A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: APRIL Birthday Month Swap --Sign ups CLOSED  (Read 6110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006 04:26:03 PM »

Hi!  I'm Debbie, and I'm from Chicago.  I turned 25 on April 4th.  A quarter of a century.  I don't mind, though!  My birthday kind of sucked because i was sick all day, and had to work the next, so I really could use a crafty pick-me-up!   Cheesy  I love Star Wars, LOTR, Bollywood, and Jane Austen.  I'm trying to learn Danish with the hopes that I will be living in Denmark, one day.  My favorite colors are blue, brown, and green.  I don't like pink, purple yellow, and the look of crocheted and/or felted things.  But I don't mind things that are made out of felt (yeah, I'm a hypocrate, or something! Grin)  I know how to knit, sew, decoupage, make jewelry, etc, etc, so I love crafting supplies.  I don't smoke and I'm allergic to cats.  I would  love to recieve:

*  Tree crafts
*  Gnome crafts
*  Moose crafts
Heart crafts
*  Pirate crafts
*  Coffee crafts
*  70's style crafts
*  a mix cd
*  fun flip books (I love flip books!)
*  Jewelry  (though, if you make earrings, make sure you use real silver or gold bases.  I'm allergic to nickle!)
*  Plushies
dirrections for making a hobo bag.  I have all this fabric I love, but I hate all of the patterns I've found!    Cry
*  cuted up standard sized pillow cases Wink
*  a fun new hoodie or t-shirt  (I'm guys size large in hoodies and t-shirts.)
*  a steering wheel cover
*  anything altered art that follows one of my themes.
*  and a suprise!!!
   thank you, thank you, thank you to anyone who crafts for me!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006 11:15:27 PM by Knit_core » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
jane feebles
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006 12:05:59 AM »

Happy Birthday everyone!

I'm turning 28 on the 22nd of April.  Apparently it's my Saturn Return year where I decide who I am, where I'm going and generally sort myslef out.  I need some sorting, that's for sure! I live in Australia.

I like retro/kitchy stuff, 50's design, especially tiki (hawaiin, flamingoes, pineapples etc). I'm into bright colours, especially red and yellow.  I'm not very 'girly'.  I like food, hip-hop, knitting and tea. (what a bizarre list.  Anyhoo)  Anything with a sense of humour or that's a bit unexpected is cool

I would like a...

-Slouchy bag with one big strap with a mushroom on it

-Needle/hook roll for my knitting and crocheting Thank you!!!

-Stuffed, knitted, crocheted, whatever, FOOD!  I love stuff that looks like food  Smiley THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

-A bag that looks like a teapot, teacup or kitchen appliance

-Sock Monkeys and Monsters rock!

-A reconned hoody (L) would be cool. Any of the themes listed above

-A spotty top

-Surprise me. Go crazy.

-and a pony, and a malibu barbie, and a dollhouse, and a....

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006 01:32:08 AM by jane feebles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006 10:59:25 AM »

could everyone please take a look at the 1st page and let me know if i forgot to mark someone you have picked. or if it shows you have been picked and you havent recieved a pm from me about what wish was picked please let me know. or if i havent sent you an address you need. With craftster being down i kinda lost my place in who i already PM'd. I think I am all caught up now.
i also wanted to say how happy i am to see so many of you crafting for each other. hopefully everyone can recieve a little something. Wink
thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
fiesty

Snarky Princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006 04:21:18 PM »

Happy Birthday y'all! My name is Sarah, I'm 22, turning 23 on tomorrow! (4/9/83) I've been sort of bummed about getting another year older but when I saw this swap I cheered right up.  Grin  I sometimes feel like I still ought to be 16 or 17. My favorite colors from most fave on down are purple, baby blue, white, pink, red.  I'm really cutesy girly a lot of the time but not always. Some themes to run with are lions, tigers, old skool Nintendo Mario Brothers, cupcakes, flamingos and florida, stars, trees, cars and racing (like import racing, NOT nascar), miss piggy, I'm into all sorts of stuff, lets see:

- I would love a tee shirt,  or spaghetti strap tank top with a pic of a trailer and/or the words "Trailer Trash Princess" or "White Trash Princess" or something along those lines. The shirt would need to be medium-ish. (Bust is 36 inches if that helps)  Low cut is okay since it goes with the theme, heh.
- Any other type of cute tee shirt that goes with my interests.
- one of these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68759.0 condom holders b/c that is just too cool for words and I can't figure out how to make it. Maybe someone else can? I'd like it to be a different theme though, I'm not really into anime.  Maybe beach/mermaid since it would be in my bedroom. Or maybe just in a favorite color or two? I don't care I just want one soooo bad.
- Embroidered or stamped kitchen towels. My kitchen has a mexico, chickens and roosters, vintage kitsch theme going. Its yellow and red.
- a beware of cats sign that I could hang on my front door. I have 4 kittys that are wonderful wacky furry children.
-  Earrings or a bracelet(s). I like sparkly, jingly, girly girl stuff, some of my best and most often worn and fave jewelry comes from the dollar store b/c they always have such awesome sparklys. I would also like "different" earrings, such as some made from little plastic toys or tiny origami cranes. I like charm bracelets a lot.
- mermaid something or other (my bedroom is beach themed, relaxing beach, not tropical really. Seashells, beige sand colors and light blue walls)
- a make up case. My old one has officially bitten the dust. I carry a lot of make up with me though. Something big enough for my powder compact/3 eyeshadows/2 lipglosses/2 eyeliners/mascara/foundation/eyeliner sharperner to fit in.
- Picture frames of any type decorated with an asian theme for my living room
- My hair is getting crazy long, a pair (for pig tails) of cute hair elastics
- Some sort of recipe keeper? I'm getting into cooking and keep printing out recipes or clipping them from magazines but I don't have anything to keep them in. Like a journal or a recipe box? You can even send a recipe or 2, just as long as they are simple, hehe. 

Here is the link to my livejournal info page if it helps, it lists 150 interests:
http://lilsayermonster.livejournal.com/profile
Wow, this was tough to come up with. Its been over an hour, lol.

Thank you thank you in advance!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 08, 2006 04:35:03 PM by fiesty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2006 04:13:58 PM »

i redid the list of who owes what and who is waiting for wishes. please take a look at the 1st page and let me know if there are any mistakes. this is what i will use to give feedback for this swap. If you are waiting on a wish then you should have whatever is in parentheses crossed off from your list (unless you would like to receive more than one.) thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
felly
19th October's the B.dae

the felly to the ellly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006 06:49:07 PM »

i redid the list of who owes what and who is waiting for wishes. please take a look at the 1st page and let me know if there are any mistakes. this is what i will use to give feedback for this swap. If you are waiting on a wish then you should have whatever is in parentheses crossed off from your list (unless you would like to receive more than one.) thanks everyone!

I am pretty confused here.. just checking.. i can craft for anyone that has a birthday in April right? anyone's that's on the list? do i choose from the list of "approved for receiving" and i do not have to do any other things like craft for someone else, if i choose to fulfil someone's wish?

thanks! Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeLLy BeLLy MeLLy JeLLy KeLLy TeLLy *heart* Crafty

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/felly
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006 12:12:31 AM »

I am pretty confused here.. just checking.. i can craft for anyone that has a birthday in April right? anyone's that's on the list? do i choose from the list of "approved for receiving" and i do not have to do any other things like craft for someone else, if i choose to fulfil someone's wish?

thanks! Huh

Yes. You can craft for anyone who has posted a list here. Just scroll through them and find someone you would like to craft for. send me a PM to let me know who you pick and for what wish. You don't have to do anything else. Just get their package to them within 2 weeks. All of the "approved for recieving" list is to let everyone know who's recieving and for me to keep track of everything. That list has the names of everyone who has a list. If your bday isnt in april but you would like to send a wish to someone your name would go in the "Approved to send only" because you arent posting a bday list. does this make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L2daD
PG mo fo

Mutha Suka

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006 11:37:51 PM »

Hello.

Heres my list:

*I need a cozy for my Ipod mini

*recon shirts (med)

*stenciled tees (med)

*lunch bag (reuseable for work)

*earrings (anything you think is cool or pretty)

*I nearly forgot, anything that has to do with toilets

* surprise!

My name is Lauren. I turned 24 on the 17th. I love all gaudy. I am going on a 3 week road trip with my friend cross country in May and could use anything to carry my stuff in. I live just outside DC. I love old school punk/HC. I love old school tattoos. I love mermaids, pin-ups and your run of the mill tattoo cliche symbol. I am an animal control officer in DC and love all animals (of course dogs, cats but also opossums, raccoons, pigeons and such). I would probably love poop in a bag as long as someone made it especially for me. I think thats everything. I guess if I missed something and you have questions please feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006 12:04:23 AM by L2daD » THIS ROCKS   Logged

poop poop flush
mleak
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006 10:27:30 PM »

Whee!  I'm finally posting my list up here.  My birthday was actually the 3rd I turned 20 but this time of year is always so ridiculously busy, I never get to celebrate it!  Anyway, I would adore a late birthday present.  So... bio!  I grew up in Alaska, but I'm currently going to school in Pittsburgh.  I'm still sort of finding my style basically I'm trying to move away from utterly boring and plain.  I like a lot of different sorts of things, but I usually lean toward boho, retro, and vintage stuff.  I really don't go for super-girly things, but feminine is good, and I wouldn't say no to lace, ribbon, or ruffles.  I like rich and earthy colors greens, browns, blues, and I'm starting to wear small amounts of reds and oranges.  I don't mind brighter colors if they're part of a pattern, but I can't really handle pinks or oranges on their own.  I'm very thin and petite if you need measurements for something, just PM me!  Here's my list.  Thanks in advance!! Cheesy

1.  fun skirts.  I don't think I can really handle minis, but anything in the knee range (+ or - 6 inches or so) is always good.  Something longer would work too, maybe a neat tiered skirt?  Right now I have precious little I've only recently discovered the joys of skirts.

2.  warm-weather tops.  Coming from Alaska, I have far more sweaters than I have tanks and tees.  Next year I'm planning on spending a semester in Ecuador, so I'll have to remedy that!  I have a few very plain tanks, but I would love some more variety.  Maybe halter tops, or just something in a fun fabric, I don't know.  I'm pretty small chested, so nothing too low-cut, but emphasizing shoulders, collar bones, or back is all great.

3.  totes or messenger bags.  I am in need!  If it could also hold a laptop, that'd be amazing, but not necessary. 

4.  fun and funky jewelry.  I would love some fun earrings, necklaces (especially chokers) and bracelets.

5.  sewing supplies.  The nearest Joann's is way too far away, so I don't have much right now.  I would love any fun fabrics, ribbon, lace, buttons, zippers, d-rings, etc.  I'd also like anything with great reconstruction potential maybe a neat huge tee?

6.  tall stripey socks!

7. fun underwear.  All right.  So I'm sick of plain panties.  I'd still like them to be regular bottom-covering panties or boyshorts (no thongs please) but something a little more fun cool fabric, picture, applique, I dunno.  Cotton is a plus.

8.  neat beads, or other jewelry-making stuff.  Actually, I have a terribly low supply of silver eye/head pins.

9.  yarn, but I can't wear wool/mohair.

10.  fingerless gloves.  My joints ache when my hands get cold, so I've taken to wearing fingerless gloves and wristwarmers.

11.  something embroidered?  I do so many different kinds of crafts, but somehow I haven't gotten started embroidering yet, but I'd love something you've done.  I adore insects, spiders, reptiles, and amphibians, anything bizarre, anything crafty...hmm...I'm going through a bit of a bird phase...I dunno.  Anything!

12.  and lastly...a surprise!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006 10:34:15 PM by milkit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006 07:00:54 PM »

do we have a may one coming yet? yay for may babies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CADclip REVIT House Kit 2008
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Convert to Surface
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Animation Recording
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Motion Picture Tools
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Rotate
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...