A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly Theme weddings  (Read 1976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Janemarie
« on: March 22, 2006 06:21:34 AM »

our wedding is 2nd september and my theme is butterfly's i have made invitations, and am working on place cards. and beaded butterfly's for some decorations but apart from that I'm clueless...any ideas welcome

i would like a cake with butterfly's on it for our wedding cake.
i want it to be rather traditional but funky at the same time if that makes any sense.
and my Husband to be wants mickey and Minnie as a cake topper.

blues, purples and silver are our main focus.

i know i want lavender in my bouquet to remember my mum and I'm also going to have a little photo attached to my bouquet of my mum and i want it to be a tear drop shape.

Help wanted Please

Bring on the ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beans
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006 06:30:20 AM »

I only haveone idea, which you may have thought of already, but you could put small beaded butterflies on wire stems and add them into your bouquet and other flower arrangements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jo19

one of my crew at the computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006 07:16:35 AM »

Our wedding was "Butterfly" themed too - GMTA!!    You can see plenty of pics of the wedding AND the stuff I made for it on www.fruitcats.com - click on "Jo's pages" > "wedding crafts" for the things I made, and "Our Wedding" (obviously) for the big day itself.

CONGRATS!   I hope your marriage turns out as wonderful as ours,
Jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alll round crafter, and designer.  Please feel free to email me.
jayandme
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006 10:37:04 PM »

I have a few pictures of butterfly themed cakes...they are posted in the craftster gallery under my username, or I can email them to you if you want  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006 11:02:23 PM »

Hi there!

My sister had a butterfly wedding and her color was lavender. We put butterlies on almost anything we could!!! I designed and made their invitations that was an iridescent butterfly card stock and lavender butterflies inside, she found candle holders that had butterflies on them, mini-bottles of bubbles that had butterflies on top, we (the bridesmaids) had butterfly bobby pins in our hair, my sister's tiara had butterflies on it.

I could go on and on...but my favorite part was all the little butterflies I made with beads and ribbon...

We put these in our bouquets and attached magnets as favors. They were alot of work, but so worth it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
eza_darl

I am VERY happy with the person i am n how i look

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006 06:32:36 PM »

hey .. thank you ... i now have my theme ... i love butterflies .. but for some reason i didnt thikn to have it as my theme lol ... i'm not getting married for a lil while yet ... saving for the house deposit first ... but i am still planning it so all i have to do is book and create ... so any way here are a few mor ideas i came up with .... on the pews have a butterfly instead of the traditional bows , at the reception i want to make two chairs for me n hubby to be that are old woden chars painted silver with big butterfly wings on the back .. blue for him .. pink for me .. so that when we are sitting it looks like we have wings ... on the tables ... in flowers butterflys with springs .. so they move about .... if you do not light the candles you can just glue pics on them .. or if you do want to use them use melted wax to put the pic on .. gives a great texture to the candle too ..
um thats all i got for the moment ,.... will let you know if i think of anything else

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when i read about the evils of drinking ... i gave up reading
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006 10:08:24 PM »

For your bouquet, what about using butterfly-attracting plants?  Google for butterfly garden and you'll get loads of species that are particularly attractive to butterflies.  For lavenders, consider asters, verbena, purple coneflower and (this one was a nobrainer) lavender.  I would suggest lilac, too, but lilac wilts SO fast... not great for a bouquet if you ask me.  It wilts in no time flat even in water.  Sprigs of redbud could add some beautiful texture with the woody bits, and for contrasting colors and greens how about rosemary and daisies?

I love the little ribbon butterflies!  Those are adorable! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Janemarie
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006 10:14:59 PM »

For your bouquet, what about using butterfly-attracting plants?  Google for butterfly garden and you'll get loads of species that are particularly attractive to butterflies.  For lavenders, consider asters, verbena, purple coneflower and (this one was a nobrainer) lavender.  I would suggest lilac, too, but lilac wilts SO fast... not great for a bouquet if you ask me.  It wilts in no time flat even in water.  Sprigs of redbud could add some beautiful texture with the woody bits, and for contrasting colors and greens how about rosemary and daisies?

I love the little ribbon butterflies!  Those are adorable! 

Thankyou....i was thinking about incorporationg lavender into my bouquet...but i wasnt shure what else ill check out google for butterfly garden. thankyou....

Smiley thankyou everyone for the amazing suggestions....atm im making earings for my bridesmaids they have butterflys on them.

take care

Jane Marie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Janemarie
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006 10:20:12 PM »

Hi there!

My sister had a butterfly wedding and her color was lavender. We put butterlies on almost anything we could!!! I designed and made their invitations that was an iridescent butterfly card stock and lavender butterflies inside, she found candle holders that had butterflies on them, mini-bottles of bubbles that had butterflies on top, we (the bridesmaids) had butterfly bobby pins in our hair, my sister's tiara had butterflies on it.

I could go on and on...but my favorite part was all the little butterflies I made with beads and ribbon...

We put these in our bouquets and attached magnets as favors. They were alot of work, but so worth it!

i love those butterflys you made....you dont happen to have instructions...Smiley

cya

jane marie

<<<Edited.  Please remove images when quoting.  Thank you.>>>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006 07:59:07 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006 11:00:14 PM »

It had been ages since I looked at this site, but luckily it still exists!!! Here is the link for instructions that inspired me. I modified it to suit my needs...but this is it!

http://www.wrights.com/class/kidscrafts/butterflyclip/butterflyclip.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plate Lab: Korean Shaved Ice, Constructed
How to Make a Fruit Salad in a Watermelon Shark
How to Make a Healthy Raspberry Yogurt Treat for Kids
How to Make French Toast Skewers
How to Make the Legendary Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...