A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Gallery!!!!!  (Read 31415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2006 02:34:41 PM »

I received my package today from highschoolcrafter!  I feel very lucky that everything made it, poor box was battered and bruised and half way open! I got a wonderful pillow made from an aloha shirt, Elvis hot pads which is really cool because I was just about to use alchemy on Etsy to get some cool hot pads made for me! A going postal mailbox to represent the frustrations I've had with the USPS, some wonderful recipes for the family and the doggies,and a very professional looking stencilled shirt that says "crafting keeps me sane"  some ocean themed wallies a shell and a little dog made from a small terra cotta pot, some magnets that say "cool beans!" (I say that alot...) and one for the doggies that says Mikey and Olio    Thank you, thank you thank you! I love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2006 06:04:02 PM »

note to self... invest in more durable tape
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mjadams
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2006 06:33:41 PM »

very cool highschoolcrafter! The pillow is such a cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2006 06:46:19 PM »

Yay! I loved this swap. I got home and found my package - I recognized Kim's name on the return address but I knew her as "mub", who sent me a cute Holiday ornament for that swap back in December - she sent a little stocking with a kitten applique.

Anyway, back to this swap! She stalked me so well I could have sworn she had known me all my life. Here's a picture of the stash she sent - fat eights of really cool Op Art fabric for my flower pins; some fun & fuzzy yarn (I have half used it already!) and an adorable sleep mask (I needed this, thanks to my late night workaholic musician spouse) - the mask has kitten fabric!

Not pictured is the mix CD she sent (I took it to work); the bag of roasted in shell peanuts (my kid & I plowed thru them for a late night snack last night) and the envelope of mostly arty-cutouts that I can use for decoupage projects!

But also..wait for it! She sent my favorite thing (well, one of)...a mini London Double Decker Bus! (Cuz for some reason Wink she knows about my (cough cough) obsession with England!

My other favorite thing is this gorgeous crocheted silver wire & beaded necklace she made. How she knew that it matches the top I wore to work, I will never know. But look....it does! Perfect match! It really is a thing of beauty.

Kim, you are fantastic and I love everything! See how deliriously happy I am!

Thank you a billion times over! ~ lucy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006 06:52:54 PM by lucy van pelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2006 07:17:33 PM »

That necklace is awesome!  Such pretty colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2006 07:24:02 PM »

I am one lucky craftster!  Why?  Because I had kiki eks as my crafting detective!!!

Here is the outside of the package, so of course I instantly fell in love with it!

Kiki eks has been doing some very clever research, I must say!  Here is the spring bag that I have had on my wish list in order to get rid of my winter doldrums -- and it has strawberries on it! 

Inside were these incredible earrings (which I can't even tell you how much I LOVE!) and a charm for my cat Sonja's collar!  It has a rose quartz stone on it for "love and protection" -- how sweet is that?

And that is not all!  Also in this fabulous package was a FELTING kit-- I have been dying to get my hands on a felting kit for some time now, and now I have one!  I am so excited!!

There was more in the package as well, but my camera's batteries died before I could get a picture.  Kiki eks made some awesome return address labels and stickers with my avatar on them (love them!), candy, and tiny cards and envelopes to use to make stationary for another swap that I am doing.  I was seriously spoiled!  Thank you so much kiki eks-- I love everything!!!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mub
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2006 07:49:06 PM »

Yay! I loved this swap. I got home and found my package - I recognized Kim's name on the return address but I knew her as "mub", who sent me a cute Holiday ornament for that swap back in December - she sent a little stocking with a kitten applique.

Anyway, back to this swap! She stalked me so well I could have sworn she had known me all my life. Here's a picture of the stash she sent - fat eights of really cool Op Art fabric for my flower pins; some fun & fuzzy yarn (I have half used it already!) and an adorable sleep mask (I needed this, thanks to my late night workaholic musician spouse) - the mask has kitten fabric!

Not pictured is the mix CD she sent (I took it to work); the bag of roasted in shell peanuts (my kid & I plowed thru them for a late night snack last night) and the envelope of mostly arty-cutouts that I can use for decoupage projects!

But also..wait for it! She sent my favorite thing (well, one of)...a mini London Double Decker Bus! (Cuz for some reason Wink she knows about my (cough cough) obsession with England!

My other favorite thing is this gorgeous crocheted silver wire & beaded necklace she made. How she knew that it matches the top I wore to work, I will never know. But look....it does! Perfect match! It really is a thing of beauty.

Kim, you are fantastic and I love everything! See how deliriously happy I am!

Thank you a billion times over! ~ lucy.

Yay!  I'm so glad you liked everything =D  That is an authentic Double Decker Bus -from- London too!  hehe.  I must admit I'm pretty impressed with myself on the color match for the necklace, even I didn't realize I was that good Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2006 07:54:05 PM »

Oooh look at all the great stuff! Everyone's packages look fantastic.
Kinkyknit, that green bag is just beautiful! I love the fabric.
What a cute little mailbox and kitten eye mask too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2006 10:20:44 PM »

I am one lucky craftster!  Why?  Because I had kiki eks as my crafting detective!!!

Here is the outside of the package, so of course I instantly fell in love with it!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/50167detective_package.jpg

Kiki eks has been doing some very clever research, I must say!  Here is the spring bag that I have had on my wish list in order to get rid of my winter doldrums -- and it has strawberries on it! 

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/50167strawberry_purse.jpg

Inside were these incredible earrings (which I can't even tell you how much I LOVE!) and a charm for my cat Sonja's collar!  It has a rose quartz stone on it for "love and protection" -- how sweet is that?
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/50167earrings.jpg

And that is not all!  Also in this fabulous package was a FELTING kit-- I have been dying to get my hands on a felting kit for some time now, and now I have one!  I am so excited!!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/50167felting_kit1.jpg

There was more in the package as well, but my camera's batteries died before I could get a picture.  Kiki eks made some awesome return address labels and stickers with my avatar on them (love them!), candy, and tiny cards and envelopes to use to make stationary for another swap that I am doing.  I was seriously spoiled!  Thank you so much kiki eks-- I love everything!!!   Grin

Grin Grin Grin I am so happy you like everything....  stalking you was fun. There were so many things that inspired ideas to do for you - that I had to just pick a few and I wanted to make sure the felting kit was the #1 thing in the package. oh as I was in line writing out the kinds of wool (as you might tell by the USPS shipping label) I think I forgot to tell you that all the colored wool is 100% merino. Sorry I didn't include a how to - I don't know how to.  I think I might try my hand at needle felting - looks like fun.

Woo Hoo I still have not peeked at any of the other stuff yet in this gallery - it's starting to get hard - I want to see what everyone got.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2006 06:35:54 AM »

Hello..
I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of my crafts from phizzychick. She was a brilliant partner- so generous. I'll start with the booklet that she made me, showing me what she'd found out about me and her decision-making process...

Booklet

She also sent me a bag made of starry material with a little owl on it. I love it so much. I love owls.

Bag

A re-conned t-shirt based on the style of this site : http://www.supayana.com/
It's handstitched and gpgeous with vintage style buttons down the front. It fits perfectly and I love it so much!! (The pictures do not do it justice) I also got a little owl stuffie.. I love him Smiley

Shirt and Owlie

A whole bunch of scrapbooking supplies, including some handmade paper. which I'm in love with and so gorgeuos notecards (for me and sending to my penpals) Included I also got some Autumn leaf stickers.. which I have needed for a page I've been working on.. how did she know? Because she'd the best stalker ever!

Scrapbooking stuff

I also got this cute little knitted purse thingy, which contained many star related things.. especially jewellery. I love it all! Especially the metal bracelet with star charm. I've had so many compliments on it already! She also made me a how to knit kit, with gorgeous yarn and a brilliant booklet with diagrams, explaining casting on/off knitting and purling. She also included little sample sqaures of the different things and directions for the knit purse and for knitting a scarf.. yay!!

Star stuff and knitted purse

In addition to that she sent me some brochures and what not on whats happening in her area, which I find very interesting. Also i got some cute Alice In Wonderland extras because Lewis Caroll (Author of AIW) lived in a nearby suburb.

Extras

I'm still amazed at how great all this stuff is. My mum and grandmother were (also) so excited! Your package with all it's supplies and brilliance had inspired me and I've been paper-crafting since I got home this afternoon. Thanks again phizzychick. Best partner ever!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 06:38:32 AM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Bunch Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Danny Tobey Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Jessica Burkhart Talks About Take the Reins
The Monstrumologist Book Trailer
A Loving Tribute to E. Lynn Harris
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...