A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thift Mobile/Baldwin area?  (Read 3203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheesbro
« on: March 26, 2006 09:53:21 PM »

Are there any good thirft stores in the Mobile/Baldwin Co. areas? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
germfreeadolescent
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006 03:03:26 PM »

nope nothing in mobile besides goodwill, America's thrift store, and there is one on hwy 90 water front mission i haven't ever been there just drove past.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she cuts her hair and calls his name
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006 03:37:38 PM »

i have a national directory of thrift shops. I hope this helps..

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
cheesbro
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006 02:55:56 PM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stevesgranny
Fabrics, yarns and textures

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006 10:18:55 AM »

Thanks for that thriftshopper link it is great.
I'm really sad Embarrassed about Mobile thrift stores. I'm from Denver, CO and thier are so many. Also did some time in Phoenix, AZ which is also plentiful. What's a girl to do in Mobile? I hit the few that thier are often. I'm always looking for a good size piece of fabric or a linen to re-vamp.
Good luck cheesbro and happy thrifting! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007 09:08:10 PM »

I realize this is an old thread but in case you are still interested there are a lot of small but good Catholic charity thrift shop in Mobile. I can't think of any of the names off the top of my head but if you still want to know I can look them up. Better send me a PM in case I forget to check this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alycnwonderland
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007 02:10:51 AM »

i'd love to know about them i come over there a lot to visit thriftstores and friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

as usual lost in a wonderland of dreams.
Emerald Coast Arts
mamafen
Yarn, it's not just for grannies anymore.

Scotch: It's breakfast.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007 10:47:24 PM »

in Foley the waterfront mission is...well...okay I suppose.  Most of thier stuff is wayyy overpriced ( for example last time I went there they had the same chinsy computer desk I bought from walmart a year ago and it was obviously "well loved" and they were charging more for it than I paid for it brand new)
But, it does go for a good cause,

They do have some nice stuff in there though, new beds and new furniture and all.

The salvation army in Foley is pretty decent.

I'm used to having more options though, When I lived in NY there were thrift stores EVERYWHERE.

I've mainly been relying on craigslist though since I've been here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I could buy the world a coke, then I would say "SCREW YOU WORLD" and go buy more fabric.

http://wists.com/mamafen
http://buttonsandbrimstone.blogspot.com/
alycnwonderland
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007 03:10:52 AM »

There used to be a great big giant store way up on schillengers road in mobile called America's Thrift Store but just recently I drove past and it was vacant?
I can't imagine they went out of business, they must have moved but to where?

Also, Saint Vincent De Paul on Broad street was good but I don't think they are there anymore either.  The neighborhood was kind of rough, I hope they moved.

The Nothing New Shop is run by a Catholic Charity and its good as far as price but it's so small.

The waterfront mission in Mobile is the same way as far as pricing.  High!
The salvation army is there too on Dauphin St. but I haven't been in there in years.  I guess I need to try to make it in there one day. 

There used to be lots of options in the Mobile area I've just lost my grasp on the scene because I live in Pensacola but I travel back and forth a lot and would love to know if I've missed that treasure chest waiting to be found?

Heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged

as usual lost in a wonderland of dreams.
Emerald Coast Arts
mamafen
Yarn, it's not just for grannies anymore.

Scotch: It's breakfast.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007 09:59:33 PM »

I found one that rules!!!!! YAYYY!

It's called Reruns and it's in Foley.  It's about a mile from my house, so I adore it.  It's right on 59, and it's got a 10 foot tall sign that looks like a kitty out front.  It makes me smile.

At first glance it looks like a furniture resale outlet, until you dig deeper and go meandering through the back areas.  I recently talked them out of thier entire record collection ( close to 500 records) for $20.00.  I'm a huge music nut and I've been collecting records for a few years now so I was ESTATIC.

The ladies there are AWESOME and they're down for haggling, I even got a really pretty king size quilt brand new for $22.50 and it was marked at $90!  ( hooray 75% off!)

They've got quite a selection when it comes to blankets, sheets, pilliows, suitcases, kitcheny stuff, and some crafting supplies.  My husband is only allowing me to go there once a month though, which I suppose is smart on his end or we'd be completley broke before this kid shows up.  I get to go once a month and spend $100.00 and in there, thats AWESOME.  We left with a van load of stuff last time.

But yeah, check it out, it's my new favorite place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I could buy the world a coke, then I would say "SCREW YOU WORLD" and go buy more fabric.

http://wists.com/mamafen
http://buttonsandbrimstone.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Andrew Clements Talks About Smart Kids
Tyler Colman Reveals
Cindy Gerard Talks About Risk No Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...