A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I a Smug Married???? (Wedding Portrait Dilemma)  (Read 1720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alexafree
« on: March 31, 2006 07:18:43 AM »

Is it a smug married move to put up a picture of yourself from your wedding prominently displayed in your living room? I have 2 5x7 pics up on my living room wall (matted in a nice frame). 1 is of me and dh right after we were pronounced married and they other is of me standing alone. My family (including my husband) are totally ragging on me for putting up a picture of myself.

I'm latin...latin's put up 20x40 self portraits with the fuzzy haze glowing in the background as the subject stares into the sublime abyss (looking virginal I might add). I think my choice of photos & placement is not a cheesy move.

Any opinions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redridinghood
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006 07:23:49 AM »

ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I think that having pictures of your marriage as prominent fixtures in the home is WONDERFUL!  It's a daily reminder of your love, commitment, and one of the happiest days of your life!  We (my husband and I) have a picture of us on our wedding day up in our bedroom as well as some other things from our wedding being displayed- and a picture of my husband and his brother goofing around on the wedding day displayed in our living room.  I think it's great that you have two beautiful pictures of your day on the wall-- more power to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucid501
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006 07:25:42 AM »

I have up some wedding pictures as well, including one of just me. (a 4x6 in a frame with pictures of us together) I thought people would think it was weird at first, but then I decided I didn't care because that was my favorite wedding picture of me, regardless of whether my DH was in it.

I know some people who have done things such as Glamour Shots and then proceeded to put up an 18x24 pic of themselves, which I think is a but weird. But wedding pictures are different, and 5x7? That's totally tasteful. I say leave it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cataway

we love puddin tats and runny babbits!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006 07:50:15 AM »

I would put out my wedding pics if I thought for a moment that my boys wouldn't thrash them within minutes so for now they stay safely put away .  For what it is worth I see wedding pics in more houses than not, so the weirdos are the ones who don't hold a special place for their special day pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006 08:21:46 AM »

Who cares what anyone else thinks of how you decorate your own home?! Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexafree
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006 11:25:05 AM »

Here is the offending picture. It's not so much that I care what others think as much as I think I have possibly become a smug married. The other day I caught myself trying to convert a singleton to marriage-dom. I wasn't sure if I was too far gone or what.

Thx Guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006 11:33:13 AM »

Do what you feel is right for you!  It is your house, your wedding, do what you want!

I catch hell because the only wedding picture I have displayed is done by a caricature artist friend of our's who did caricatures at our wedding! It is my favorite wedding picture!  We look like cool cartoon character versions of ourselves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006 11:36:27 AM »

Its a beautiful picture.  I'm a smug married too.  Marriage rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006 11:41:25 AM »

I agree with everybody else, leave your picture up, it's not tacky or smug, it's a daily reminder of what is supposed to be the happiest day in your life, why not have it displayed in your home?  Besides, that is a gorgeous picture, you were a stunning bride, so I think you should show it off, and if people don't like it, they don't have to look at it.  I think if it was a lifesized portrait, that would be different, but a 5x7 photograph is very tastefull.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006 11:42:49 AM »

*we have lots of huge pictures of me in our house, so maybe I'm too gauche to take advice from*  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a ‘Breakfast Club Sandwich’
Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Bread Recipe for the Super Bowl
The Potato Express: Does It Work?!
How to Make a Cheese Soufflé with Bacon-Arugula Salad
KD101: Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...