what size shoe did the pattern give instructions for? any womens 12 or mens 11?
The sizes are Children's S, M, L, and Adult's S, M, and L. I followed the instructions for the Adult's small (I have women's size 7 feet), but I didn't gauge - I just crocheted them to fit, and here's how:
- each slipper is made of three pieces: the sole, the high-top piece, and the over-the-toe piece. The piece with the stripe at the bottom is added later, and greatly increases
the size of the slipper, so don't worry if the high-top and toe pieces seem a little small.
- when you make the soles, after the shaping, just continue sc'ing around until it's the same size as your foot. It should be on the slightly small side, as the fabric will stretch and as I mentioned before, you'll be adding more fabric to it when you join the soles to the tops
- make the tops and toes according to your size (i.e. S, M, or L) - if they're a little too long, it's no biggie, you can adjust them when you join the pieces
- before you sc the tops and toes together, place them around your foot and pin together. If the pieces are a little big, you can just overlap them a bit when you join them.
- instead of sc'ing the tops/toes with the soles, pin them and whipstitch them into place (that way if your st count is off, it's no biggie)
Hope this makes sense.