A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Amineko (amigurumi cat) Crochetalong (w/pattern link)  (Read 38708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

andy8715
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2006 09:00:03 PM »

well i got part of the head done but was majorly unsatisfied with it so i promised myself to start it as soon as i got a break from school  (who knew just starting college was so hectic. i spent all of my first few days leaving an hour early to find the class and finding it like 5 minutes before it actually started.)

anywhoo. this weekend i mostly have to read a bunch of stuff but i'm going to try to work on it some. during my  'studdying ADD' I swear i can't read more than one page of a textbook without my mind wondering but give me a novel and i can finish that bad boy in a day. I <3 Harry Potter.  Kiss

I don't know if i'm more excited about the cat or the clothes i plan to make for her.  Huh Tongue

seriously, is it possible to develop ADD later in life or do i just have a wandering mind. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
aleryan

proof that I really am a birdbrain

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006 09:14:11 PM »

OMG!  This is so cute!  I've got the head crocheted, and my version of ears (we'll see if I like them attached.)  I went and bought the pellets and stuffing so I'll hopefully have pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilylola
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2006 12:27:35 AM »

I've been planning to make on eof these for my sister for Christmas - this thread might just encourage me to get going with it sometime before Christmas Eve!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did but backwards and in high heels

MY wist
MY ETSY
folksy shop
andy8715
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2006 10:14:07 PM »

is the muzzle supposed to close up at the end. cause i did to row 11 and there is still quite a large hole. I'm so confused. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
warmfuzzies
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2006 05:36:41 AM »

Ambo - Yes, the muzzle closes up at the end.  It's kind of tricky to describe, but the mouth is worked from left to right (or right to left, whatever floats your boat), and not from the top down.  Since it's worked in the round, the front and back of the muzzle are crocheted at the same time, so you're actually making a flat muzzle in the round.  Maybe if you ripped out your R11, flattened the muzzle with your hands (just turn the "tube" in its side and smoosh), and re-crochet R11, the hole will disappear? 

Haha, hope that makes sense.  Looking forward to seeing your finished Amineko.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2006 08:15:08 AM »

I love these lil guys. But I dno't crochet.. never could wrap my head around it.. you all rock for making them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andy8715
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2006 09:06:15 PM »

i was just wonderin how much yarn you guys left after the completion of each part cause i'm startin to think i didn't leave enought on the head and torso i've got done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
kelly_bear
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2006 12:29:07 AM »

I'm working on one of these!Had no idea there was a crochetalong..

Here's mine so far.He's still nameless..And tail-less and missing one leg and a mouth for that matter Tongue
I couldn't find pellets to put in the body,so I'm using dried beans.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

andy8715
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2006 09:22:16 AM »

awww. kelly_bear.  That's cute, even though he's missing some parts. lol Cheesy  i love the color combination especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
tanyakitty
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2006 09:53:44 AM »

i've been working on my cat for a couple of days now. all of it's parts are finished, now I just need to stitch it together and finish it up. i got stuck at the mouth part as i've seen some cats with the mouth worked a couple of different ways, but i did it like the most recent cat pic above (missing parts, haha, but it is cute Smiley  )

Okay... I finished the kitty.. am now attempting to upload some pics...

This one was particularly frustrating (though not necessarily difficult) to piece together. At first, I accidentally stitched her tail to where her arm should have been (oops!) but it all turned out well in the end.  I am debating on whether or not i will change her eyes.. not sure i like them the way they are or not.  Either way, I'm excited that she's done!  Now onto the Pirate Sam-Along!

This is the real Kitty that inspired the colors for this Amineko...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006 04:31:33 PM by tanyakitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

find me on ravelry: tanyakitty
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Chalk Still Life
How to Draw Naruto
How to Draw Scrat from the Movie Ice Age 4
Superhero Comic Artist: Behind the Scenes
Paper Folding the World with Papiroflexia
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...