A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC swap 2!!  (Read 105378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raindrops
The Crazy Mixed-Up Files of Raindrops

No Day But Today

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2006 08:35:33 PM »

I received my third package- I am completely blown away! I got a knitted white Tree of Gondor bag and a copy of SnB crochet- both of which I have been desperately wanting.  I honestly never expected to get either one, and as soon as I opened the package, I dumped everything out of the bag I was carrying and wore my new favorite bag for the rest of the day. FOC, I don't know who you are yet, but you are an amazingly wonderful person.  Thank you so much.

On a wonderful note, my friend, TamedVixen, allowed me to take pics with her camera tonight, since my camera will not cooperate with my computer, and she's going to upload them for me.  Prepare to be blown away!

What I know about my FOC:
1. She rocks.
2. She can knit.
3. She rocks.
4. She has bacon packing tape.
5. Did I mention she rocks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #521 on: April 27, 2006 07:20:42 AM »

Oohh, Tamedvixen is my penpal Smiley

Can't wait to see all these pics! Oh, and stifflersmom must be a man because no one else is capable of creating such things. She probably has little creatures (with tiny hands) helping her since the toothpicks are quite small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leelee
« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2006 07:22:21 AM »

Am I the only person who has NO idea what you guys are talking about? lol

They're talking about the brown purse leelee received.  A craftster named tinafish created and posted a tutorial for that purse (here)

Great stuff leelee!!  What did your FOC line the tinafish bag with??

The inside is lined with the printed fabric from the clutch and vice versa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure
without losing your enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill -
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2006 09:05:36 AM »

Huzzzah! I finally got some pictures downloaded (though I had to borrow my dad's camera - ours no longer wants to work with our computer...stupid technology!)! To make up for my lack of pics this past month, this is going to be a super pic heavy post...

Like I said before, my secret FOC sent something for everyone in my family...the cats were tipped off right away and would not leave my package alone:

Here is the Orange checking out the goods (the shutter didn't open all the way but kind of made a neat effect...):

The package has drawn a crowd (Black joins Orange and the Grey was sitting on the floor, just out of the frame):

Here are the toys (catnip stuffed mouse, bird & fish):

Here are the toys in action:

The Black:

The Grey:

The Orange ("Don't judge me!"):

The rest of the package (a present for me, my husband & my daughter - and the prettiest handmade envelope & card):

My husband (looking like a bum with his "playoff beard" - can't wait until hockey is over with!!) - he got as felt Montreal Canadiens hockey puck stuffy which he immediately added to his hockey "shrine" by the t.v. (great craftstalking, FOC!):

Here is the knit cupcake stuffy for my daughter (She keeps saying excitedly, "MMM! CAKE!!" and then pretending to eat it):

Finally (save the best for last!), I got a transfer t-shirt that says "Good Grammar Costs Nothing" (am a self-proclaimed "word nerd", so this is perfect!):

Don't worry, Secret FOC - the fit is not too bad. The shirt is a bit big (since I am uber short) but nothing I can't hem.  Smiley I put it on right away and wore it when we went to the park (although may have been pushing the limits of good fashion sense as pairing an oversize t-shirt with stretchy yoga pants and a pair of flip flops seems to be enforcing some kind of "suburban mom" stereotype...but the transfer is awesome and the shirt is super comfy!) Thank you for everything (and sorry, everyone else for the huge post!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
radal16
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2006 09:06:50 AM »

that chicadee bag is fabulous!!  what's the inside lined with? and is it a pale yellow? sorta hard to tell from the pics.

Yup, the bag is a pale yellow quilted material on the outside.  The lining looks vintage, it has pink, yellow, brown and red flowers arranged in big circles.  It's very sweet, and my secret FOC perfectly arranged the print on the handle straps to show off the print.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: April 27, 2006 09:13:29 AM »

GREAT photos MadMatigan! I love the one of your husband and daughter with that super cute cupcake! Lucky family! Also, the cat shots are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
mjadams
« Reply #526 on: April 27, 2006 09:14:38 AM »

oh my! : Madmatigan79, your family is too cute!
            I am lusting after the cupcake, i am for sure adding it to my wish list:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: April 27, 2006 09:37:54 AM »

Madmatigan79 -- your photos are great! I love the cat action shots! (Is it wrong of me to have bookmarked the Cat Toy Swap gallery to see all the photos of cats playing with their new toys?) And your husband and daughter eating that cupcake is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2006 10:21:47 AM »

Madmatigan79, your pics rock and so do your secret FOC'S. I love your cupcake and the shirt is too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2006 10:42:44 AM »

Eee! That cupcake and your pictures are adorable! You make me want to get more kitties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Truffle Mac and Cheese Is Comfort Food at Its Finest
Gameday Recipes: Easy Beef and Black Bean Chili
Gameday Recipes: Maui Cheese-Steak Sliders
Gameday Recipes: Irish Stout Cheese Stuffed Burgers
How to Make Homemade Chips and Dips For the Big Game
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...