A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: APRIL Birthday Month Swap --Sign ups CLOSED  (Read 5989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006 09:44:44 PM »

I'm turning 23 on April 30th.  I'm currently living in Iowa, but this coming July me, my boyfriend of seven years, and my kitty, Caliope, will be moving to Denver.  I pretty much work and craft.  I'm hoping for a bigger place so I can work on art and have actual storage space for my art and craft supplies.  I love going to my public library and picking up all sorts of books.  The most recent finds:   The mole people : life in the tunnels beneath New York City by Jennifer Toth[non-fiction],  I got a job and it wasn't that bad by Jim[comic],  The beaded garden : creating flowers with beads and thread by Diane Fitzgerald[craft], February 2006 issue of Real Simple [mag], and Cat People [DVD].  So it's pretty random as to what I come home with.

My Wishlist
*I love decoupaged boxesThankyouthankyou mystery gifter!
*Stenciled Medium ribbed tanktopsthey look like Fruit of Loom mens undertanks, but Ive seen these tanks out for women in fun colors
*fun belt
*hair ties/ small scrunchies
*a book to hold 4x9 pictures of the crafts I have made with room for descriptions and thought-processes
*kitty crinkle bag ---My kitty would luuuuv you! I know it's not for me personally, but it'd make me happy to see her happy.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57920.msg576150;topicseen#msg57610
*skirt made out of fun novelty print(s) 38" waist, about 24" long
*trucker hat with your own custom embellishment
*tiny ink stamps---  One inch or smaller.  I have a flamingo that I adoreThank you!  I love stamps!
*Felted Marsupial Tote--- from Stitch n Bitch Handbook in aqua and orange
*A Boo hat!!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=83372.0
*Stencilson tee-shirts size M-L (no white or black or red or pastel)--from the Jan 27th entry of: http://www.livejournal.com/users/irid3sc3nt
Haruko--portrait print, 7 or 8 inches tall on a brown t-shirt, the stencil in yellow
knitting needles--6x6 inches (along with) jab!--4x4 inches
Racing Girl--portrait print, 6 inches tall
Preying Mantis--landscape print, 6 inches long
Catgirl--portrait print, 5 inches tall (along with) scientific cat scratch--landscape print, 3 inches long
*Send me a surprise! Oooh!  What could it be?
I'm creating a wists list, too, so you can check that and my livejournal for more info.  Or just PM me!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006 07:22:50 AM by irid3sc3nt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
RockinRobyn
Avid Reader

Oh You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006 12:19:01 PM »

Hi! My name is Robyn and my 21st bday was yesterday, April 1st! I am graduating this year with my BA in theatre and going on for my MA in special education. I like pink, white, black, brown, and beige. I like stuff that is sophisticated/modern, plain but pretty! I also love anything made with retro/vintage fabric! I would love the following:

- a hat like this: http://islandsurf.com/images/products/large/851152_houndstooth_LG.jpg preferably in black
- a scarf you knit/crocheted thanks!
-THIS HAT!!!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=8300.0 in one of my fave colors THANKS!
- a bag like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32972.0
- a bag like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0

- most anything knit or crocheted, i love it but I dont know how to do it!
- a surprise!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2006 02:15:16 PM by RobynLisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaliji
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006 01:03:19 PM »

About me:
Hi! My name is Lara and I'm turning 18 on the 22nd.  I'm obsessed with color (especially orange), movies, vintage clothing, chocolate, and earrings (I have about thirty pairs of hand carved and painted animal ones).  My profile has a link to my myspace for more specifics.  Happy birthday everyone!
*painted or stenciled tote bag
*funky or kitschy earrings
*a cute wristlet pouch
*felt art
*anything knitting or crochet related (I really want to learn how to crochet)
*a little amigurumi
*beaded things
*jewelry
*art like atcs*thank you!*, altoid shrines, or whatever you make
*anything for drawing like a sketchbook or paper for using charcoal or chalk pastels
*anything anais nin, frida kahlo, salvador dali, bob dylan, boondocks, snow white, virgen de guadalupe, gilmore girls, tigers, sushi
*a surprise Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 07:38:23 PM by kaliji » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006 11:02:07 AM »

Hi! I'm Ashley (April. My mom wanted my middle name to match i guess?), and I'll be 20 on April 30th (i see a couple more of you!). I'm going to cosmetology school to be a hairdresser, and I love it. I like movies and music a whole lot. My style varies. Vintage, classic, old fashioned, pretty, girlie, hippie, trendy. I like what i like. Smiley I like all colors, really, but my favorites are red, blues, purple, pink, turquiose, and neutrals. I have a myspace, livejournal and wist if you want to know more about me. Plus, you can post stalk me. Smiley Happy birthday everyone!

-Anything related to hair/hairstyling.
-slippers. just something i can slip on and wear around the house. thank you!!
-something with an old movie theme to it. think black and white romance.
-stenciled shirt with something pretty, cute or witty. xl women, m men.
-recon flats. size 10.
-polymer or fimo diy kit. nothing big, just so i can make a few things. Smiley
-handspun yarn
-purse. any thing i can use on a regular basis. something with a couple pockets and some kind of closure on top in neutral or red. and sturdy.
-fabric. anything will do. i'm low on my stash. my favorite style is alexander henry.
-a sewn ipod mini case i can keep on it all the time. something with a screen window, and either a wheel hole, or thin enough fabric to turn through it.
-cd earrings. like the necklace pieces on here, but in earring form. or just broken up pieces so i can make my own.
-book binding kit. i want to make my own Smiley
-A SURPRISE! i love surprises! thank you!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006 12:23:26 PM by Morning Star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006 12:18:22 PM »

Hi! My name is Laural and I will be 24 on April 8th.
I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I'm a Gryffindor. I love - the color red, everything written by Marian Keyes, Yarn, Cross stitch stuff, pins, funny/odd entertainment things. I cross stitch, knit, sew, crochet, paint... I can't stencil which makes me sad. Also worth noting due to the high volume of us I also live in Indiana. I love everything handcrafted!

My Birthday Wishlist:

* Something HP related

* Pin back buttons, I only have about 5 and only 1 is appropriate for me to stick on my bag that I take to work Thank You!

* A messenger type tote that has an across the body strap. It will be forever before I get to make one for myself and I really need one.

* Some cool desk area stuff.

* A keyboard placemat. I just made this up but in my imagination it is like a regular table placemat but like 8in x 20in so that my keyboard will stop sliding on my desk.

* Yarn, regular/dyed/kool-aid dyed whatever any is awesome I love it!

* Learn to Quill kit, the stuff with the long super skinny strips of paper. I've always been fascinated

* A crochet/knitted handgrenade. We really need one around this office sometimes. Oooh or a voodoo dolly. Thank you so much!!!

* Wall art, my walls are sadly lacking in pictures because I don't have very much. If you like nascar or hotwheels my sons room is in a race car theme and could use some coolness or curtains.

* Pillowcases. I don't have two that match.

* A Surprise! I love them!

Thank you in advance for anything you make me, know that I will truly love it!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006 03:15:26 PM by Laural » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006 02:00:41 PM »

the longer the better?! oh good! Cheesy I'll try make it extra long so theres a huge selection for everyeone.

1.Earrings. They have to have a special clasp - I haev stretched ears. So basically, the clasp has to have a large circle, then hook to the front. I f you don't get it just ask..lol. Its not really that complicated.
2.Anything Alexisonfire - my favourite! Braclets, tshirts, bags, you name it! Anything.
3.Some kind of wallet. I lost my last one. : (
4.Something knitted. I can't knit Sad Maybe a scarf. Preferably synthetic.
5.Flannel Scrunchies
6.Stretchy polka dot fabric. black and white, anything!
7.A tote with something against animal cruelty on it
8.A tinafish hobo bag
9.A dino hoodie or just the dinos horns to put on my own.
10.Something that looks like a crafterbynite shrug. I'm trying to make one now, and boy, I've failed at sleeves 4 times.
11.Mittens
12.Lipgloss. Mmmm...Lemonade, carmel, watermelon, chocolate, honey, yum.
13.A tutu!
14.DIY Soap kit. I wanna learn so bad, I just don't even know where to begin!
15.Sugar Scrub
16.Panties! I love boycut ones, and I'm a size medium in kids, ors xs in women.
17.A pencil box, but fabric. Pencil..bag? I need something for my pencilcrayons to go in.
18.Atomical heart embroidered black bag.
19.Leg warmers!! Cheesy
20.A bag shaped like this: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/15204heart_swap_bag.jpg sorry, there was no more pictures. I love the shape though.
21.A flannel neck thing - you know - they have oatmeal or rice in them? I'd love that. Vanilla scented maybe?
22.Pillow cases, just standard size.
23.EDIT: And of course a surprise!
I'm Amy! I turn 16 on the 11th. I like basically any colors, especially the bright ones. Stripes, polkadots, sqiggles, and basically any pattern I like. I don't like skulls, or anything that is "stereotypically" punk rock. My chest measurements are 36, hips are 32, and waist is 24. I like long shirts, and I get cold easily. This is my second swap, and I'm looking forward to fufilling some wishes! I'm from canada and I LOVE animals. I'm pretty flexible with what I like, and I love anything that someone has actually put time into me for because my family is so not-crafty and tends not to appreciate those things so much. I love pockets. I I'm so excited for this swap, and a major thank you in advance to anyone who crafts for me Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006 08:59:34 PM by Lostlipgloss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
amerigirl05
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006 12:19:50 AM »

-anything with vintage pin ups
-pendants. I seem to be collecting them. Polymer clay, metal, glass, found objects, etc.
-a mouse pad. Mine is terribly ugly.
-I love bath stuff. Like soaps, lip balm, solid perfume, that kind of thing. Things that smell nice.
-Jewelry. I make beaded jewelry but can always use more!
-A felted wallet or purse or..?
-I like sparkly things! Like glittery altoid tins, sequined hats, ANYTHING silver.
-A handmade skirt. I will learn to sew, but not yet.
-I'm a reborn runner, so running-related things will undoubtedly bring me joy.
-handmade journal. Ooooh.
-a BELT. This is the one thing that I actually need.
-Anything that makes me feel like 24 is the best age EVER.

Hi, I'm Rachel ("hi, Rachel"). I will be 24 on April 5. I'm engaged. My fiancee and I live in a small town with our wonderful puppy. I like color, sparkly things, good smelling things and anything original. I'm a writer, kind of, which is my artistic side, I guess. I live in Oregon but sadly not in Portland (oh how I long for the crafty community that Portlanders revel in!). But I'm a rural girl at heart, so maybe it's destiny. Did anyone else find this bio harder to write than they thought?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 10:16:55 PM by amerigirl05 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jehnaier
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006 12:58:02 AM »

My name's Rachel too. I live in Australia. I like random things, childish things, horses, pirates, anime, manga. I knit and draw. I like being creative. I'm turning 16 on April 21.
Ok, now for my wishes.

-A messenger bag. If I got one of these I would be so happy (and I would love the maker). Preferably one that will fit lots of stuff in it, with lots of pockets. An adjustable strap would be great, because I like bags to hang low. This one is perfect http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38587.0 Maybe in blues and black.

-A cheerup/care pacakge. Put things that cheer you up and make you smile in it. (things have been getting to me a little, lately) Thankyou so much!

-Mix CD's with your favourite music or music you craft to on them. Only, no rap, r'n'b, hip hop or anything like that.

-A stuffed toy!

-A decent wallet. Thankyou so much!

-A pencil case, any colour/style. Thankyou!!!

-A kit that'll teach me your craft. Anything but knitting, I can already do that.

-Art. Any kind or style. On paper, preferably, so I can stick it on my wall.

-Oooh, a custom My Little Pony. Something to do with your personality, or what you like.

-Yarn.

-Of course, a suprise!

If you need to know anything else, feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006 06:49:33 PM by Jehnaier » THIS ROCKS   Logged
smartygirl

riding the angst train all the way to the f-word

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006 10:12:15 AM »

greetings! my birthday is on the 11th of april, and i'm turning 35... officially middle-aged according to the mary tyler moore show, i think. kind of a scary milestone! here's what i'd like to receive:

* some sort of good luck charm - i have had a "birthday curse" for years - really bad things happening right before my birthday - so i need all the help i can get!
* hair ties or barrettes or ponytail holders thank you pink dinosaur - you ROCK!
* jewellery, esp. chokers, or bracelets or earrings (not too heavy though)
* circle skirt! my waist is about 26", and 24" long is good
* something crocheted, like a scarf maybe, since i don't know how to crochet (well i know how in theory, it just doesn't work in practice)
* t-shirt size small or medium (depending on the brand)
* slippers for my big feet - size 9.5 or 10
* a wallet of some sort - i've had the same one for years, and it's starting to fall apart!
* some kind of nifty reusable durable lunch bag - if it was about 6.5" x 5" x 10" high or so, that would fit the tupperware containers i use for lunch perfectly! thank you!!!!!!!
* a surprise!

my main interests/obsessions are paris, pretending to be french, film (woody allen, billy wilder, peter greenaway, almodovar), reading (infinite jest, franny & zooey), writing, cooking, gardening, and crafting! i like the smiths and the decembrists and sufjan stevens and tango and edward gorey and milan kundera. i like grey and black and purple and red and blue and green. i don't like earth-tone colours like brown or orange at all.

hope that's all clear as mud, and thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006 05:50:31 PM by smartygirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006 10:03:21 AM »

GALLERY!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88486.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Social Network as an Actor
How to Stay in Character for an Audition
Watch This Instead Predators
How to Export Your Project in Premiere Pro CS5
How to Create a Custom Sequence in Premiere Pro CS5
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...