A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pouch for Diabetes testing supplies  (Read 1863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wicket-poo
« on: March 24, 2006 03:06:09 PM »

I made this a while ago when I was on my pouch making kick and never really found a use for it till now.  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about two weeks ago and was given lots of supplies to test my blood sugar everyday.  Now at first I was ultra careful where I put everything but that didnt last long.  Actually it was about three days.  Then I was searching my apartment for the log book and my black carrying case that held all the nifty ouching supplies everytime I needed to test.  Well today going through all the stuff I have completed and wanting to post I found this unused pouch and thought it would be perfect for holding everything I needed.  Plus its red and white kinda like the whole red cross symbol but without the cross and in stripes... I never said it made sense to anyone else but me  Tongue.  So here it is:

inside unfilled:

Its a black fat quarter from joanns etc with little gray swirls all over it!

And inside filled with stuff:

So there it is all organized and ready for (ouch) next time I need it.

Sara
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 11:54:07 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlothGirl
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006 03:28:38 PM »

That's a good idea!  I have diabetes type 1, and i keep all of my supplies in my purse.  However, it would definately be easier to have it all grouped together like that, because all of my stuff is just loose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AriesEJ
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006 04:56:42 PM »

Cute and a good idea!  I really ought to make one for my Pop.  Good job and good luck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zephyr
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006 07:28:54 PM »

Im sorry to hear you were diagnosed with gestational diabetes. But.. its good that you have a new case for all your stuff! I get what you mean about it being like the red cross..without the cross. very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haymuffyn
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006 01:58:29 PM »

GREAT IDEA!!!!  I HAVE HAD TYPE I DIABETES FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS...AS A CHILD,  WE WERE TAUGHT TO KEEP EVERYTHING TOGETHER IN A TACKLE BOX.....I HAVE A PUMP NOW,  AND DON'T REQUIRE AS MUCH ROOM....SO THIS POUCH WOULD BE PERFECT!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyanemcs
Crafty Hippy-Witch

Mmmmm. Crafts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006 02:24:39 PM »

What a great idea! I think I'll have to make one for my hubby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

torilimcadle
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006 05:32:59 PM »

Awesome idea!  I'll have to make some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
-Noam Chomsky.
auburngirl
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006 10:01:30 AM »

Ok, I know this thread is a little old, but I love it!!  I've had type 1 for almost 11 years, and I definately need one of those.  I also have a suggestion...my diabetic friend lost her meter while on vacation, so I have been careful to put my name and address in my meter case.  Could you sew a clear pocket to the inside of the pouch and put your contact info on it?  Am I worrying too much?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
               -Albert Einstein
wicket-poo
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006 11:23:39 AM »

I actually dont see why you couldnt add a clear vinyl pouch to inside or even to the outside of the pouch.  Great Idea!  You would just have to add it to the outside material first(or inside whatever you prefer) before adding in zipper and all that nice stuff.  Thanks for the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Voco
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006 01:53:59 PM »

Thats a pretty awesome pouch. And an awesome idea, I need to make one for my testing supplies since I'm also a diabetic.

Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Portfolio
How to Reconstruct Your Jeans
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 2
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 4
Book Cover Designs Tips - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...