A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,733
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diamond and Smocked Baby Blanket **Updated**  (Read 25577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nashira
« on: March 22, 2006 03:22:05 PM »

Hi everyone! It's the craziest thing.... I've posted things on Craftster before this, but never any of my knitting (which is my true love). So having realized that, I got out my trusty camera and decided to snap some pics of the baby blanket I finished for my closest friend. She's due in September.  Smiley

All began reasonably well....

I started out by taking some basic photos of it being modelled by my floor:

Got in all nice and close for the pattern money shot:

And well, apparently Jojo (my ever faithful sock monkey companion) didn't approve of my composition, as he decided to take matters into his own hands... err... paws..:

Oh Jojo.... he just can't resist teasing the ladies:

He left me alone long enough to get a shot of some baby socks I finished recently as well:

But not for long.... :

That's when I called off the shoot.... I mean, sheesh, the shots were supposed to be of a baby blanket, not a sultry sock monkey!! And besides, all that monkey business was giving me a headache!  Wink

***Update***

As I've gotten multiple requests for it, and I was naughty and hadn't posted it anywhere, here without further ado is the link to a printable pdf version of the pattern! Yayyyy!

Oh, and Jojo would like all his adorers to know he has not forgotten you on his way to being the monkey heart throb he has become.... he sends his love and monkey kisses to you all, and promises there will be a new photo shoot in the near future...

***Additional Update***

There's a KAL for this blankie, and I'd like to draw everyone's attention to it for help and inspiration in making their own! Hope to see you there... Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=167473.0
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007 01:43:44 PM by Nashira » THIS ROCKS   Logged
firedupfairy
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006 03:23:54 PM »

very nice~ cute monkey too Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MADness323
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006 03:25:39 PM »

omg that was so cute! Cheesy youre awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
tejer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006 03:38:37 PM »

That is an AMAZING blanket. Everything about it--the pattern, color, execution.

I love JoJo too. Looks like he wants to use craftster as his personal dating service.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caflygrl
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006 03:47:38 PM »

wow! that is the most gorgeous baby blanket i've ever seen! i love the color! and i love the monkey too! i'm guessing you made it?? he sure is good at modeling. ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006 04:18:23 PM »

Beautiful blanket & a HALARIOUS post. A great way to start the day. Hehe! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
surly_mcsurls
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006 04:18:42 PM »

beautiful blanket!  i, too, would like to know where you got the pattern or if you created it yourself.

and jojo is truly the most dashing sock monkey of all time, i think i felt my heart skip a beat or two just now
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006 03:02:45 AM by surly_mcsurls » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nashira
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006 04:56:15 PM »

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm pretty proud of it if I do say so myself. It's the biggest project I've ever done, and it was my first time knitting a flat project with circular needles (I'm in love!).  Grin

The blanket  pattern came from 'Beehive for Bairns - Volume 2', printed sometime in the 50's. I would happily share the pattern with everybody, but I don't know anything about copyright laws etc. for that time period. Does anyone know if that's allowable or not?

As to Jojo (also known as Mr.Munkles), he is quite the studly love monkey I must agree. Many a heart has been broken amongst my friends who come over to visit.... he loves to tease the ladies. He's always jigging this way and that, soliciting for cuddles, only to scamper off again to my craft room. I think I can hear him chuckling satisfiedly to himself right now.... all puffed up about his on-line fans.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nashira
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006 05:26:44 PM »

Man! Jojo's sultry ways attack again! I got all distracted by his monkeyness and forgot to mention what wool I used...

I knit it with a double strand of Lanett Superwash Merino Wool. Absolutely beautiful to work with, and gorgously soft in the end product! My LYS suggested it and I'm so glad I decided to go with their recommendation! The colour number I'm usure of, but it's the only green in the array of colours they carry that isn't spring green or forrest green. I fell in love with it on sight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006 05:31:09 PM »

That is the most beautiful blanket!!! And of course I luv Jo Jo too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cheese Souffle
How to make Salmon 1-2-3
How to make Steak Verde 1-2-3
How to make Seafood Wrap 1-2-3
How to make Scallops 1-2-3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...