A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I a Smug Married???? (Wedding Portrait Dilemma)  (Read 1583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006 08:34:32 PM »

I think that portrait of you is beautiful, and it would be a shame not to display it. It's lovely and artistic, as well as a reminder of your wedding day and the commitments you and your DH made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006 01:16:02 AM »

What a beautiful picture!  You have only hung a 5 x 7 anyway, so what are your family going on about - it's not like you've wallpapered the place with your own pictures!

I'd tell them that you are starting a feature wall for family portraits and that this is where you'll hang all the baby photos too, and that by choosing modest 5 x 7 sizes for your wedding photos you'll be able to fit all the gazillions of baby pictures up there too.  Then they can start nagging you about "when are you going to have babies" instead of about the photo.  It will be just as annoying, of course, but given that every newly married couple will eventually be nagged about having babies you could just consider this a nudge away from the irritating photo-nagging.

I have a wall dedicated to photos and I have 3 kids and I can see myself needing to move onto another wall soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006 11:44:03 PM »

It's only 5x7? I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far.

I'm chiming in because I used to be a custom picture framer. You have no idea how big those bride only wedding photos can get! The largest one I framed was 16x20! BEFORE THE HUGE MATT AND FRAME! Normally those were brought in by rich country club type young women (and some old ones too).

5x7 is modest and tasteful. leave it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
tejer
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006 06:37:52 AM »

My husband is Korean and we had wedding pictures taken there. We have a huge picture of us hung in our bedroom. That's the thing to do in Korea when you are a young married couple--hang up your huge weddding picture(s) in your house. Eventually it seems that those huge wedding pictures give way to huge family pictures. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Shouldn't we all be celebrating that we are happily married to the people we love and letting people see that? I don't think it's smug. It would be kind of silly to spend the money on pictures and then let them just sit in some closed-up album. And we all know that wedding pictures ain't cheap.

I say celebrate your wedding day and the love it represents, celebrate that you looked beautiful, and let everyone else know that it's actually good to be happy about being married!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006 06:43:03 AM »

It's only 5x7? I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far.

I'm chiming in because I used to be a custom picture framer. You have no idea how big those bride only wedding photos can get! The largest one I framed was 16x20! BEFORE THE HUGE MATT AND FRAME! Normally those were brought in by rich country club type young women (and some old ones too).

5x7 is modest and tasteful. leave it. 

I agree-my mother has a 16x20 of just me matted and framed *that's size without the frame just like quoted here* in their living room...she says someday it will be mine Cheesy

I panicked when I read this thread. In our bedroom I have 6 framed wedding pictures on my hope chest.

I also have wedding photos from my brother's and my husband's brother's weddings.

Hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.e tsy.com Thanks Smiley
Sourire11
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006 10:12:01 AM »

Im also constantly worrying about turning into a smug married as I am the only one of my friends whos hitched!  Im not sure what the warning signs are but I dont think that having a few 5x7s around of your wedding is one of them.  My vote is to keep them up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Wear Boxy Tops
DIY Gladiator Sandals: VIBE Vixen Style Profile
Get The Alexa Chung Style
Get the Victoria Beckham Style
5 Denim Pieces Every Woman Should Have in Her Closet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...