A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie Pant/Overall things  (Read 1128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeeSting
« on: September 26, 2006 04:19:33 PM »

I am in love with these pants:
http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=11900&itemType=PRODUCT&iSubCat=1363&iMainCat=15

Does anyone know of a good pattern for a size 18-20 gal?  Or even one I could alter? Or one with nice wide leg pants like that that I could add straps to?

Also do you think this style would look good on me?  I'm pretty top heavy (40 F-G) so I'm just not sure about how it'd look.  I also knit, so I think I could knit a way cute mock turtle or something to go under them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog for all things knitting and more:
http://theknittingsofbree.blogspot.com/
oohmybees
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006 08:39:41 PM »

The actual pants are really cute, but I don't thing the suspenders are a good idea.  I am also top heavy and what happens is the suspenders curve around the boobs and end up looking like parentheses and if you try to go over the top of them it looks weird(there is gapping and smooshing).  I think the pants without the suspenders would look great.  If I were you I would try on the clip on suspenders and see what you think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chaoticpassion
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006 05:46:35 AM »

I agree with oohmybees, I have this skirt that has suspender type things at the top:

What ends up happening is that it makes my torso look shorter than it is by making my skirt sit too high. That, and the straps kind of hang over my boobs and don't look as flattering as I'd want.

Still, overalls/suspenders are really cute. Maybe try making something that ends just under the bust, with straps that go over. So it'll slim the torso and make the bust look great. I'm trying to find a picture of this dress that Christina Aguilera wore that looked like that.

These are some styles that look like the fits might be better, maybe to base your designs on:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.c om
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut-Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
Korean Chili Sauce With Gochujang
Chicken Banh Mi Recipe
How to Make Homemade Stuffed Sesame Leaves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...