A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pj bottoms!  (Read 32921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yellowblanket
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006 07:36:01 AM »

ooh...i love those! they look really comfy Smiley

for the ribbon waistband did you just fold over a really wide ribbon and then string a thinner one through?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006 04:00:28 PM »

ribbon casings are really easy. you turn under 3/8 in. on the outside then pin on a wide ( 7/8 or 1in.) ribbon. top stitch very close to the top and bottom. leave openings for the front. then sew skinny ribbon to eleastic if you want. i did. I am going to make a matching pair for my daughter so I will make a tut and add a link to it here. I will get on that soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ozarkcat
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006 08:55:23 AM »

So is this still ongoing? I need to put together some more belly dancing pants, basically the same sort of thing . . . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathi

We do personal swaps:
Handmade soaps, candles, fiber art, and more:
http://mistymanormercers.com/
yellowblanket
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006 05:16:50 PM »

So is this still ongoing? I need to put together some more belly dancing pants, basically the same sort of thing . . . . .

sure, go ahead and post pix Smiley the more the merrier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
Joler79
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006 04:05:37 AM »

ohh - so I can join in then! Grin  - i have just made my first pair (well still have to buy the elastic I forgot) and really want to show off the fabric but am embaressed to put a beginner basic thing on the main board! piccies tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah! Aussie crafting mumma!
I <3 personal swaps ( and I promise add Tim Tams!)
lonesomedove
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006 07:57:50 AM »

Can any of you suggest a very easy pattern for pajama bottoms?  I've made a few things, but never pants.  I want to make some pj bottoms for  myself and my daughter.  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenorivers
That's Sew Lauren

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006 09:13:25 AM »

y'know, I really want to do this but I havent got a machine, making a pattern should be easy enough, I can measure my thigh. Then make a  straight leg pattern, maybe go in a bit towards the end. Then add elastic at the waist. I might hand sew but I'm not sure yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowblanket
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006 02:48:35 PM »

Can any of you suggest a very easy pattern for pajama bottoms?  I've made a few things, but never pants.  I want to make some pj bottoms for  myself and my daughter.  Thanks

probably the easiest way to create a pattern is to take a pair of pj pants or sweatpants that fit you, turn them inside out and then cut fabric pieces that match up in size and shape with the legs of the pants. to figure out where to sew, just follow the pants you've got in front of you! Smiley good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006 01:02:24 PM »

im not sure if i could still join but im going 2 post my picture anyways.these were the 1st ones i ever made..there a little long..i think i need to hem them again*sorry i dont have a close up of the material but it has stripes and hearts on it(my cameras lighting is not working right)

oh my gosh, my aunt has wallpaper in that exact pattern! just put on a tee with ducks on it and youll blend into her walls.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013 07:21:56 PM by meleriffic - Reason: Removed image from quote. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

designer_92

Ready for the runway

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006 07:46:18 PM »

i made these pants like a week or two ago. they were my first pair and i didn't use a pattern. the legs at the bottom are a little wide, but they are really comfy!

front

close up of pattern

haha, 3 yards of this fabric for $1 a yard so $3! I just had to get it and i love purple, so i was happy. they took like 30 minutes to make and i love them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm gonna be the next BIG american designer...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bread Pudding with Vanilla Butter Sauce Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Holiday Red Berry Trifle
Strawberry Champagne Pops
Cupcake ATM Opens Up in NYC
How to Make a Sheet Tray Cookie Bar
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...