A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Amineko (amigurumi cat) Crochetalong (w/pattern link)  (Read 39391 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

d0t
I EAT YARN!

I EAT YARN!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2006 08:54:43 PM »

I've seen this pattern http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mite/diagram/crochetedCat.html for a gorgeous amigurumi cat called Amineko. Anyone feel like crochetingalong with me? I'm going to be using some chenille I got from a swap.

Bec
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:03:35 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angipants
B-L-O-N-Duh!

Angi-pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006 01:38:42 PM »

Your link isn't working. Try this: http://klbdstuff.blogspot.com/2006/03/patterns-for-sale.html and this:http://kinkylilblackdress.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006 01:43:13 PM by Angipants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

d0t
I EAT YARN!

I EAT YARN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006 04:05:30 PM »

Ah, thanks Smiley The direct link to the pattern (http://kinkylilblackdress.blogspot.com/2006/02/little-black-cat-translated-amineko.html ) wasn't working yesterday, so I put aup a link to the cached version. Probably only works in my browser Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

6kitties
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006 08:45:06 AM »

Yes, the website owner of the site has apparently decided to take down the free pattern and charge $4 for it.  She's entitled to make a buck or two, I suppose, but I'm not quite sure of the ethics of *charging* for what's just a very rough translation of a free pattern. But hey, I'm no copyright lawyer. I certainly hope she's decided to include some sort of, say, guideline for assembling.  For example, the 'neko is much more poseable if you only stuff the tips of the hands and feet and leave the rest of the limbs empty.  Lots of amineko makers stuff the bejeezus out of the whole thing, which is cute, I guess, but not as capable of maintaining a pose.  It's also best, I've discovered, if you put the arms on at a 45 degree angle, which gives them a more natural range of motion.    Has anyone *bought* her pattern and can tell the rest of us if she covers more than what was up as free, which was just how to make the parts? 

6K, who's made about 5 of them, based off a chart and pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006 01:41:48 PM »

I printed a copy of her pattern when it was free.  Deciphering those Japanese patterns is something I am not willing to do at this point. 

I'd like to try it though.  I like the little red and white version. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006 10:59:53 PM »

here is the original Japanese pattern for the Amineko:
http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mite/gurumineko/4/amizu1.html#maido

I can't read that, but babelfish helps!
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

The author put up lots of pictures and the pattern is listed row by row.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KinkyLilBlackDress
Always Bet on Black.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006 03:09:22 PM »

Yes, the website owner of the site has apparently decided to take down the free pattern and charge $4 for it.  She's entitled to make a buck or two, I suppose, but I'm not quite sure of the ethics of *charging* for what's just a very rough translation of a free pattern. But hey, I'm no copyright lawyer. I certainly hope she's decided to include some sort of, say, guideline for assembling.  For example, the 'neko is much more poseable if you only stuff the tips of the hands and feet and leave the rest of the limbs empty.  Lots of amineko makers stuff the bejeezus out of the whole thing, which is cute, I guess, but not as capable of maintaining a pose.  It's also best, I've discovered, if you put the arms on at a 45 degree angle, which gives them a more natural range of motion.    Has anyone *bought* her pattern and can tell the rest of us if she covers more than what was up as free, which was just how to make the parts? 

6K, who's made about 5 of them, based off a chart and pictures.
You could have asked me, and I would have answered all your questions!

It's more than just a rough translation. It's modified a dozen or so times over. I've checked with copyright folks, and my pattern is all good as far as they see it. It was posted free so that it could be tested. When the testers came back to me with suggestions on how to change it, I did. I certainly wouldn't want to sell an untested pattern! Yes, people have bought it, and yes, there are assembling instructions.

If anyone has any more questions about the pattern, my email is in my crafter profile, and on my site. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006 03:37:23 PM by KinkyLilBlackDress » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006 07:33:58 AM »

A friend of mine translated the original Japanese pattern for me.  You're welcome to it - I'll dig it up...  will get back to you soon.

EDIT: Okay, I took the pencilled notes that my friend made and typed it up - here it is.  There are  lots of details missing, so you'll have to refer to the original Japanese page here for assembly instructions, or buy it from KinkyLilBlackDress here (as mentioned previously in this thread).

Head (make 1)

Rnd 1 :  make 6 sc into a ring (6 sts)

Rnd 2 :  sc inc each st (12 sts)

Rnd 3 :  sc inc in every 2nd st (18 sts)

Rnd 4 :  sc inc in every 3rd st (24 sts)

Rnd 5 :  sc inc in every 4th st (30 sts)

Rnd 6 :  sc inc in every 5th st (36 sts)

Rnd 7 : sc inc in every 6th st (42 sts)

Rnd 8: sc inc in every 7th st (48 sts)

Rnds 9 - 15:   work even (48 sts)

Rnd 16:  dec in every 7th st (42 sts)

Rnd 17:  dec in every 6th st (36 sts)

Rnd 18 : dec in every 5th st (30 sts)

Rnd 19:  dec in every 4th st (24 sts)

Rnd 20:  dec in every 3rd st (18 sts)

Body (make 1)

Rnd 3 :  sc inc in every 2nd st (18 sts)

Rnd 4 :  sc inc in every 3rd st (24 sts)

Rnd 5 :  sc inc in every 4th st (30 sts)

Rnd 6 :  sc inc in every 5th st (36 sts)

Rnds 7 - 23:  work even (36 sts)

Rnd 24:   dec in every 5th st (30 sts)

Rnds 25 - 26:   work even (30 sts)

Rnd 27: dec in every 4th st (24 sts)

Rnd 28 -29: work even (24 sts)

Rnd 30:  dec in every 3rd st (18 sts)

Rnds 31 -32: work even (18 sts)

Arms (make 2)

Rnds 3 - 6 : work even (12 sts)

Rnd 7:    dec in every 3rd st (9 sts)  Huh Note: pattern says 8 sts left, I get 9

Rnds  8 - 28: work even (9 sts)

Legs (make 2)

Rnd 3:  sc inc every 4th sts (15 sts)

Rnds 4 - 7: work even (15 sts) 

Rnd 8:   dec every 3rd st (11 sts)   Huh Note: pattern says 10 sts left, I get 11

Rnds 9 - 24:  work even (11 sts)

Tail (make 1)

Rnd 2 :  sc inc every 3rd st (8 sts)

Rnds 3 - 22: work even (8 sts) 

Ears (make 2)

Rnd 1:    make 4 sc into a ring (4 sts)

Rnd 2 :   sc inc each st (8 sts)

Rnd 3:   sc inc every 4th st (10 sts)   

Rnd 4:   sc inc every 5th st (12 sts)

Rnd 5:   sc inc every 6th st (14 sts)

Muzzle (make 1) - Note: it seems long, but it gets attached sideways to the face

Rnd 1 :  make 7 sc into a ring (7 sts)

Rnd 2 :  sc inc each st (14 sts)

Rnds  3 - 10:  work even (14 sts)

Rnd 11:  sc dec next 3 sts, sc dec next 4 sts, sc dec next 3 sts, sc dec next 4 sts (4 sts)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006 09:48:34 AM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006 09:28:07 AM »

I love her little outfit and dolly.  Nice job!

Thanks for posting this pattern.  I was going to do it myself from my Babelfish/Japanese copy, but now I don't have to.  The Japanese pattern maker gave specific instructions to use pellets in the "underwear" area and the hands and feet and also to make sure he can sit up before sewing on his legs. 

Good luck to KinkyLilBlackDress in your endeavors.  Your cats look like they have shorter legs and a larger muzzle than the Japanese ones.

One question.  Do you do this in spirals or do you use a slip stitch at the end of every round?  I like working in spirals, because the slip stitch always mixes me up.

Now I need to go out to the craft mall and find those pellets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006 09:44:14 AM »

I was going to do it myself from my Babelfish/Japanese copy, but now I don't have to. 

Thanks.  Please feel free to correct the translation I got.  No doubt there are minor errors (like the st count problems I had), but I followed it, and it made a nice-looking cat I think.

One question.  Do you do this in spirals or do you use a slip stitch at the end of every round?  I like working in spirals, because the slip stitch always mixes me up.

Me too - spirals all the way.  I think it looks better.  If I sl-st and ch-1 on every round, I find it produces a little jog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dirty Rice Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Mac and Cheese Recipe
Grilled and Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...