A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Green Gables  (Read 15661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daizyduke
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2006 01:00:43 PM »

Yes I did join the stitches then purled. So I should join the stitches then knit instead of purl? Did that stop yours from rolling? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2006 01:25:25 PM »

I purled then joined the stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shana
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2006 07:08:42 AM »

I'm late to this knitalong, but I started Green Gable last weekend. I'm using Rowan Calmer in the chiffon color, because I had some I recycled from an older project that I never wore.  Grin

This was my progress four days ago, just after splitting the sleeves from the body. Now I've made it down beyond the waist decreases and I've added some hip increases because my lower body needs the extra width. Tongue I have a few more inches to go, but I'm eager to have this done, especially after seeing everyone else's finished Green Gables!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shana
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2006 06:50:11 AM »

I'm done!

I finished this yesterday and am wearing it to work today! I first cast off on Saturday night, but it was a little shorter than I prefer. So on Sunday I pulled out the cast off edge and added two inches to the length. I'm glad I did, I like it much better this way!

Modifications: I added three extra sets of rows C and D before separating the sleeves from the body because the pattern as written would have been too tight around my shoulders and arms. Then I also spaced the waist decreases out an inch apart (the pattern has them only two rows apart) and then added in three rounds of hip increases because my hips are several inches wider than my waist and need the extra space. I also added two inches to the length of the body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hyerac
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2006 07:42:36 AM »

Looks great, Shana! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OneCleverMonkey
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2006 11:07:47 PM »

I'm late to the start, too, it looks like, but I've been admiring this sweater all through my first year of grad school, and I finally have that rarest of all commodities in a grad student's life -- free time!  And I've never done an actually sweater before (scarves, socks, hats, etc.) and this one looked inspiring and fulfilling -- and mercifully quick.  So I bought the pattern, and 5(!) skeins of Reynold's Cabana (65% cotton, 35% -- shudder -- acrylic) in a deep red (color 832) because my LYS had no cotton fleece or that delicious green of green gables fame.  It's a little stiff, so far, but we'll see how it goes.  But I'm excited, halfway through the little open-work bit, and I have a long car ride ahead of me this weekend. 

And -- brilliant work, everyone.  You've all inspired me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Birds were singing, though with no more or no less religiosity than if they'd been at a New Jersey landfill...

Tom Robbins.

sporadic blogging at:  http://wildthingsrunfast.blogspot.com
valknits
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2006 10:47:45 AM »

Just purchased the pattern and Knitpick's Shine Worsted in Crocus, a gorgeous pink/purple color.

Joining late too, but glad to see everyone's finished sweater, they all look fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference." -Bess Myerson, Miss America 1945
OneCleverMonkey
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2006 12:43:47 PM »

So, I've finished my GG in that red Reynold's Cabana yarn I got -- and I was right.  It was a little too thick and stiff for a short-sleeved summer sweater (of course, my camera is broken and I can't share).  So I ordered up some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the sage color, and I'm starting over.  If I have time in the future (who am I kidding) maybe I'll lengthen the sleeves on the red one and make a more wintry version.

Also -- I don't know if it was mentioned here -- on the Zephystyle website, http://www.zephyrstyle.com/board/board_topic/3278548/159707.htm, they suggest using a backwards-loop cast-on to loosen up the neckline -- mine originally was very tight and high.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Birds were singing, though with no more or no less religiosity than if they'd been at a New Jersey landfill...

Tom Robbins.

sporadic blogging at:  http://wildthingsrunfast.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Better Photos With a Zoom Lens
How to Take Better Photos From Different Heights
How to Take Better Photos Without Zooming
How to Take Better Photos with Fill Flash
How to Take Better Photos by Pre-focusing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...