back returned it,  and bought one that I had one of and knew it washed well.  I had to spend a bit more (about $16CDN on sale) but it was worth it to get something good quality. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006 03:44:12 PM »

hertrigger, when you say the t-shirts have to be of good quality, do you mean they should be on the expensive side?  i'm not sure what you mean by good quality...

You know those t-shirts that are kind of sheer and are usually %100 cotton.  I find sometimes they twist in the wash and make them unbearable to wear.  I think (personally) I would rather spend a bit more and get a decent shirt than send one that might get ruined in the wash.

Another idea is to get your partner a t-shirt like one you already own.  I am stencilling a shirt for another swap and when I brought home the shirt and washed it, it twisted, so I went back returned it,  and bought one that I had one of and knew it washed well.  I had to spend a bit more (about $16CDN on sale) but it was worth it to get something good quality. 

i get plain mens shirts at wal mart for nothing over 5 dollars.. they fit well, they wash well, and the colors are GREAT!

in quality i mean, dont go to your closet, grab something that you clean the cat box with, dye your hair with, clean the yard with, make sure its something that they could actually wear

i was in the stencil my shirt swap and she got a stretchy shirt, (which men dont have stretchy shirts, that i know of) and i KNOW i put on my form that it had to be a MENS MEDIUM.. because thats ALL i wear, and now i have this KICK ASS shirt, that sits in my closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006 03:47:49 PM »

oh ok, i get it now. i  have a small stash of shirts for swaps that i've been buying when they're on sale (of course, i have never worn them and they still have tags) and i was going to use one of those if i did this swap, i just wasn't sure whatcha meant. Thanks for clearing it up!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

logger-ithmic
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006 05:10:32 PM »

This one sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tantrum
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006 07:50:28 PM »

i signed up! yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006 09:15:15 PM »

oh ok, i get it now. i  have a small stash of shirts for swaps that i've been buying when they're on sale (of course, i have never worn them and they still have tags) and i was going to use one of those if i did this swap, i just wasn't sure whatcha meant. Thanks for clearing it up!  Grin

oh, thats perfectly fine Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mata
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006 10:48:03 PM »

Hmm I'm interested but have to see if I can sign up or If I'm already in too many swaps  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006 11:07:37 PM »

I am so torn about if I should do this or not!  I want to but am terrified of getting too overwhelmed w/swaps.... 

I'll probably sign up, but I'm going to wait to send in my info till the end of the sign-up period; just in case Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek: Birchbox February 2014
6 Makeup Tricks Perfect for Date Night
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...