A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Unable to read format of file:"  (Read 2368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kelsorama

do you think the end of the world is coming...?

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2006 08:40:45 AM »

"Unable to read format of file: folder/filename/othercrapwords."
I keep getting this message when I'm trying to upload pictures.  I don't understand why this is happening because I am using the correct file format (JPEG) and the size is not too large.  What makes this even stranger (and much more frustrating) is that I've already uploaded another picture, which was of the same size and format. 
Help me. Please.  This is incredibly frustrating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave. I will work work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down.
kmsmaverick
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006 08:57:27 AM »

I wonder if it could be that the file name has characters in it that don't jive with html. rename the file using only small letters, and keep it shorter than 8 characters long, then the .jpg extention.      ie:     kms_swap.jpg

though these days pc's aren't so combative about long file names, that might be what's the problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelsorama

do you think the end of the world is coming...?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006 07:41:53 PM »

Unfortunately, I've tried renaming the file, resizing it, and even changing the format, but nothing seems to help.  I have enough space on my account, so I really can't think of what could be wrong. The message I get is this:

Unable to read the format of file: /home/craft/public_html/pictures/data/500/22434wallet.JPG 

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave. I will work work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down.
kmsmaverick
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006 05:31:01 AM »

hmmm hmmm. i'm no codeie, so i'm not so much help, but are you uploading the pics to this server or to another server with an account? when i first first started to post pics, i thought i had to put them in my yahoo photos, and that is when i had a bit of difficulty with the photo. i use the craftster hosting over there > now, i think's a tiny bit more user friendly than trying to link to my yahoo snaps. (oh god, all that html! eeek!)

i use a mac, so i have iphoto, but i think pc's must come with something like that too, right? when i import them, i can edit them very basically, and then attach them directly to an email. it gives me three choices, small medium and large. the small size are usually the perfect size for posting. so i email them to myself, save them to the desktop for a minute or two and while i upload to the craftster server.

It's a few extra steps, but i'm pretty good and quick at it now, and i seldom run into size issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjd
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006 11:38:26 PM »

I just encountered it.  Make sure to log into the photo section separately.  Even if it says you're logged in, log out & log in to the photo section itself before uploading new photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

あたまの上に下ぎがあります。

wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glittering Beauty Backstage at Chanel Fall 2013
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 Backstage Beauty with Pat McGrath
Backstage Beauty - Deborah Lippmann Mani Cam
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Get a Holiday Party Makeup Look in 10 Minutes
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Create an Indulgent Home Spa Experience
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...