A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Redhead Pride/Appreciation Swap  (Read 3010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

akredhead
« on: March 30, 2006 10:27:45 AM »

Post your pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006 11:25:42 AM »

Yippeeee! firehead4 sent me a virtual cornucopia of neat stuff!!! She CLAIMS to be a newbie at Craftster swaps, but the results had wonderfully veteran touches....

like this cool vintage-painted clipboard with the Lucille Ball quote inscribed around its perimeter ("Once in his life every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead")  I can always use another clipboard (the one my husband gave me with a diagram of the digestive tract can be a little gruesome for tender spirits- Note to self: "Ditch digestive tract clipboard!") The silk-flowered and beribboned pincher clasp is a work of art in itself:

But this WONDERFUL wooden tray blew me away! It's a decoupaged  map with my hometown circled and the message, "It is estimated that only 2% of the US population are natural redheads. Julie-O is one of them." Its rich sienna hues make the colors so redhead friendly...

And she even inscribed over her animal print sides of the tray, the Texas mantra with a direct redhead application ("Don't mess with Texas.........or a Redhead!") I found myself wondering how her Great Lakes based self nailed my shy and retiring personality so accurately!!!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

firehead4 also tucked in a painted redhead's portrait!!! She has blue eyes just like me!!! (unfortunately. the resemblance begins to slide at this point- the painting is lovely...maybe it's firehead's self portrait!!!!) Anyhow, I love it!  Am a bit hesitant to chew the Big Red gum, though... will probably gather all the family together and have a Chew-In !  Wink

This swap was wonderfully fun, and if you know any redheads, you know that a lot of their personalities were shaped by growing up with such a non-ignorable physical difference, and that they share a common experience just because of that peculiar unique-ness. I bonded immediately with firehead despite our generational gap and our geographic gap, just because of our common "Redness on the Head-ness". Here's a close-up of the shrinky-dink charm she enclosed...let me see..how can I use it the best?. This also shows a close-up of the lovely center medallion on the clipboard.

Now, tell me.... don't I have best swap partner ever?!?!?!
Love you, firehead!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012 02:30:39 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006 01:18:43 PM »

*blushing*
No, 'tis I that has the BEST swap partner--JULIE-O!!!!
Look what she made for me!!!
Here's a shot of all the goodies together...

Look at this AMAZING altered book, cut in the shape of a house, aptly titled, "House of Red"

The insides are so gorgeous, with every delicious complementary color a redhead could ever want...includes historical information, facts, quotes and space for me to add my own stuff! So beautifully done!

The carrot apron is a hoot!  So clever!

...and can you believe ALL of these gorgeous redhead charms?!!!! Not only that, but it's reversible with more fabulous pictures on the back?! Where did you find all this great redhead clip art, Julie-O?!

I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to swappin' or a better swap partner!
Thank You so much, Julie-O---I LOVE it all!
Whoever gets her as their next swap partner is LUCKY!!!

p.s. The redhead that I painted is not me, and she was supposed to have a flower in her hair, but I guess it fell off---i think i saw it in the corner of the tray in the picture Undecided
p.p.s. Julie, the shrinky-dink keychain is a little inside joke to you---a nod to what we discussed as our biggest swap fear... Wink
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012 02:30:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
McJulie-O
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006 04:02:56 PM »

AHA! I WONDERED where that loose flower was supposed to go! I looked ALL over for a telltale glue spot, but NOW I have an better idea of what's what. As to the shrinky, shame SHAME!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy LOL!

Hope you got my e-mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedBetty
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006 09:13:50 AM »

HOLY COW! I am also a proud redhead, so naturally I HAD to take a peek at your swap gallery. WOW. You all are amazing - the clipboard could not possibly be cuter, and the apron is just hilarious. Color me not only red, but impressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimmorg
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006 06:59:42 PM »

i took pics of the things i made for classylassy...and i wanna post em sooo bad...but i can't!  argh!  i'm so anxious to see if she likes em or not...but anyway...it was fun to see what else you guys did for your swap...great job you two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006 10:24:06 PM »

so where are the rest of the swappers pics?! Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
McJulie-O
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006 10:34:26 PM »

Patience, young grasshopper.  Wink
Not everybody keeps their digital cameras charged and ready to go like we do....sometimes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimmorg
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006 11:04:51 PM »

yeah...i'm still waiting on my stuff...i know classylassy is on spring break...so, i don't know if she got around to sending it...i have all my pics tho...i wanna show my stuff off sooo bad...hahaha...man, i'm sooo freakin impatient....this is the hardest thing ever to wait on!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
red_willow
the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006 01:58:55 PM »

Here is what I made for beckstraordinary
a hat, a dropstitch scarf, 6 notecards, and a covered sketch book:

Yeah red heads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog for more fo's and uf's!: http://wildthingsknits.blogspot.com/

Come visit my store: http://theredwillow.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Money as a Stand Up Artists
Women in Comedy
The Importance Of Delivery in Comedy
Appearing on Television as a Comedian
Learn About the Comedy Club Host
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...