A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Green Gables  (Read 17639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rion165
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006 07:34:00 PM »

I want in! Those of you who have bought the pattern, what kinds of stitches are involved? I'm sort of a beginner knitter and am trying to not buy patterns I can't use right away. Smiley
u need to know knitting in the round, k2tog, yarn overs.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006 09:17:10 PM »

I'm gonna have to buy this pattern and join y'all.

Cotton fleece is available at WEBS in 23 colors. It is 8.00 per 215 yard skein. Gauge 5 sts = 1" on #6.

rockadot - you may have had trouble finding it because it is actually made by Brown Sheep Co - their other popular yarn is Lamb's Pride - Wool so maybe that is where they got mixed up.

Shine Worsted looks to be the same gauge (5 sts = 1" on #6-9) and is $2.50 per 75 yard skein so it would be slightly less expensive. If you make the medium you'd need 9 balls instead of 3 so you'd save $1.50.

Shine (actually Shine Sport) has 100 yards for $2.30 but the guage is smaller (6 sts = 1" on #3-5). It would save about $8 on the 7 balls you'd need.

I really like the idea of a slightly finer knit that I'd get with the Shine Sport but not sure how much I'd have to adjust the pattern - surely it can be that difficult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006 10:22:19 AM »

rion165- Thanks for the pattern info. This definitely sounds like something I can handle. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006 11:18:31 AM »

After I pay for the pattern do they email me a file? I guess I'm a little confused on the order/receive process they have. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockadot
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006 12:34:52 PM »

thanks elijor, i think i'm gonna go with the cotton fleece in "blush"
i really can't decide on colors...what is everyone else doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006 01:30:38 PM »

I just purchased my yarn from knit picks in cherry, green, & coral in Shine Sport.  My husband is going to go nuts when he sees the package some in. I only told him just less than $20.  Hehehe....I'm bad.  Hey, I can do worse at the local LYS when thier prices are double or triple the prices at Knit Picks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerLeigh
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006 02:16:05 PM »

After I pay for the pattern do they email me a file? I guess I'm a little confused on the order/receive process they have. Tongue

They say you're supposed to receive instructions to download, but I didn't, so I emailed them and they sent it to me.  It might take a little bit though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarnlova
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006 03:01:01 PM »

I have my yarn and needles, and will cast on for this tonight!  My Boye Needlemaster kit came in the mail yesterday, and I bought my yarn today...yay!  After torturing my fiance for over an hour in my LYS today, I finally decided on Sidar Breeze cotton-rich DK, in color 0066, which is a light blue.  I can't wait to start.  I am also going to order some yarn from knitpicks for a second one in the meantime.  I love this sweater!    Roll Eyes

Oh yes...I will post progress pics soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006 03:01:34 PM »

That looks a lot like loop d loop's ballet T, or tivoli/picovoli except with the yo, k2tog lacey beginning. Hmmmm.... bet I could come up with something like it. Roll Eyes

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Yarnlova
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006 06:15:42 AM »

I started mine last night, I think it is going well so far.  It's a pretty easy knit, I can't wait to finnish!

Here's my progress so far...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Back-to-School Look That Mixes Global Style and Feminine Form
Welcome to 100 Days of Perfect Outfits!
Black-on-Black Watches for Men
Trend Takeout: Outfits Under 100
The Right Way to Dress Bohemian
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...