A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,346
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadian Crafting Supplies (Online) -- Updated 21/07/07  (Read 19138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadyI
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007 07:09:31 AM »

Bead and Craft International, on-line store!  www.beadandcraft.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaterpillarPeacock
Crawling for your love.

Tiny hats always beat big ones.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007 03:07:53 PM »

I'm so happy o hear that. It seemed like that on the website but I'm buying a $300.00 airbrush compressor and wanted to be sure. That's not a purchase to take lightly.

Just a heads up for those who are going to make purchases from Curry's... They are a big business, which means that their prices are rediculously HIGH. I would only ever use them as a last resort, especially for craft supplies.

This is such a great idea though! Anyone know of anywhere I can get safety eyes other than Michael's or Etsy? I'd rather get them a bit more locally than on Etsy and Michael's has no selection Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007 12:05:54 PM »

Just ordered some supplies from canwax.com - I was impressed by the service and speed.  I ordered on-line Monday night and it arrived today, Wednesday morning.  I ordered about 10 loofahs, 4 lbs soap base, some wicks, and two bottles of essential oil, and the shipping was a bit less than $8.

I will certainly be ordering from them again, especially when I do the ice candles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007 12:07:55 PM »

I'm so happy o hear that. It seemed like that on the website but I'm buying a $300.00 airbrush compressor and wanted to be sure. That's not a purchase to take lightly.

Just a heads up for those who are going to make purchases from Curry's... They are a big business, which means that their prices are rediculously HIGH. I would only ever use them as a last resort, especially for craft supplies.

This is such a great idea though! Anyone know of anywhere I can get safety eyes other than Michael's or Etsy? I'd rather get them a bit more locally than on Etsy and Michael's has no selection Sad

Safety glasses - you should be able to get them at your local Canadian Tire/Home Hardware/hardware/house paint supply store/Rona/Building Box/Home Depot - anything from the slip on plastic glasses to the goggle styles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aethelberga
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008 05:30:28 PM »

In my recent quest for doll joints (where have all the doll joints gone?) and safety eyes, I discovered Stockade at stockade.ca. I haven't ordered from them yet, but they have a brick and mortar store in Guelph and their (free) catalogue looks pretty substantial.

Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned Shades of Clay, but I like them for polymer clay supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gius
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009 02:14:07 AM »

Please reply with additions/ corrections!

--

Canadian Stores with Online Checkouts

Fabric/ Sewing Supplies
A Great Notion Sewing Supply Ltd. - www.agreatnotion.com/catalogue/enter.html
Designer Fabrics - www.designerfabrics.ca/shop/scripts/
Kids Fabrics - www.kidsfabrics.com
Wazoodle - www.wazoodle.com

anymore for fabrics online?

i cjecked the links here --designer fabrics is a dead link
agreatnotion doesn't have a very good collection.. theyre mostly prints than solids and there's no choosing between silk dupioni, wool, linen etc... same for kidsfabrics

wazoodle seems good, but they dont have much stock.. it's nearly empty

also i havent seen any shop that sells interfacing,...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
riss
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010 01:30:07 PM »

http://omiyage.ca

Japanese fabric, rubber stamps, traditional paper, origami paper, washi tape and more.  Canadian, with a Japanese twist  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Japanese Craft Supplies & More - http://www.omiyage.ca
Omiyage Blogs - http://www.omiyageblogs.blogspot.com
General Musings - http://www.eliasmarisa.blogspot.com
Onyxnox

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010 01:40:57 PM »

In my recent quest for doll joints (where have all the doll joints gone?) and safety eyes, I discovered Stockade at stockade.ca. I haven't ordered from them yet, but they have a brick and mortar store in Guelph and their (free) catalogue looks pretty substantial.

Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned Shades of Clay, but I like them for polymer clay supplies.

I started ordering from Stockade in the Spring too, after discovering on a search for alcohol inks and the customer service and shipping is excellent!  I love that it is a base rate for everything.  Sucks if you are ordering just one bottle of paint, but for a large order, fantastic!  I will probably be ordering some wood items from them soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012 02:10:00 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get small wooden items for crafting? I want to make my daughter some bendy dolls and doll furniture but I have been unable to find ANYTHING nearby. I live in Halton Hills. I found a couple places online within Canada but not one place has everything I need so I'd have to place multiple orders... and pay multiple shipping charges  Cry

Man... I miss White Rose like nobodys business Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
Onyxnox

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012 09:27:27 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get small wooden items for crafting? I want to make my daughter some bendy dolls and doll furniture but I have been unable to find ANYTHING nearby. I live in Halton Hills. I found a couple places online within Canada but not one place has everything I need so I'd have to place multiple orders... and pay multiple shipping charges  Cry

Man... I miss White Rose like nobodys business Sad

See the link a few posts above stockade.ca in Guelph has miniatures and some doll parts - and low shipping costs and a store if you are near.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ed Bronstein on Becoming a Painter
Paintings by Ed Bronstein
How to Carve a Drawing on Wood
Meet Baybayin Artist Ameurfina Nazario
Meet Ebru Artist Siddi Zubeyde Atan
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...