A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: columbia sc crafters where are you  (Read 3734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewcrazylady
« on: March 24, 2006 04:54:58 AM »

Hi, I new to the board. And I couldn't resist joining this board.   I am so crazy about crafts. Sewing being my passion. Weather for my home, toys that I have fun making to making toys for my crazy german shepard. Are there any other crafters in Columbia and what do you do? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PwrToolChick
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006 06:26:36 PM »

I'm in Columbia! 

My crafts are so diverse that I just can't stick with one thing!
I sew, crochet, woodwork, furniture recon, making small furniture pieces.  I really get into housewares type things.  Of course, next week it might be children's clothing.  Depends on my moods!!

My latest ventures have been purses.  I made myself a purse and didn't like it.  Sold it to a friend who told another friend who told another friend.  Now, I have 3 orders!  All because I just felt like making myself a purse. LOL

Good to see a Columbia craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007 11:12:28 AM »

I live in columbia too!  I like to knit, crochet, sew, quilt, paint, cook, and garden.  Pretty much I just like productive activities.  I sometimes feel a little isolated from crafting communities but now that I see other columbia crafters I'm really excited!!

*IDEA* sometime i'm going to post pictures of a few craft projects around the city and you guys can guess where they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
lindsoriah

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007 10:09:32 AM »

BIG BREAKTHROUGH  now downtown columbia has a LYS!! It's called In the Loop and it's at 2321 Devine, behind Prestige Travel.  I went there the other day and got really excited I just thought everyone should know.  The only way I found out was through a flyer at the art museum, so I'm trying to tell people about it when relevant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
daisylane
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007 11:03:20 AM »

I'm in Columbia too. What is an LYS?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007 05:06:14 PM »

It's a local yarn store/shop.  It's different from a local Hobby Lobby or Joann's or Michaels because an LYS usually has all the nicer yarns that big chains don't carry. 

If your particular crafts don't involve yarn, it's probably not that exciting to you, but it's a neat little shop and it's also got a stationery store, and frequently have lessons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PwrToolChick
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007 07:26:51 AM »

I've recently become obsessed with knitting.  I fell upon In The Loop and have to say that Lara (the owner) is absolutely amazing.  She does have a LOT of lessons from beginners through experts.  She is also extremely knowledgeable and so helpful with any questions you could possibly come up with.

Also she has beautiful yarns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brandy062191
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010 07:16:51 AM »

hey there fellow craftsters. i just moved to sc a couple of months ago, but i crochet, sew, make anything i can get my hands on lol I'm too artsy for my own good Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whitterp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011 10:32:09 AM »

im in columbia! new to the boards but not the city! Still somehow I missed In the Loop, I think I'll be popping by this week to see if it still exists, so many stores in that area have changed in the last year.

Theres another great needlepoint and yarn store in lexington on main street. its right near the old mill but I can't think of the name of it. also locally run by really nice people.

I like to cross stitch mostly, but I'm trying to learn more embroidery stitches as well. If anyone in the area wants to help me with that I'd gladly teach you anything you want to know in return- assuming I know anything about it myself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.whitneymakes.wo rdpress.com

pinterest.com/whitneymakes
thespeckledchicken
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011 05:57:23 PM »

Hi, I'm in Sumter but travel to Columbia often to visit my kids.  I love to sew also.
I haven't sewn much recently but spring is coming and I will sew summer dresses for my daughters.  I also like to recover furniture and lots of other crafts.  Right now I'm getting my house ready to sell so I'm clearing out a lot of craft and sewing stuff.  Let me know if you want the fabric and stuff I can't use.   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Messy Bun and Freshen Up Your Hair
How to Curl African American Hair Naturally
How to Get Soft and Shiny Hair With Oil Treatments
A Banging New Hair Salon
Hot Hair Trend: Celebs Darken Up Their Locks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...