A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: VistaPrint Scam?  (Read 667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mollyx
« on: April 06, 2006 09:33:13 PM »

(I'm not entirely sure this is appropriate and I do apologize to the moderators...my reasoning behind posting this is I know at least a few people on these boards have used VistaPrint and I'd like some feedback and, possibly, to warn people.)

I recently used VistaPrint to get some (free! and admittedly awesome!) business cards for my Etsy shop. All went well. I got the cards, they were neat, blah blah blah. I also clicked on a pop-up (god help me) that asked me to take a survey about VP and they'd take $10 of my order (I was thinking of ordering some more themed items). I did not complete the survey. THEN, a few days ago, I noticed a charge on my credit card for 14.95. I wasn't sure where it came from and Googled the phone number.

Here's where it gets fun. I turned up a few pages about VistaPrint (falsely) charging people on a monthly basis for some Passport to Fun entertainment/travel program thing. I Googled THAT and only came up with a bunch more pages about the VP scam. Apparently, when you click on the pop-up, no matter if you complete the survey, they will send your info, CC# and all, to this other company which will then sign you up for this program.

There's even a class action suit in the works.

So. Has anyone else had this happen? If you Google VP and scam, it seems that this company has been doing this sort of thing for awhile. I kinda feel like an idiot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkninky
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006 03:02:19 AM »

i had my run-in with this is the past, kind of.

i am a vistaprint customer, and on my last two orders, i also decided to join their stuff to save $10. well, i was lazy, didn't print out the offer immeadiatly, and almost a month later, i tried to find that offer through vprewards.com, and it was gone. so i called the numbers and cancelled. i think the trick, is that you only op-in once, but you have to cancel TWO different services. i canceled both in time and was not billed $14.95. but a few months ago, my husband fell into something similar, but he didn't op-in for anything. this company had been charging us $1 here and there, we never noticed. they had my husbands debit card number, the bill described them as AP9 connections - another shopping/travel/fun junk company. they also had tons of scam warnings, and also in a class action lawsuit. here are the solutions that worked for me:

#1: call and cancel the vista print stuff
1-888-243-6185 for vista print rewards
1-888-243-6180 for shopping essentials
CALL BOTH NUMBERS TO CANCEL
(lucky thing i still have these numbers on my bulletin board Smiley )

#2: call your bank, and tell them that unauthorized charges were made on your card. your bank will cancel your card to prevent further unauthorized use (so if any companies use your card for direct withdrawls/deposits - change it!), and they will contact the company in question, and ask for a proof of purchase. if they did charge you without reason, you will be refunded. all the meanwhile, your bank should have a new card heading your way. the entire process will take a few weeks, but as long as they are in the wrong, you'll be a-ok.

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006 10:46:23 AM »

This is good to know since I clicked on the free rewards but balked when I noticed it was going to charge me a monthly charge.  I'll scrutinzie my bills for anything extra that I didn't truly sign up for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
How to Draw a Cute Pig
How to Draw a Penguin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...