A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two (almost) No-Sew Skirts!  (Read 3403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

defunctbuffalo
« on: March 30, 2006 07:54:27 PM »

Okay...  I tried to post this earlier today and kept getting kicked off the forum, so hopefully I won't wind up with three identical posts or something.  Here goes.

I probably look at the clothing forums most often, but being sort of sew-challenged, this is my first post here!  Two very low-effort skirts.

First one, it was a long jean skirt, very much not my style.  I chopped it off to make a short skirt, and attacked it with a ten-pack of multicolored sharpies.

The front:

The back: (because who doesn't want an achor on their butt?)

And then a close-up of the doodles:

Next one is just that ten-second t-shirt skirt that was all over the forums for a while, I'm sorry I don't remember where I found the tut.  I took a men's medium (probably a large would have worked better, the waist is a bit tight).  It was plain grey, so I wanted to add some decoration-- but no fabric in the apartment and no fabric store within walking distance!  And it was midnight.  What to do?  Well, the answer to all quandries at midnight in my neighborhood is:  Walgreens.  Which did not have fabric, but had these multicolored patches to sew onto pants and things.  So I bought a pack in pants-type colors, cut out some stars, stitched them on, and voila:

Beach skirt!

I want to put some stars on the back, too, because it looks a little too much like it used to be a tshirt...

What do you think??
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 08:43:26 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
misslilamae
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006 07:57:17 PM »

They're both cute, but that first one is FREAKING AWESOME.

You ROCK.  Hardcore.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YogiBear
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006 08:41:34 PM »

I'M in aw! That rocks so much!!!

I recently got a 5 pack of sharpies and i was thinking about doing the same thing, but i couldn't do it nearly this good! MMgsh i'm in love(with the skirt)! I won't be able to compare with this, but at least i'll be able to say i tried...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KittyKurl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006 09:27:35 PM »

Um, did you say low effort?!?!
That first skirt is amazing! I have tried to do awesomely random doodles like that before, and it is harder than it looks! (despite everything anyone has ever said about doodles... maybe I am just artistically challenged? O_O;Wink
you are awesome... I loooveee it!!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006 06:10:38 AM »

hei great job - and YES - your doodles are awesom .... if i send you a skirt would you doodle it for me?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defunctbuffalo
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006 08:38:06 AM »

Wow, thanks, guys!  My doodling prowess is the product of too many years of high school spent covering notebooks with squiggles. 

hei great job - and YES - your doodles are awesom .... if i send you a skirt would you doodle it for me?Huh?

Heh-  sure!  Want to trade something for a doodled skirt? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006 08:56:15 AM »

hmmm, .... i would love to ;-))) But i think i am better in making jewlery than constructed stuff - do you like bracelets with loads of dangling stuff?? or necklaces with the main central bead hand-made (i am doing some lampwork beads as well) .... if you really want send me a private email at pisicatndru at hotmail.com ;-)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
.:Sprigged:.

100% Britmerican

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006 11:33:23 AM »

Gasp; I really want both skirts. You are really talented. You just inspired me to do a starry 50's sundress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
radsteph
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006 11:52:14 AM »

OMG,awesome!
I love your doodles xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Steph
ArmyOfMe

It should be raining

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006 01:22:32 PM »

Holy crapola! I love the jean skirt. I'm a big fan of flowing doodles like that, and you are great at it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Section Ethnic Hair for Coloring
Applying Highlights to Ethnic Hair
How to Section Your Hair
Creating Volume in Your Hair
Best Way to Blow Dry Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...