A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needlefelted teddy bear faces  (Read 2650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mousewrites
« on: March 28, 2006 01:33:34 PM »

Hi. I'm new. My name is Mouse. This is my first post, so I apologize for any code/board faux pax.

I'm glad there's a felting board; while I mostly knit and spin, I do enjoy the felting.

Here's a few pictures of my latest creations, two sewn teddybears with needle felted faces. Ok, one's a teddybear, one's a dinosaur. In fact, as I was working on the dinosaur, I realized that I was making a Rodneysaur (http://www.rivatar.com/aa/atlantis/rodneysaur.htm)

If his friend is a rodneysaur, than that must make Blue Bear a Johnbear. (both characters from the amusing but terrible sci-fi show Stargate: Atlantis. Don't ge me wrong, I adore the show, it's just not... very good. )

And in the first picture I think he kinda looks like john... minus the wacky hair, of course. But his cheek fur is wild, trust me.

So, here's the only photos I have so far of Rodneysaur and Johnbear. Enjoy. Questions on how they are constructed are welcome.

The rest of my crafting stuff can be found on my blog, www.mousetales.blogspot.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006 01:41:34 PM »

They are so cute, mousewrites! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
goatgoddess
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006 01:43:14 PM »

Wow those are great - love the faces - I haven't watched Stargate: Atlantis - I wasn't happy over that show taking over the farscape spot  Roll Eyes

But now that Stargate: Atlantis has a couple of the farscape people on their show and a cute Rodneysaur I might have to watch it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mousewrites
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006 01:50:38 PM »

Wow those are great - love the faces - I haven't watched Stargate: Atlantis - I wasn't happy over that show taking over the farscape spot  Roll Eyes

But now that Stargate: Atlantis has a couple of the farscape people on their show and a cute Rodneysaur I might have to watch it.  Cheesy

I think the orginal Stargate took the farscape slot... and it has ben brouder and claudia black on it. SGA has nobody (except mitch peleggi of x-files fame) and is MUCH less serious than sg-1. I know at least one more person who won't watch it because it's not farscape.

Although, if i've pimped you into watchin SGA I get a toster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006 01:54:38 PM »

aww so cute!! the teddy bear is the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006 02:53:21 PM »

Great needle work!  Both are very cute.  There seems to be no end to the variety of ways one can employ needle felting.  Your idea of using it to enhance the faces is marvelous.  Well done.

Also welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
goatgoddess
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006 08:06:48 PM »

I think the orginal Stargate took the farscape slot... and it has ben brouder and claudia black on it. SGA has nobody (except mitch peleggi of x-files fame) and is MUCH less serious than sg-1. I know at least one more person who won't watch it because it's not farscape.

Although, if i've pimped you into watchin SGA I get a toster.

You are correct - that is how out of touch I am <G>
I was a huge Sci Fi channel fan till they took off farscape - I will watch Tipping the Rife <sp?> when I think about it.
Might have to give it a try (stargate and sga - I'll let ya know - you at least got me wondering about it  Grin
And HGTV just isn't the same anymore (too much house hunters) Which is ok once in a while but not several times a week  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006 08:09:09 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mousewrites
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006 09:44:06 AM »

I was a huge Sci Fi channel fan till they took off farscape - I will watch Tipping the Rife <sp?> when I think about it.
Might have to give it a try (stargate and sga - I'll let ya know - you at least got me wondering about it  Grin
And HGTV just isn't the same anymore (too much house hunters) Which is ok once in a while but not several times a week  Undecided

Let me know if you like it. it's a silly show. 

Househunters? Meh. No love. I mean, it's boring enough to hunt a house for you, let alone watch other people do it. Next on HGTV: Grocery Shopping Xtream!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
porfiry

Freedom! Forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006 12:36:49 PM »

I love the dinosaur!!!!  He looks kind of sad and I just want to give him a big hug!   Cheesy

Nice work, both guys have such great expressions/facial detail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
goatgoddess
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006 12:46:30 PM »

Let me know if you like it. it's a silly show. 

Househunters? Meh. No love. I mean, it's boring enough to hunt a house for you, let alone watch other people do it. Next on HGTV: Grocery Shopping Xtream!

Will do - silly is ok - <g> 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Long Hairstyles for Fall 2010
How to Update a Side Braid Hairstyle
How to Get Christina Hendricks’s Emmys Hairstyle
Trendy Hairstyles for Kids
Hair Straightening Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...