A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,484
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secrets  (Read 3453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 22, 2006 02:59:18 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/52641sssssssssssss.jpg
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 06:40:48 PM by LimeRiot - Reason: converted broken images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SEMPER IN FAECIBVS SVMVM,SOLE PROFNDVM VARIAT
ace
andthen some stuff

i love kitty kisses.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006 03:09:20 AM »

thats kinda nifty in that " i found it in the back of a thrift shop" kinda way...
and thats a good thing.

but what is it made out of?

at first i thought plastic box and glue.
now im confused
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.....in bed
kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006 03:47:46 AM »

Thanks thats kinda what I was going for. I'm trying to do a project but its much harder than I thought it wold be. I want people to give me there junk drawers just as they are .. so I can encase them in liquid plastic (evirotex lite) Ive always had a fascination with junk drawers   .. but people are very protective of them almost like I'm asking for their jewelry boxes with everything in them... I'm not asking for there drawer. just everything in them but they cant move or take anything out because, I want to put them in the new drawer just as they were in the origanal anyhow ..I have junk drawers and boxes and all over . but I'm a crafty person I have to collect stuff.. so then it got me thinking that its like they are protecting there secrets ..and what would I protect like that . all I could think of was when I was younger and not out I had a box that I had to hide from everyone things boyfriends gave me or anything that might give someone a clue about my sexuality . so there it is but its not complete really since I got rid of things over the years . anyooo now Ive put my most personal stuff out for everyone to see I wont feel like I'm asking them to do something I didn't do myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiwiblue
Personal Swap encouraged

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006 05:24:14 AM »

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onecraftybitch
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006 05:33:35 AM »

i love this.

People are protective of their junk drawers and their secrets. You are brave to put yours on display! I love how you sealed it all too!

awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stiching sister

I have a bad reputation..good times are had by all

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006 05:47:53 AM »

You know, I really like the idea of this. It seems like almost everybody has one, and your right  people are protective of their junk drawers.
I rule my junk drawer with an iron fist!!!  Wink  
If someone even acts like they're going to open it I give them a dramatic Noooo! closely followed by me waving my arms in the air and rushing over to stop them. I don't know if it's a mixture of embarrassment over the clutter (although I can always find what I need at the blink of an eye) or the fact that some of my favorite things that I have no clue what to do with are in there and don't want anyone hawk eyeing em.
There's a book called Speck that I think you might enjoy. It's about people with curious collections, everything from missing animal posters, lipsticks, cat whiskers and my personal favorite: the contents of women's purses and mens wallets. The author talked about how hard it was to get people to list out everything single thing that they were carring with them in order for him to get a better understanding of what they really were like.  I just loved the idea and thought it was the equivalent to a modern day reader of tea leaves.
Sorry about my rambling but yeah, nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a bad reputation...good times are had by all.

Support the Madness!
MoxieMadness.etsy.com
My Blog! Viva la Craft!  http://vivalacraft.blogspot.com/
My website  http://www.freewebs.com/moxiemadness/
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006 06:02:25 AM »

So is it a cigar box or something with the envirotex in the bottom of it, containing all the goodies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006 07:07:30 AM »

That's a very interesting project.  I don't have a junk "drawer" really, but I have a box that I keep stuff in. 

Kind of on-topic:  I used to keep a box with a journal in it and more personal items.  I'd had the journal from the time I was 12yo and I was 24 at the time.  I had two roommates who decided to go through my room while I was at work and they read my entire journal!!!  AND picked through all my stuff.  Then they had the nerve to call my boyfriend and tell him stuff.  He knew all the stuff because I had shared with him - thank goodness - but still!  I no longer keep all that personal stuff and that's sad to me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006 07:47:38 AM »

That is sad, but what is worse it that your room mates had the gall to go through your things, read your journal, and then tell your boyfriend. That would have been the end of that relationship - goodbye housemates!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sam07

learning to hex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006 07:55:01 AM »

Are the roomies still alive?

Kind of on-topic:  I used to keep a box with a journal in it and more personal items.  I'd had the journal from the time I was 12yo and I was 24 at the time.  I had two roommates who decided to go through my room while I was at work and they read my entire journal!!!  AND picked through all my stuff.  Then they had the nerve to call my boyfriend and tell him stuff.  He knew all the stuff because I had shared with him - thank goodness - but still!  I no longer keep all that personal stuff and that's sad to me.

[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell Fete the Olympics in Style
How to Update Your White T-Shirt with Metallic Sleeves
Gwen Stefani Shows Off Her Leopard-Print Bikini
Maria Sharapova Serves Us Some Style in Tropical Prints
How to Spot Fake Nike Trainers
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...