A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not Monkey Blanket (post worked this time!)  (Read 2473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pamplemousse
« on: March 21, 2006 07:39:17 PM »

My computer quit when I tried to post this yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pretty busy week last week: I started a new job, welcomed a 13 year old dog into my home, and learned how to crochet! Of course I had to have my first project be a baby blanket that I had a mere 5 days to complete. I used Lion Wool-Ease Chunky and Homespun.

I loved making granny squares! They are easy peasy, and gave the 14-year-old girl inside of me that once only wore vintage clothes from the late '60s and early 70's a special thrill.

And did you notice that there is a lack of monkey faces? By the time I was ready to make them I only had a couple hours to complete them, and they were just a bit too confusing for that me to figure out in time. I made one and it is pretty ugly.

The recipient really liked it even sans monkeys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
Amethyst
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006 08:36:05 PM »

I think it looks great without the monkey faces. But I'm one of those weird people who think sock monkeys look creepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilhatshack
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006 11:19:22 AM »

And did you notice that there is a lack of monkey faces? By the time I was ready to make them I only had a couple hours to complete them, and they were just a bit too confusing for that me to figure out in time. I made one and it is pretty ugly.

Too cute!  your lil blanket looks great - even without the monkey faces....I like the homespun - bet that's super soft!  If your having problems with the face....just let me know which part, and i'll try and explain it better - or walk you through it. 

And if you don't like sock monkeys - you can change up the colors and add lil faces of bears, kitties, bumblebees  (okay, i'm grasping here...)  whatever suits your fancy!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenbg
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006 06:55:26 AM »

looks GREAT!!!!

I am making a variations of this...granny squares sans holes! LOL...

I will be starting to make the little monkeys in the next day or two (when my little velro-monkeys are asleep and i can concentrate on following the pattern)...

It's a baby gift for someone who has 15 weeks to go! (giving myself lots of time incase i hit a snag! hehehehe)

again, GREAT job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftmatic
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006 07:02:56 AM »

Great job...very impressive for 5 days to work with and being a newbie at that!
I'm sure it is treasured by the new mom & babe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catwhisperer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006 07:03:35 AM »

Looks great! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamplemousse
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006 09:16:33 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Lilhatshack, I think you designed the cutest baby set ever! I love how gender neutral it is.

And thanks for offering to help- I don't think the problem is the instructions though. It was me waiting till the last minute and then not paying enough attention to what I was doing.

The baby was born 10 weeks early Sad which is kind of why I had to rush it. He and mom are both great though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006 09:04:37 AM »

I think it looks great without the monkey faces. But I'm one of those weird people who think sock monkeys look creepy.

You're not alone. I think they look creepy too. I'm probably going to figure how to do butterflies or bees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006 12:17:52 PM »

Monkey faces?  This I'd like to see... if anyone has made this, please post pictures!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006 12:20:19 PM by Mojo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing and Marking Fabric for Sewing Projects
Pinning Fabric for Sewing Projects
How to Transfer Sewing Pattern Markings
How to Sew Machine Buttonholes
How to Use Quilting Cotton in Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...