A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cute cuts for curly hair...help me out here?  (Read 1328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sapphire_distortion
« on: March 20, 2006 07:18:25 PM »

I didn't know if this was strictly crafty, but since I saw a few other topics on hair stuff I figured this would be okay, big apologies if it's not. So right now I have long reddish curly hair. I'm going to cut it off for Locks of Love this weekend, I think, but I can't decide how to cut it. I'm tired of going with boring cuts just because I have curly hair and can't think of anything that works with it. I'd like to get it cut into something that's actually cute and funky this time, that wouldn't require straightening. Flattering would be nice too! Here's a few recent - ten minutes ago recent Tongue - pictures(and apologies, I have a chronic inability to look at the camera, so they're at kind of funny angles) hair up and down. My hair's actually more curly when it's down usually, it's just that it's been up for three or four hours which takes the curls out of it. To cut off ten inches, it'd have to be probably shoulder length at the shortest, it's about mid-back now without the curls being stretched out.

You can see a few more here. Thanks, I'm counting on you guys to give me some good ideas! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
distimica
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006 07:32:02 PM »

I have a friend that has hair like yours in the cutest and easiest cut I've ever seen.

She is the one on the right, with the brown dress over pants.

Her hair is like this: very short bangs, so they don't curl.
A chanel a little over the chin with the sides and back shaved underneath.

Her explanation is that the bangs remind her of when she had very short hair.
The shaved underneath keeps it from getting too hot and she can tie her hair up whenever it's too hot.

I find that the shaved underneath keeps her curly hair from looking too full and the bangs keep it different and interesting.

I hope this helps.

Oh, by the way, you have such a pretty face. It's time to show it off.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006 08:12:10 PM »

I HAVE LONG VERY STRIGH VERY FINE HAIR.  Do have the little strip in the back shversd too, she dies it with trimmer with the longest attachement. Keeps it neat when I pull it up so thos little hairs dont flyaway.

When I used to get spiral perms ... it WAS the 80's I had my hair cut at an angel abt 3 ionches belowe my chin & shorter as you went back. I loved it.  When it was hot out I coult tuck the side behind my ears or pull back with clips.

Layers always helped too when I wore it curly.
I'd love ot see how you grt it cut.
=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixiewhip

violently cute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006 01:29:23 PM »

This is my hair about a year ago.  My hair is about the same curliness as yours when long.  I really liked this style, I think i'm going back to it soon.  Super easy to style.  I just scrunched some styling cream in when wet and let it dry naturally.  I hope your hair turns out well, anybody cutting off their hair for such a worthy cause deserves rocking locks.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006 01:34:07 PM by pixiewhip » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006 02:07:40 PM »

This is my hair about a year ago.  My hair is about the same curliness as yours when long.  I really liked this style, I think i'm going back to it soon.  Super easy to style.  I just scrunched some styling cream in when wet and let it dry naturally.  I hope your hair turns out well, anybody cutting off their hair for such a worthy cause deserves rocking locks.

Thanks! I already got it cut though - my aunt did it for me, and I think it looks great...it's about chin length in the front and gets shorter by an inch or two as it goes back...she cut it a little uneven(I asked her to) and put some layers in. It's super easy to style and I looooove it. I can post pictures later, maybe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swimmingriddles
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006 03:46:35 PM »

OK, I've been wanting to cut off my hair for a LONG time.  I've been flat ironing it, and it's held up, but enough's enough. Unfortunately, it's not "virgin" hair (snort), meaning it's been colored and chemically straightened in the past, so it's unwanted by Locks for Love. Pixiewhip, I'm totally gonna rip off your hair cut. Specifically, what kind of styling creme do you use? I've found that the key to curly hair is correct product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006 03:59:39 PM »

Pixie- Your hair is super cute!

I've been thinking of cutting off my hair so I can wear it like Sarah Jessica Parker. All short and curly...so cute! Prob. won't though, my hair is longer than its ever been and the b/f likes to play w/ it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixiewhip

violently cute

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006 01:11:52 PM »

OK, I've been wanting to cut off my hair for a LONG time.  I've been flat ironing it, and it's held up, but enough's enough. Unfortunately, it's not "virgin" hair (snort), meaning it's been colored and chemically straightened in the past, so it's unwanted by Locks for Love. Pixiewhip, I'm totally gonna rip off your hair cut. Specifically, what kind of styling creme do you use? I've found that the key to curly hair is correct product.

Thanks.  When my wallet was thick I used Aveda Creme Brilliant, but it is fairly expensive so a lot of the time I just mixed some leave in conditioner with whatever curl enhancing gel was on sale at the drugstore. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006 03:58:48 PM »

have y'all been on naturallycurly.com? they have lots of good tips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006 04:17:36 PM »

Okay...since it was bumped up anyways...here's my haircut:

(and yeah, I did just post a few of these pics in a recon thread...I took a bunch at once...)

Oh, and I forgot to say earlier: love your haircut pixiewhip! I'm definitely putting that on my list of hairstyles to do in the future(just like some day, I will have a mohawk...). And I LOVE your lip-ring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
How to Make Shrimp-Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
Stella And Dot
How to Make a Kentucky Hot Brown Inspired Derby Sandwich
How to Make a Kentucky Hot Brown with Sourdough Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...