A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eeeeeeh?  (Read 489 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iheartyourbrains
« on: April 06, 2006 08:49:36 PM »

So I'm moving into a new place this summer, and it's quite a tight space and to make it a little more difficult it's technically an attic space....most of the room is under the slant of the roof. What should I do in the space that the roof is so low I couldn't even sit under it anymore. So far what I'm thinking of is just getting storage boxes for my clothes and then somehow hang curtains to hide them, and also put my hamster cages along the same wall. One of the walls....the only wall without a door on it....has a baseboard heater running the length of it and don't particularly want to put my bed on that wall for fear that it would catch on fire and also can't really put shelves on the wall since the only place they would have fit is taken by the only window. Maybe somebody has better ideas than me for solutions to these design/storage problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fembot
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006 01:27:51 AM »

How big is the room? Are there two slanted walls or just one? I'm assuming there's only one slanted wall, and three straight walls, which are out of bounds due to doors, windows and heaters, right?

Could you maybe do something like this?

Your feet don't need that much room in bed, but your head end does, so could you put your bed in with your feet toards the small slanted end, and a big (but not too tall) bookcase or cupboard that is accessible for storage on one side, and acts as a headboard for the bed on the other side?
That's the only thing I can think of... I've always wanted to do this as it looks really New York lofty to me, you could have a nice lamp on the bookcase, and a plant, that sort of thing, and you could use the lamp to read by in bed, or as an accent light in the room when you're not in bed.

Fembot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartyourbrains
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006 03:35:26 PM »

well, there's a wall that comes out from the slanted cieling so that there's a space for my bed, I'm hoping that I can put it up against that short wall without bumping my head if I were to use my bed like a couch, which is generally what I do everywhere I go, just put the long end up against the wall and have pillows against the wall so I can sit up and lean back to read and watch t.v. although there won't be cable in the room, so movies in this case. Then along the wall where my bed will be the rest of it goes back to the point where the slant and the wall meets is only about 2 feet high, I'm not sure exactly how tall, I haven't been able to measure it yet. The person who's in there now has their room so cluttered you can't even walk into it really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Weeknight Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
Maple French Toast Recipe
Meatless Chili Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...