A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tucson?  (Read 12486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006 01:52:43 PM »

Welcome to Tucson!  You're at the U of A?

(I'm a freshman in high school.  Sabino.  I'm 15.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
yellowblanket
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007 11:00:52 AM »

i'll be back in tucson in mid-may when school ends. is anyone interested in a craftster meetup?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
yellowblanket
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007 12:12:01 PM »

hey all...this thread is OLD, but i'm back in tucson and looking for friends to knit with. who's in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
wowievalerie
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007 03:22:49 AM »

Hi! I'm a Tucsonan too! I went to Flowing Wells Jr. High, and High Philip, but I graduated way back in '93. I also go to SAS and JoAnn's and thrift stores. I also used to find lots of cheap fabric at the swap meet, but haven't seen any lately.  If you're all looking for a larger place to get together, the downtown library has all sizes of meeting rooms. My old job used to have a huge Christmas party there every year. I don't think there is a charge, but I'll look into it if you like. I'd like to get together too, but I don't knit. I did as a kid but can't seem to pick it up again. I do just about every other craft though.
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devadarling

Any Savage Can Dance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007 08:59:05 PM »

Hey,
I am here in Tucson too & looking for fun & funky people to hang out and knit with.  I would love to meet up at a coffee shop or something if anyone is interested.  I am also into meeting other crafters too, I am always into trying new things & seeing what others are up to! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabbithorns
Rabbithorns

Love the bunnies

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007 07:40:30 PM »

Posted in general Arizona - check it out - want to host an alternative crafts fair monthly and also one during the 4th Avenue Street Fair since booths there run so high.

Can accommodate about 8 tables in our small center on 6 Street between 4 and 5 avenues. Check out the other post if you're interested. I think it would be a great area for a fair. I make recon goth/punk clothing and have nowhere to sell it. We don't get much regular retail trafiic as a buddhist center, but when we flyer 4th like crazy, people really show up! We're just down from Plush.

Would be nice to start with September 1 if 8 folks (or more with sharing) could do it. I'm fairly busy many weekends with Buddhist studies and classes so I'm trying to pick first Sat of the month for monthly fairs.

Allison
THIS ROCKS   Logged

livin and lovin a bloke in Oz
river_horse
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007 08:59:19 PM »

this thread is a little old but i'm in Tucson and it would be fabulous to get together with you all and knit and craft. so if we could get something together that would great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a positive attitude may not improve the situation, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
lighthematch
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007 09:38:57 AM »

Reviving this old thread again-- I'm a tucsonan as well.  I've been a bit busy lately (I've got a 10 month old daughter, work, and christmas gifts to get together)...but just throwing out that I'm open for meeting new people.  I don't knit (seems like I'm the only one!), but I'm learning to sew and I need to break into my absurdly large paper crafting stash as well as a screen printing kit I got for my birthday.  I'm also into stenciling and other random crafts.  I have a couple of friends who are "trying" (read: talking about) to set up a crafting night.   If you want to get ahold of me, here is my myspace page: myspace.com/pantaloony 

BTW, river_horse... my land lord's company is called River Horse enterprises, and I know he has a couple of daughters around my age going to U of A.  You wouldn't happen to be one of them, would you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
river_horse
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008 06:12:13 PM »

no, lighthematch, i'm not one of them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a positive attitude may not improve the situation, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
ckchan
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008 09:38:29 AM »

It's been a while since anyone posted, I thought I'd try to liven it up.  Has there been any get togethers for crafts lately?  It'd be great to post, cuz I would love to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give a Head Massage
How to Make Hair Stronger and Stop Hair Breakage
How to Get a Big Sock Bun Hairdo
Hair How To: Half Up Half Down
How To Do A Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...