A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Face Your Fears Stitchalong  (Read 10084 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amu-mu
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007 06:46:07 PM »

ive never embroidered before, only done cross-stitch.  SO...i wanna join in, and do an embroidered onesie or something for my bub, but could someone help out with a technicality first.  How do you transfer an image onto your fabric?  (Apart from freehand drawing, which I suck at)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007 09:46:35 AM »

ive never embroidered before, only done cross-stitch.  SO...i wanna join in, and do an embroidered onesie or something for my bub, but could someone help out with a technicality first.  How do you transfer an image onto your fabric?  (Apart from freehand drawing, which I suck at)

If you have a deisgn you'd like to use, print it out on a piece of paper and use dressmaker's carbon paper underneath your image and trace your design.

You can also trace your image onto tracing paper with an iron-on transfer pencil and then iron it onto your fabric.

When I need to transfer a basic image, I draw the design on scrap paper, cut it out and trace around it with tailor's chalk or a fabric pen- then I just fill in all the details freehand
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
KTsLaLaLand
Midwest Mindmelter

Taking Over with Toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007 06:53:32 PM »

OMG FINISHED!

It took me long enough, but the finished product was a Christmas present for my dad(finished approximately 2:30 a.m. on Christmas day, thankyouverymuch). The design is George Harrison of The Beatles' Fender Stratocaster(circa Sgt. Pepper), which he painted himself and called Rocky. I tried to stay as true to the original as I could, but ended up having to cheat a bit. There are some missing frets, no fret markers, no tuning knobs and a LOT of scale issues.

Sorry about the picture quality. My flash wouldn't work cause the camera was dying. Tongue

This was a VERY frustrating and time-consuming project, but I kind of like how it turned out. It could have been a LOT LOT better, but hey. We'll call it a learning experience. ^_^ Plus, I needed that practice for the series of patches I'm going to be making soon, so I'm really glad that I did it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a packrat. I'm prepared. ^_^

Making the World a Better Place:
http://www.DoctorSteel.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Forsaken Book Trailer
When You Were Mine Book Trailer
Owen West on Being an American Adviser to the Iraqi Army
Douglas Florian Reads His Poem Worker Bees
Dominque Moceanu Shares Her Olympic Memories
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...