A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show us your Photoshop and PSP art!!!  (Read 20067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scissorchic
« on: March 30, 2006 09:52:15 PM »

Okay, so I keep tinkering with my beloved photoshop only to realize that once I'm done with my photo I have no one to show it to.  Sad really.  So here I thought I would put a place for all of us craftsters to show off our skills! 

Here are a few I've finnished:

I've have so many ideas for more but I haven't had time to do any of them.

Now lets see what you have!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009 11:31:25 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

scissorchic
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006 12:14:02 PM »

Thanks.  It took me a long time to figure out how to use photoshop but I found some awesome tuts online that helped out a lot.  Once you figure out all the tools it's actually really simple.  The layering really confused me to start with.  You should post your pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006 03:25:16 PM »

I LOVE to play with PSP.  Here's one I did for my son's birthday invitation.  I had the photos printed 6x4 then folded them in half and glued the invitation to the inside - that's why the writing at the top is upside down so that when I folded the photo in half, the writing was my little "signature" at the back of the card.  It went down well - everybody loved them.  Sorry the picture is pixelated - I had to reduce it to 30% for Craftster's picture hosting.  Smiley

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011 02:12:00 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006 04:04:56 PM »

Mmmm, photoshop.. wanna play too... Wink

Here's one I did for a contest.. Characters copyrighted by frisket17 at deviantart.

Foreground horsie had neither mane nor tail to speak of, so it was a bit of a pain, and looks bad too.. the horse was darker than what I needed as well. Argh.
The stallion in the back was atleast gray from the beginning, and did have a tiny bit of mane Cheesy
It comes with a poem. The contest contribution can be found in it's entirety at http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11716314/
Wink

This is done mostly with filters and patterns, but some bits are hand drawn

This is a commission by a friend, fully hand drawn. First on paper, for general directions, then completely drawn with a mouse only, except for the crosshairs..

A deviantID made in PS

Another.. for my boyfriend, who had a small reaperman for an avatar

And an intended splash-screen for a website I never got around to creating

Photomanip of a tombstone, and a "brush" pinup (yes, I have them as photoshop brushes, to use as stamps Cheesy )

Sorry for the pics being so big, I took them straight off my DA site
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006 04:09:26 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006 02:27:47 PM »

wow those are all really cool!  scissorchic i really like that first one Smiley 

i do a lot of art in photoshop....but none of it is photomanipulations LOL.  i do things called pixel dolls Smiley
other people make the bodies (called 'bases') and then you can go and draw the clothes and the hair and accessories and whatnot.  i usually do a little editing to the faces and the shading to make them look more uniform with my style of drawing.  the only stipluation to using the bases is that you are supposed to link back to the creator's website Smiley
here are a few examples:

base bodies by http://poisonberry.net

base body by gabby

there are more on my DA site if anyone is interested:  http://breathe-only-me.deviantart.com/

haha its a weird little hobby i picked up, but can't seem to put down Smiley  its quite addicting and LOADS of fun Smiley  there are all kinds of forums with challenges and whatnot and tons of nice people Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

maleficent
Down the Rabit Hole

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006 08:09:46 PM »

My friend Wayne as Harry potter. made today when i got bored in media arts class

Tickle me emo, part of a bit of an emo joke phase i went through a while back! it still makes me smile...i know the vest is very flat, it was kind of an afterthought and was kinnda slapped on...i should fix it!

Emo Emu, part of that same emo jokes phase, this one was actualy made before elmo! tee hee emo emu, the words are just super!

My sister goofing around in her super nifty tutu and fishnets! she dosnt really dance balet or anything (as you can probably tell by her form) but she just wanted a tutu so she and my mom made one and she like wears it to school and stuff! it's cool! (the lyrics around the sphere say just like romantic verses just like a joyus end just like a memory it twists me, it's from an AFI song)

my hero, John Lennon. this was made when i was first learning how to use photoshop. i'm really not happy with the blending or the way the pictures flow i keep meaning to get back to this picutre and fix it up i jsut han't gotten around to it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -Gandhi
cynlen
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006 12:24:48 AM »

I've just recently started using photoshop and can't figure out where to start! Would you mind sharing what you feel are some of the better tutorials?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorchic
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006 10:02:04 AM »

Here is the website that I used to get me started.  I hope this helps.

http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop/photo-effects/3/10/newest

Here's another one I did last night while I was bored.  I had my wisdom teeth taken out so I have lots of spare time.  Any-hoo someone pointed out that I don't have the hands arranged right so I have to do this one again.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011 02:12:09 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006 10:04:59 AM »

scissorchic- haha that is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
cynlen
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006 01:59:37 AM »

Looks like a great tutorial site! I can't wait to try some of them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build Bridges with Popsicle Sticks
How to Make a Silhouette Art Piece
How to Make Confetti
How to Make a 3-D Paper Snowflake
How to Win a Staring Contest
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...