A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not Monkey Blanket (post worked this time!)  (Read 2599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pamplemousse
« on: March 21, 2006 07:39:17 PM »

My computer quit when I tried to post this yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pretty busy week last week: I started a new job, welcomed a 13 year old dog into my home, and learned how to crochet! Of course I had to have my first project be a baby blanket that I had a mere 5 days to complete. I used Lion Wool-Ease Chunky and Homespun.

I loved making granny squares! They are easy peasy, and gave the 14-year-old girl inside of me that once only wore vintage clothes from the late '60s and early 70's a special thrill.

And did you notice that there is a lack of monkey faces? By the time I was ready to make them I only had a couple hours to complete them, and they were just a bit too confusing for that me to figure out in time. I made one and it is pretty ugly.

The recipient really liked it even sans monkeys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
Amethyst
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006 08:36:05 PM »

I think it looks great without the monkey faces. But I'm one of those weird people who think sock monkeys look creepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilhatshack
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006 11:19:22 AM »

And did you notice that there is a lack of monkey faces? By the time I was ready to make them I only had a couple hours to complete them, and they were just a bit too confusing for that me to figure out in time. I made one and it is pretty ugly.

Too cute!  your lil blanket looks great - even without the monkey faces....I like the homespun - bet that's super soft!  If your having problems with the face....just let me know which part, and i'll try and explain it better - or walk you through it. 

And if you don't like sock monkeys - you can change up the colors and add lil faces of bears, kitties, bumblebees  (okay, i'm grasping here...)  whatever suits your fancy!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenbg
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006 06:55:26 AM »

looks GREAT!!!!

I am making a variations of this...granny squares sans holes! LOL...

I will be starting to make the little monkeys in the next day or two (when my little velro-monkeys are asleep and i can concentrate on following the pattern)...

It's a baby gift for someone who has 15 weeks to go! (giving myself lots of time incase i hit a snag! hehehehe)

again, GREAT job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftmatic
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006 07:02:56 AM »

Great job...very impressive for 5 days to work with and being a newbie at that!
I'm sure it is treasured by the new mom & babe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catwhisperer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006 07:03:35 AM »

Looks great! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamplemousse
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006 09:16:33 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Lilhatshack, I think you designed the cutest baby set ever! I love how gender neutral it is.

And thanks for offering to help- I don't think the problem is the instructions though. It was me waiting till the last minute and then not paying enough attention to what I was doing.

The baby was born 10 weeks early Sad which is kind of why I had to rush it. He and mom are both great though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006 09:04:37 AM »

I think it looks great without the monkey faces. But I'm one of those weird people who think sock monkeys look creepy.

You're not alone. I think they look creepy too. I'm probably going to figure how to do butterflies or bees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006 12:17:52 PM »

Monkey faces?  This I'd like to see... if anyone has made this, please post pictures!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006 12:20:19 PM by Mojo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled and Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipes
Dirty Rice Recipe
Boston Butt Steak Recipe
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...