A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tucson?  (Read 13019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

river_horse
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008 07:27:54 PM »

i personally haven't been involved in any get togethers but World Wide Knit in Public day is June 14th Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 12:06:14 PM by river_horse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

a positive attitude may not improve the situation, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
Zanarchy
Viva Lust! Viva Love! Viva Life!

Viva Glam!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008 12:28:35 PM »

Hi there-
I just moved here from Minneapolis, MN and am really excited to get crafting again.  I sold off all my furniture and left all my craft materials behind, since I flew down here and shipped only my life essentials (10 boxes containing shoes and all my clothes *sigh*).

I was in a craft club called "The Crafty Bitches" and I hosted a weekly ladies craft night in Minneapolis.  I love sewing, revamping furniture and general craftiness.

If anyone has any tips on acquiring cheap old furniture to revamp or some great craft supplies stores, that would be great.  Once I get settled into my permanent home (which will be in August) I would love to meet some other Tucson craftsters/possibly host a craft evening. 

So, let me know if anyone would be interested!

XOXO
Zan
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ckchan
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008 03:44:45 PM »

Hi there-
I just moved here from Minneapolis, MN and am really excited to get crafting again.  I sold off all my furniture and left all my craft materials behind, since I flew down here and shipped only my life essentials (10 boxes containing shoes and all my clothes *sigh*).

I was in a craft club called "The Crafty Bitches" and I hosted a weekly ladies craft night in Minneapolis.  I love sewing, revamping furniture and general craftiness.

If anyone has any tips on acquiring cheap old furniture to revamp or some great craft supplies stores, that would be great.  Once I get settled into my permanent home (which will be in August) I would love to meet some other Tucson craftsters/possibly host a craft evening. 

XOXO
Zan

That sounds like a ton of fun!  Hopefully things are going well with you and moving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008 11:37:41 PM »

Hi there-

XOXO
Zan

SAS Fabric by the pound is awesome for fabric and misc notions (I got some awesome gold chain there that I'm still not done with the project for. I have a thing with half-done WIPs.). The thrift stores are always great for cheap stuff Smiley 99 cent shirt racks for the win!

In other news, it says something for the amount of traffic in this section that I forgot about the site for about a year and the most recent topic has a post by me in it. -.-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
smileygirl23
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008 02:17:41 PM »

I am interested in starting a craft night once a week if anyone is interested. I moved to Tucson about 6 weeks ago and would love to meet some other crafters. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach (to play one day)

and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,and

milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;...................

ee cummings
Knotty Kitty
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008 07:47:58 PM »

I'm in Tucson too, and as it happens I'm also in the market for some new social connections. I'd love to chat with some local crafters and/or attend some meetups. ^_^

SAS is definately the best cloth place I've found in town. JoAnne's is good too, but I like the...I dunno, randomness....of SAS. Digging through the tables full of cloth is like a treasure hunt, I get so excited when I find something really unique. Cheesy Unfortunately, too many trips there has resulted in my own little mountain of cloth. It will take me years to use it all, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
ckchan
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008 10:11:39 AM »

I am interested in starting a craft night once a week if anyone is interested. I moved to Tucson about 6 weeks ago and would love to meet some other crafters. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!!!

I would be interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Zanarchy
Viva Lust! Viva Love! Viva Life!

Viva Glam!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008 09:47:22 AM »

So, days after I posted my message calling out craftsters in Tucson, I decided to move back to Minneapolis.  I just was not settling in or adjusting well at all.

But, in the past few weeks I got TONS of emails from cool, tucson craftster chicas who I would have loved to hang out with.  So, maybe someone will take the reigns and organize something?  The interest is there...

I just went to a craft night in Minneapolis the other night, and I forgot how much fun it can be. 

Good luck to all you Tucson craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurseStuff
Purse Stuff - Paula

Handcrafted Purses & Purse Accessories

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009 08:04:45 AM »

This started out as a Tucson Meet & Swap.
What happened with it?

I live in Arizona City.  Would you accept a member for a Meet & Swap from Arizona City?  If yes, please let me know the details.

Who
What
When
Where

Thank you,
Purse Stuff - Paula
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purse Stuff - Paula
www.PurseStuff.com
http://pursestuff.blogspot.com
Facebook - Purse Stuff
Cathany
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009 11:33:39 PM »

It's really great to see so many Tucson crafters, I don't suppose anyone has actually started a craft night or anything, have they?  I'm new to Craftster, and I would LOVE to meet some of you lovely people and craft together. 

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Do If Thread Is Caught in Your Sewing Machine
The History of Hand Blown Glass
How to Make Better Flower Arrangements
How to Make Chalk on the Fly
How to Keep Buttons on
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...