A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My photography! Portraits, weird, conceptual..Image heavy!  (Read 2599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iScreamedMyselfHoarse
Boldly screaming where no one has screamed before...

And Jesus, I'm ready to go home...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006 04:04:50 PM »

So I know it's been said but that first picture is AMAZING! That is what I wanted my senior pictures to look like, they came out pretty well, but more happy... anyway I love them your amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He wraps Himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide and trembles at His voice... How great is our God!

PM me if you would like to trade something knitted for a size 12-20 Built by Wendy sewing Pattern... never been used!
autopilotstar
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006 04:49:06 PM »

Beautiful... absolutely beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006 07:31:03 PM »

beautiful photos! the first one is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006 04:09:22 AM »

Very lovely, very lovely indeed  Grin  Deep, striking, and capturing... Smiley

Would you mind sharing what equipment you used?  Camera, lighting, etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
kitschkitty
Beading & forum addicted!

www.kitschkitty.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006 07:04:42 AM »

Ditto what everyone else has said!  Smiley

I hit this rocks - I think you are really talented in capturing the atmosphere, mood and emotion. They are very empathetic and intuitive pictures, you've really managed to capture feeling, which is hard to do.

You're sure to get a top grade with work like that - are you planning a career in photography/photographic art, if so what field do you hope to go in to?

Look forward to telling people we knew you before you were famous!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love to chat about beading come join us at www.uk-beaders.co.uk/forum.htm
Find hundreds of UK based bead suppliers and more at www.uk-beaders.co.uk

Kitty's Unique Boutique
Custom creations designed to delight   preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.kitschkitty.co.uk')
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006 09:21:48 AM »

Fellow photographer here- went to college for it & have been doing it for about 15 years now. Specializing in Creative Portraiture.
First two images are outstanding. The first one being my favorite. Id suggest you submit it to a magazine for publication. :-)
The tonality in the majority of the images are right on. The blacks are black and the white are white & there is detail in the shadow & in the highlights- and a great range of greys. They really "pop" The first image- the eyes pull you right in. Beautiful.
How does the teacher grade your prints?
When I was in college we had a critique for each project where we had to stand in front of the class and explain our piece- then the class had a chance for input and they critiqued our work-(good and bad aspects) along with the instructor.Our grade was based not only on the teachers opinions but the opinions of our peers on our work. This was a great chance for growth and to be able to hear the honest opinions of your peers can help you to take your work to the next level. Plus it was cool- if you got an "A" you knew you really earned it.
We also had 3 juried pieces, where not only did we have the class critique our work- but we had to present it in our auditorium, in front of the whole visual comminications dept(graphic design, mixed media, photography) and present our work to a panel of professionals and a department chair of the vis.comm dept while they critiqued our work in front of the whole gang of people with you standing there. Imagine American Idol standing in front of Simon,Paula and Randy after a performance. lol
Those were scary but once again a great chance for growth, because they are brutally honest.
Are you a member of a local camera club or photography club? If not Id really recommend joining. If your school doesn't have critiques and juries- the clubs usually do. Plus a great way to learn photography is also to surround oneself with those outside of school setting, who also love and know the craft and have been at it for years.
  Are you in for a degree in photography or just taking a few classes? If you are in for a degree/certificate, then where are you at in the program?
Were these shot digitally or with a manual? Have they been manipulated in Photoshop? How were they lit? What grades did you get on them? What was everyones favorite? I'm guessing the first. Cheesy What is your favorite & why?
If you want I can offer a couple other comments on some of them if you IM me.

Once again great job & keep up the good work!

Elphalba
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006 09:39:27 AM by Elphalba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006 09:27:22 AM »

Those are all really great, but as everyone else has said, the first one really blew me away!! Great work!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006 09:42:41 AM »

I wandered on over to deviantART to take a look at more  Smiley  Now, I am going through all of your pieces...thanks for making me stay at the computer for over an hour (so far!)  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
floggingmolly
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006 10:28:27 AM »

Wow, those are absolutely beautiful I adore the first picture; the eyes just jump out at you its great. I love your work you are amazing. How long have you been studying?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus saves, Gretzky scores. The workers slave, the rich get more, one wrong move and we risk the cup. so play the man, not the puck!
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006 10:35:11 AM »

Great work! Did you work with a make up artist? 

If you lived in the US I'd hire to take "family" photos!  I can't stand the typical family photos with everyone in jeans and white shirts or some such uniform!  Your photos are the type of photos I want in my house I just want to be in them!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Face Powder
How To Contour And Elongate Your Face and Nose
L*Space by Monica Wise Summer 2015 Miami Swim - Bkstg, Interviews & Runway
Double Dare: A Pale Lip Perfect for Darker Skin Tones
Double Dare: How to Master the Gold Eyebrow Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...