A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to make a boyfriend who has everything he wants?  (Read 2278 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CATHERINElephant

____________________________________!$#@%

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2007 06:10:51 PM »

Valentine's day dilemma Sad
I've been dating my boyfriend for about two and a half years now. He is nineteen years old, and graduated higschool early to continue his career in the music industry. Right now he works at Ferret Records and The Kirby Organization setting up tours for hardcore & metal bands, and he's also an agent and promoter in New Jersey and does his own metal and hardcore shows. Anyway, he makes a good amount of money, and buys pretty much everything that he wants or needs for himself (and me.) I'm a lucky girl, BUT I never ever know what to get him for holidays or birthdays.

I've resolved to ONLY making things because I really can't buy for him at all. For christmas, I bought a bedside table and painted it black and added a coat of shine, and also stenciled out lyrics from one of his favorite bands, Stick to your guns. For past holidays and birthday's i've made a book of 100 reasons why I love him (i'd never seen him cry before that) and I also sewed him a small stuffed heart in a tattoo style with two doves holding a banner that had our aniversary date embroidered on it (he keeps this in his car. i think he thinks it keeps him safe.)

Haha I don't really know what to say about him, but he loves music (especially hardcore and metal.) He is ALWAYS on his sidekick 3 or laptop. He has his friends over to play xbox (only halo 2) at his house at least 3 times a week. He's democratic and liberal (thank god), and he LOVES nike shoes, and owns probably somewhere over 50 pairs.

Anyway, this valentines day is comming up REALLY quickly, and I have no idea what to make him! He's really romantic and mushy, and loves everything I make him even if its terrible- but I don't want it to be terrible, haha. I need some serious help, please!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 11:56:12 AM by CATHERINElephant » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, dont show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do. - Henry Rollins.
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007 07:02:57 PM »

Since you can embroider, how about a pillow case?  Somebody on here made a really cool toiletry bag for her dad for x-mass, do a search for "toilet bag for my father" she included a tutorial.  Baked goodies.  Coupon book.  Duct tape roses in a record vase.  If you have a DVD burner, how about downloading and burning movies that he's mentioned that he really enjoys but hasn't gotten around to obtaining a copy yet, put them in a cool handmade CD book.  Write him a poem, maybe embroider it onto something.  That should be enough to give you some idea.  If I think of anything else, I'll add it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
GrimbleCrumble
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007 11:31:26 AM »

What about a laptop case or sidekick case? Or could you buy an old pair of nike's at goodwill and paint them black with cool lyrics...

You can always cook or bake for him. Guys love food.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007 12:54:23 PM »

I third the food thing. Guys do always love food.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007 01:18:26 PM »

['Cept mine, who never eats, but he's going to now that I hand-wrote him a vegitarian cookbook that's actually pretty darned entertaining to read if I do say so myself Tongue]

But on topic.

Yeah, what about a case for his laptop/sidekick and some duct tape roses [I second both of these suggestions].

And the pillow thing, too, why not make a pillow with a design for one of his favorite bands?

For my boyfriend I made some patches [cheap ones, just canvas and silver sharpie haha] of bands he loves but can't find cool t-shirts of...he's already decided which shirt to stick the Leftover Crack one onto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007 01:22:02 PM »

There's always lingerie... for you! Roll Eyes

OTHO, pillowcases are fast and impressive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
prolix
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007 01:45:04 PM »

There are tons of great ideas in the generic boyfriend gift thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47986.0

I made my first screenprinted shirts for people, including my boyfriend, for christmas. stencilled shirts are cool too. boys seem to like them because they are practical, but they were also made with love.

Another idea from the thread linked above is to make boxers or pyjama pants, if you sew (they are VERY easy to make). I haven't done this myself, but i keep meaning to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hey, and then later we can churn our own butter, and make sweaters out of sheep." -Willow
legaldespoiler.blogspot.com
Prettyinpunk

Ooooh....swedishness.....0_o

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007 02:26:01 PM »

If you still have time you could do a shoerack up to match the bedside table style - Just buy a cheap one and paint it up? Has the practical value in there, and if he liked the table you know you're onto a good idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peppermintsss
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007 02:27:10 PM »

i have pretty much the same dilemma.

i made my boy guitar picks this year out of old debit/atm cards and various old gift cards that i had saved for something (but never knew what until now!!)

i know you said he was into music but you didn't say if he played or not...

just an idea.

good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007 05:10:27 PM »

My b/f is also 19 and we have been together for 2.5 years too! I never know what to get him for *any* holiday (he has everything he wants and if he doesn't have it that means he/I can't afford it) but Valentine's Day is especially hard so I started the tradition of baking him cookies every year. The first year I made a cookie cake and last year he pissed me off so he just go plain old choco chip cut-n-bake, lol. This year we're good so I bought some Valentine's Day cookie cutters from Target (X, O, heart, lips, heart & arrow). I'm (obviously) going to bake them and then decorate the sugar cookies. I also got a cute little paper basket thing from JoAnn to put them in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Style Beachy Waves
How to Style Short Hair
How to Get a Braided Up-Do
How to Curl Your Hair With a Straightener
How to Style Side-Swept Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...