A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,192
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I live in Japan and can fulfill all your 100 yen or kawaii needs. Swap?  (Read 17561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fairyprincessbeaniebaby
"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?" -Luna Lovegood

thats right. l saw THE ROLLING STONES in concert!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006 08:38:20 AM »

oh my gosh! i wish i had seen this eariler! i have already  MADE that dress! i see that you have an army of crafters at your disposal, if there is anything else you need, PM me please!
PS i am in australia so if you wanna do a culture swap or something (keep in mind australia has tim tams!) PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd find the prettiest boy in school, take him home and neatly f**k him "
 -David Bowie
"Whether your browning, searing, or just setting things on fire a kitchen blowtorch is fun for the whole family!"
-Tom, QEftSG
http://www.piczo.com/ireallyfancypirates

Lover of all things kitch, retro, and
Luna12
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006 10:22:09 PM »

Oh goodness, I hope you are still doing this. I love japans culture and would love to swap with you. I could make you DIY jewerly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006 10:26:28 PM by Luna12 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
catisoutside
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006 03:49:09 AM »

I really, really appreciate the interest so many people have in this post.  I so want to swap with everyone...I love sewn and handmade things so much.  Unfortunately, I should probably not take on any more swaps than I already have, just because I don't know if I can afford shipping about 100 packages overseas...as much as it would be worth it!!  Maybe sometime in the near future I can do more. 

I'm really glad for the interest and I will post all the wonderful things I get from you craftsters under this forum! I hope you all will be pleased enough with what I send you that you will post some of it too. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmmfruit
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006 11:53:07 AM »

catisoutside, wow! thanks for posting the pics of inside the 100-yen store! i wish our dollar stores looked like that! reminds me of walking into the stores at this nearby asian mall (pacific east mall) but everything is DEFINITELY not a dollar - imported price, usually $10++++ lol.

And also, looking forward to your package and thanks so much for swapping! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006 10:03:12 PM »

I wish I had thought of this!! There are lots of things I miss back in the States.  Kudos to you for coming up with such a good idea. 

long live the 100 yen store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006 07:12:47 AM »

This might make a really great regular swap. I know I'm having a riot thinking about all the 100yen goodies that are on their way to me, and finding little bits and bobs to send. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006 07:58:36 AM »

It would be a good swap!  There is the US-UK swap, so why not over the other ocean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dee53
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006 03:34:48 AM »

Just a suggestion:

She could send one or two LARGE packages to one of you (for those in the US who are swapping), and we could take out what we asked for, and ship the others for her ... that way she could do more swaps and not pay so much in shipping. 

Whatcha think?

Dee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006 05:43:59 AM »

Well, I think if we set up a formal swap, we'd ask people from the US and Japan sign up, then match up partners and they'd send to each other. I think it would be too much to ask catisoutside to do that.

I'm way overbooked with swaps right now, or I'd set up the swap. Maybe someone else would like to.

Unfortunately, I should probably not take on any more swaps than I already have, just because I don't know if I can afford shipping about 100 packages overseas...as much as it would be worth it!!  Maybe sometime in the near future I can do more. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
catisoutside
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006 07:38:51 PM »

Thanks Mistresscadence.  I wish I had come up with the idea earlier...like when I first got here, because then I would have been able to do more swaps over a longer time period.

I really think other craftsters in Japan should post here or start a new post offering to do swaps...it's so much fun! Or, like you guys said, there should be a formal swap set up. There are tons of crafty Japanese things that need to be shared with the western world!

Dee: That's not a bad idea, and I have wished there was some way to combine shipping, but I would hate to swamp anyone else with packages that they have to distribute.  But I really appreciate the thought in trying to save me time/money.  Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 5/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 4/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 20/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 24/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...