A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 307,992
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Fabric Swap  (Read 72270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PurpleHeather
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2006 11:51:22 PM »

Kristen81, could you please post a larger pic of #11 ? I think I might want to claim that, but I can't really tell. Since my mind is set on metric.. what is exacty 15"x60"? a half yard? :-p Oh, and what do you mean by suiting? Is it cotton, wool or poly?
Thanks!!!! mata

Accordng to the wondrous google, 15 inches = 38 cm and 60 inches = 150 cm, I.e. a standard long roll full width.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mata
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2006 12:47:10 AM »

ok! so now all i need to know is if it's cotton, wool, or something else, and a more detailed pic :-)
I was just checking out www.fabrictales.com and I think I'll have to order something... although just yesterday I made another order from www.fabric.com :-p With the excuse that I can't go shopping cause I have to study, I end up shopping online.. hehe  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2006 02:20:06 AM »

Floral one, cotton pillowcase

I didn't realise pillowcases were acceptable!  I'll potter through my pillowcase stack tonight some time and update my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2006 03:15:36 AM »

Kristen81, could you please post a larger pic of #11 ? I think I might want to claim that, but I can't really tell. Since my mind is set on metric.. what is exacty 15"x60"? a half yard? :-p Oh, and what do you mean by suiting? Is it cotton, wool or poly?
Thanks!!!! mata

well I know a half yard is 18'' XD i.e. 47cm.
Full width quilters cotton is 44'' i.e. 110cm.
so an FQ is half the width and half a yard, for quilters cotton that's 18''x22'' i.e. 47cm x 55cm

and HERE's the convertor I tend to use between metric and whatchamacallit
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
PurpleHeather
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2006 03:42:40 AM »

well I know a half yard is 18'' XD i.e. 47cm.
Full width quilters cotton is 44'' i.e. 110cm.
so an FQ is half the width and half a yard, for quilters cotton that's 18''x22'' i.e. 47cm x 55cm

and HERE's the convertor I tend to use between metric and whatchamacallit
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

*nods*  Keying something like '18 inch in centimetre' into google will also pop out a result directly.  It does most things that a calculator does, as well as conversions - you just need to make sure you don't pluralise the units i.e. metre as opposed to metres.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2006 05:02:07 AM »

Whenever I get to pick again (soon I hope!) can I offer up a clean pair of jeans as a FQ choice?

I didn't realise pillowcases were acceptable!  I'll potter through my pillowcase stack tonight some time and update my list.

I'm alright with that, as long as you're able to offer an equivalent of a FQ or 1/2 yard piece from that pillowcase Smiley  Be sure to state clearly that the fabric piece will come from a pillowcase.  Some folks would consider that vintage material, and then there are folks who would not like to receive fabric pieces that are 'repurposed'.  If you plan on offering vintage material, please make sure that the fabric is clean before sending it to your partner! 

Same response to the question about 'clean jeans as FQ'. 

Having said that, please do not offer vintage pieces as your only fabric options for claim!  When you're posting fabric choices, try to offer a variety of fabric selections (vintage, new, cottons, flannels, polyester blends, silks, etc.).  If the swap idles for a day or so, the last person who posted should add to the list of fabrics they are offering.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006 05:20:18 AM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2016
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2006 05:38:36 AM »

NOTE: The following edit has been added to the first post of this swap (after Rule #7).

Edit:  There have been questions about what types of fabrics are acceptable.  I have posted a comment here.  There is really no hard or fast rule for this.  Some people like vintage fabric, and others don't.  It would be easy enough to make the rule that all fabric pieces have to be NEW.  I won't do that.  Instead, I ask that all swap participants be considerate and offer fabric selections that others would want to claim.  Make sure that you're offering a variety (i.e. not ALL vintage pieces).  Another good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you're offering a piece of fabric to "simply get rid of it", it's probably not a good thing!!  Similarly, if you're looking to trade junk for treasure, that's not a good thing either!!  Like I've mentioned before, it's common sense...really.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006 05:46:45 AM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2016
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2006 05:58:27 AM »

Oo, I guess I gotta add more fabrics... however most of my fabric is vintage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2006 06:03:57 AM »

Oo, I guess I gotta add more fabrics... however most of my fabric is vintage.

Haha...I believe Kristen81's stash is up for grabs Smiley  You've got time.  BTW, did you get that Strawberry Nesquik Syrup?  I had it for breakfast this morning, and I remembered our banter about soymilk and syrups Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2016
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2006 06:09:56 AM »

Haha no.. not yet. Probably better for me too! Not thinking about it too much, maybe I won't want it too much... must stick with fruit smoothines (no cramps at swim!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...