A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 311,446
Currently Running With Scissors:
747 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Gallery!!!!!  (Read 32633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apandalee
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2006 09:43:00 AM »

OMG I just received the best package yesterday from...

Sonjaboo!

WARNING: boatloads of photos ahead!

Group Shot:

This included: Panda puzzle, Monster Messenger Bag tute and supplies, cute Chinese character lip gloss, Care Bears gummy bears, panda beanie baby, ninja gum, stickers, yarn and crocheting book, cute stuffed panda-in-a-purse, and the cutest card ever explaining why she picked everything!

Close ups:

The stickers were so cute! They captured my style perfectly!

This gum is so awesome, wherever did you find it sonjaboo?

The cutest fun fur ever! I have been wanting to make the monster messenger bag for so long, good stalking sonjaboo!

Awesome yarn  Smiley

Finally, possibly my favorite thing in the box, Stitch n Bitch Crochet and SPARKLY crochet hooks! I have been wanting to learn how to crochet for forever, and totally almost bought this book like 2 weeks ago, but didn't have the cash at the time. Thank you so much Sonjaboo!

Sonjaboo- you did an absolutely awesome job stalking me and getting my style, and thank you so much for sending such a generous package!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006 09:46:14 AM by apandalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2006 09:56:37 AM »

All of the things in this thread so far are brillinat....but SPARKLY CROCHET HOOKS?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked  oh. my. god.  Where can I get some?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2006 10:25:37 AM »

VW69...I am glad you lliked everything! When my son saw your habo bag blocking, he thought I had made him a hat!
I had such a great time stalking and swapping, I think I have found my new obsession!

Everything posted has been great so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2006 10:28:11 AM »

apandalee, I'm so glad you liked everything!  I'm so sorry I didn't make the monster bag myself-- I am still learning how to sew and my first few attempts came out like blobs!   Tongue  Anyway, I am so glad it made it to you already! 

Sparkly crochet hooks are pretty fabulous-- I found them at Jo Ann's.  Reading apandalee's posts, I thought sparkly jewel-colored crochet hooks might be right up her alley!  Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2006 10:47:59 AM »

This swap is amazing. I hope there will be a round 2.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
apandalee
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2006 10:48:23 AM »

apandalee, I'm so glad you liked everything!  I'm so sorry I didn't make the monster bag myself-- I am still learning how to sew and my first few attempts came out like blobs!   Tongue  Anyway, I am so glad it made it to you already! 

Sparkly crochet hooks are pretty fabulous-- I found them at Jo Ann's.  Reading apandalee's posts, I thought sparkly jewel-colored crochet hooks might be right up her alley!  Smiley   

Yes I love the crochet hooks! Even my non craftster friend was like "OMG they're sparkly that is so cool!" when I showed them to her  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vw69
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2006 02:24:56 PM »

AWynkoop,
  The Hobo bag is amazing! It is so professionally done. My sister loved it and couldn't believe it was knitted.

Everyone's swaps are wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2006 06:03:32 PM »

I'm ridiculously excited about this swap.. and participating in more!
I already have a million to look forward to (and have already been shattered by being unable to participate in the next round of the tree swap!).. all I now need is that positive feedback!! *Lleyton Hewitt style* Come on!! (For those of you who are unfamiliar with this.. Hewitt is an Aussie tennis player.. this is his trademark saying and hand gesture "come on!" http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200501/r38815_97676.jpg )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2006 07:15:37 PM »

Wow.  I received my package from my stalker, MJAdams, heretofore known as my personal, incredibly amazing, stalker.

First, the box:

That's not my cat, that's the neighbor's cat.  He comes to visit now and then.  He's visiting now.

The inside of the box, a vertiable pink explosion:

All the gifts:

Here's where I start ripping apart things wildly:

A piggy bank to save up my latte money to pay for a bike for my triathlon in August!  How did she know?  My blog and my myspace!  Good detective work.

The sweetest note about how she stalked me and thinks I'm cool!  Yeah me!  She also sent me two knitting patterns and a wooden chicken.

A cd of stalker music -- spot on.  I love music!  How did she know?  Stalker.

The cd itself, which is now in my cd player.

Knitted pink handwarmers!  With beads!  Very fancy!  I love them! !!!! (Exclamation points are fine.  It's the apostrophe that sends me around the bend) (hee hee only my stalker will get that joke  Wink)

The most incredible necklace.  It's 1,000 seed beads, in pink, rolled together.  I am going to wear it to a fancy event.  It's gorgeous and fits perfectly.

Ok, this is where my stalker is certifiable.  This is a pink designer handbag she purchased at a boutique.  It's TOTALLY GORGEOUS.  I love it so much.

Inside the bag, I found these amazing Dick and Jane buttons, perfect for an English professor!

Fabric.  Ah, my stalker knows me so well.  The larger piece is this amazing vintage fabric with embroidered flowers all over it.  It's so lovely.  And the pieces to the right are great twill with beautiful print.  I can't wait to turn them into handbags.

I've always wanted to go to class in a wig.  So here it is -- the mullet.  I nearly peed myself when I unwrapped this.

And finally, a lovely spring scarf because, as my stalker knows, I love scarves!

Well, it doesn't seem right to get all this loot without showing it off with an action photo.  So I put on as much as I could, and snapped this:

Thank you doesn't even begin to cover how I feel.  Megan was so thoughtful and so generous.  I was stunned as I unwrapped each piece.  Each gift in and of itself was perfect, and the whole lot of them leaves me speechless.

Wow.  I am so lucky.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Deirdre

« Last Edit: April 02, 2006 07:17:33 PM by Deirdre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2006 07:37:54 PM »

OMG-- a MULLET WIG!!!  I am just about falling off my chair with laughter right now!!  That is the greatest!!!!

And 1000 seed beads?!?!?  MJAdams, you have some serious patience/skills with beading!!  It's beautiful!  And everything is so wonderfully... pink!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 2
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 3
Coping Molding
Coping Molding Basics
Coping Crown Molding
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...