A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secrets  (Read 3345 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rocknroll

I've been away, but now I'm back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006 12:46:49 PM »

This is a great idea for a project! I can see it being very therapeutic (spelling?) for people since it encases everything and they can't hide it anymore....I could see a whole art show with these "drawers." Very cool.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mjadams
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006 01:31:53 PM »

wow, its like a post-secret box! amazing...i want to make one. Boy...it would be full
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
AriesEJ
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006 01:38:39 PM »

I like this type of art.  Personal (yet universal), poignant, and inspiring.
Yes, Kiwiblue, very brave.  Very cool.  Good job.  I would be interested to see any other art along these lines.
I think it interesting to find out what is in people's pockets, handbags, wallets (with permission) and even the contents of a grocery cart is insightful.  
As far as what we show the world and what we really are like: I saw a t.v. show about excavating garbage!  Kind of funny (and messy), but people would say "I don't drink" and there would be empty beer bootles in their garbage cans.  What would our dumpsters say about us?

SevsOnlyGirl: I am sorry that happened to you.  Room mates, oy!  I had one who would find out who I liked and she would try to bed them.  Some people are so incredibly awful.  But I was happy to read in your message that you were so tight with your b/f that he already knew.  Now--that is a neat thing to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006 10:33:06 PM »

Thank for your thoughts and comments . I was debating if I should post this at all . I'm so glad I did And other people get it . Id love to see if anyone makes there own Its very personal and not at the same time . I found that when you give up your fears and let people in see what you thought was unthinkable becomes not bad at all . and giving it up frees you from the fear and shame you feel. we all have done loved hurt stupidly with out thinking or just were not mature enough to see what we are doing. but thats the proses we have to go through to grow . when someone does something like going through your personal stuff and even worse try to hurt you by telling someone you love . its just a reflection on that person who would feel the need to do it . I feel sorry for people like that I'm sorry that happend to you . but I'm also impressed that you have someone who loves you and you them to not really be affected . and you were able to stand in it and not flinch good for you !!!

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm  be sure  read all the instrutions before you use
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SEMPER IN FAECIBVS SVMVM,SOLE PROFNDVM VARIAT
blackheathen
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006 12:28:23 AM »

Thank for your thoughts and comments . I was debating if I should post this at all . I'm so glad I did And other people get it .
We're glad you did too!

I could see a whole art show with these "drawers." Very cool.
Yeah, a whole room in an art gallery, showing everyone's "secrets". Very, very cool.

It'd be really interesting to try and work out what kind of person you think would have a drawer like that ...... and then maybe have a brief description of the person who actually does/did own it ...... to see how far off the mark the observer is .....

Very voyeuristic! (or is that just me?  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."
-Woody Allen
kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006 04:42:38 AM »

That's a great idea... Id also like to see other parts of the worlds junk drawers... I think I became interested  at my grandmothers house .. she had a great one. things from all her travels nothing expensive just postcards matchbook covers letter openers etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006 05:56:51 AM »

That's a great idea... Id also like to see other parts of the worlds junk drawers... I think I became interested  at my grandmothers house .. she had a great one. things from all her travels nothing expensive just postcards matchbook covers letter openers etc

This is why I love garage sales...just the insite to other people's lives fascinates me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006 06:44:50 AM »

Kiwiblue - thanks so much for sharing this!  I doubt if I'll ever do it myself, but it would make a great project for someone.  I would LOVE to go to a show with stuff like this displayed!

Thanks for all the comments - I feel so loved now Smiley  Yea, the roomies are still alive, but I moved out immediately.LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006 08:26:38 PM »

Wow - That is an amazingly personal and beautiful piece of art.

I have the perfect box for something like that. It's a big old shoe box that my little brother decorated with stickers for me - he gave me some things he thought would be important to me after I got kicked out of the house 10 years ago. Since then it has gathered other things that I put away because I couldn't throw them away.

And I'm totally going to over share here. There's an unsent love letter that I finished days before I found out he was getting married, a feather boa and fan in a victoria's secret bag, two way too sexy bras I have outgrown and a bullet vibrator. I would both love to see this on display like that and feel mortified by it. More by the letter than the rest.  It's really great just to imagine it. It would be so much of me on display but so much would be left unsaid about why those items ended up there.

That is a great idea and it really made me think about the things I choose to "hide" in my life.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006 08:35:13 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006 02:41:38 AM »

I'm glad you liked It and even more that you shared your secrets Smiley nothing wrong with admitting we are human . I hope your box will give to you what mine gave me . its kinda a ending but not forgeting kinda thing for me . I started keeping it on my coffee table . some interesting conversations have started .  you know it lets people know you are open,  and they start telling me just like you did ,things they'd never  think of talking about with me . the funny thing is I am really private person . but after talking about the most hurtfull personal times in my life whats to hide anymore ? so Thank you !! for getting it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Pie Dough
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Surprise Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Easy Pie Dough Recipe With Lard
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...