A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Fabric Swap  (Read 49783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ilovepaper
« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2006 10:57:42 AM »

Just received my fabric from Yirq!
LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2006 11:51:01 AM »

I've just sent my PM to join.. I'm so excited! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2006 12:37:20 PM »

You know what I realised today about this swap and fabric hoarding in general... while I was talking to my boyfriend... well I realised, that fabric hoarding means you gather all this nifty fabric, and that's fine because you use a lot of fabric and there will always be projects in the future that needs fabric. But almost every time you DO get into a project, you will still buy specific fabrics - sometimes because you don't have exactly the right kind at home, but a lot of times it's that you can't use the fancy fabric because another project may come up in the future which would be more worthy. (i.e. you can't just use fabric, that's silly)
And so the fabric remains unused in our storages, waiting for the perfect project. (until we reluctantly let go of them in this swap, only for the promise of other things to hoard which are even more worthy Grin )

If only I'd studied psycology instead of computeristics, I'd write my thesis on hoarding. Smiley You'd all be my test subjects! Mwuhahaha...
*didn't get much sleep last night*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
verycrafty
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2006 12:48:15 PM »

You know what I realised today about this swap and fabric hoarding in general... while I was talking to my boyfriend... well I realised, that fabric hoarding means you gather all this nifty fabric, and that's fine because you use a lot of fabric and there will always be projects in the future that needs fabric. But almost every time you DO get into a project, you will still buy specific fabrics - sometimes because you don't have exactly the right kind at home, but a lot of times it's that you can't use the fancy fabric because another project may come up in the future which would be more worthy. (i.e. you can't just use fabric, that's silly)
And so the fabric remains unused in our storages, waiting for the perfect project. (until we reluctantly let go of them in this swap, only for the promise of other things to hoard which are even more worthy Grin )

If only I'd studied psycology instead of computeristics, I'd write my thesis on hoarding. Smiley You'd all be my test subjects! Mwuhahaha...

I sort of get what you are saying. I do this with yarn a lot. I buy it because it is pretty. Then when I need yarn for a project, I can't use anything in my stash because it is either the wrong color or I don't have enought of it or whatever. Why do I have this need for more and more yarn and fabric Huh Why?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffysam
i love whales.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2006 12:55:14 PM »

YES! Some fabric is just too great for whatever you think of, and you don't want to use it or mess it up! It stinks sometimes.. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2006 01:20:26 PM »

Quote from: verycrafty link=topic=87438.msg839373#msg839373

I sort of get what you are saying. I do this with yarn a lot. I buy it because it is pretty. Then when I need yarn for a project, I can't use anything in my stash because it is either the wrong color or I don't have enought of it or whatever. Why do I have this need for more and more yarn and fabric Huh Why?

You've pretty much described my yarn and fabric stash Tongue  About a month ago, I tried to organize my craft room and was appalled to realize that:

1.  My yarn stash just about rivals my fabric stash (and I just picked up knitting last summer...)
2.  I found yarn and fabric that I never knew I had Tongue
3.  I needed to buy more plastic totes to hold the yarn and fabric that was being neglected (i.e. left in their original shopping bags with receipts and all)
4.  I only had 2 knitting WIP and 1 sewing WIP projects, which led me to wonder why oh why am I building this stash?!??

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2006 01:21:25 PM »

I've just sent my PM to join.. I'm so excited! Cheesy

Just so you know...you're on the list Wink  Happy swapping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
fluffysam
i love whales.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2006 01:26:31 PM »

Yay thanks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2006 01:27:03 PM »

2.  I found yarn and fabric that I never knew I had Tongue

When I started talking to my boyfriend about this topic, I'd just found a scrap from a fabric which I know I have not used nor given away... and I can't find it. It's LOST in my stash. I tried going through every place I can imagine having put it. And it's not like I live in such a big appartment, or would even have had it travel to the bedroom or the kitchen or the bathroom (which makes up more than 1/2 of the entire space avalible)
It was this lovely little FQ. I'm thinking a predator half-yard fabric ate it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
PurpleHeather
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2006 01:45:51 PM »

*nods*  Which is why this swap is a good thing - I've swapped for fabrics that i already had a project in mind for, meaning that I get to reduce my stash, and have the right fabric at home Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joseph Maroon Talk About Resveratrol Evidence
Susan Isaacs Talks About As Husbands Go
Narine Nikogosian Offers Hints to Stop Aging
Meet Dr. Jim Loehr
Jeri Smith-Ready Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...