A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweet Treats Swap Gallery  (Read 9432 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jane feebles
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006 11:14:05 PM »

Timbits!  I love it!  Timbits and Munchkins!  The cutest sounding food ever!

If I had some right now, I would put them in a little sack, and walk around eating them, singing "Timbits and Munchkins" with sugar on my face like a crazy person   Grin
who wouldn't?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
SonjaBoo
Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006 06:09:32 PM »

Speaking of donuts, I received a mighty fine package from ax174!!!  Check out the knitted treats that arrived in my mailbox!
There is a delicious donut with sprinkles, a tart, and a cupcake!!

But wait-- there's more!  An amazing pillowcase, complete with knit cupcake and embroidered heart.  (ax174 claims in her note that this was her first attempt at embroidering, but I don't buy it!  It looks amazing!!)

And last, but certainly not least... a magnet and some chocolate Easter candy!  The chocolate is long gone, (I have no idea how that could have happened... Roll Eyes) but inside the chocolate eggs were little toys!  I have never seen these before (we don't have them in Massachusetts anyway) so my husband and I got a huge kick opening them up! 

Thank you soooo much Eva!  I love everything to bits!!!  This was such a fun swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumperthedinosaur
falling monkey

cogitating, masticating, procrastinating.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2006 07:42:29 PM »

Look, more furry cupcakes!   Grin  those are cute.

and ax174, where'd you find kinder eggs?  I can find most of my fav german goodies EXCEPT kinder eggs - and they have the best prizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2006 08:01:28 PM »

That crocheted donut is so cute!

(Have you noticed I'm stalking this gallery hugely?)

And those aren't just Easter candy, they're year round stuff! I had heard that you don't have Kinder surpises in the US... they sell them at every convenience store here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane feebles
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2006 10:29:58 PM »

I can't believe you don't get Kinder Surprise either.  They're everywhere in Australia.  Well, I know what to throw into every swap package I send to the US now  Grin
And I love the yarn you used on the cupcakes ax174, it's like the cupcake's exploding!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
ax174
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006 05:38:35 AM »

SonjaBoo, I'm so relieved that the package finally arrived, and tickled that you were amused by the eggs!  I was surprised to discover that Kinder eggs are banned in the US.  The Wikipedia entry says:

They are sold all over the world; an exception is the United States where the Food and Drug Administration has banned the toys, due to safety concerns and regulations against non-food products within a food shell.

jane feebles, I also hear that Coffee Crisp is rare in the States, and also Ritter Sport chocolate, so I usually send one of those with my US-bound swap packages, but now I can add Kinder Surprise to that list (which, as psyche points out, are sold in every convenience store in Canada).

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006 05:41:38 AM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006 07:30:33 AM »

They are sold all over the world; an exception is the United States where the Food and Drug Administration has banned the toys, due to safety concerns and regulations against non-food products within a food shell.

Oh well that figures!  Evidently our children aren't smart enough to not eat a plastic egg.  I love U.S. laws!  But those Kinder eggs are wonderful!  I have the toys on my desk at home-- my favorite is the ladybug in the flower.  So cute!

But they really don't even hold a torch to all the beautiful things you made Eva-- I was seriously like a kid on Christmas morning when I opened your package! I am crazy about that little cupcake, especially! Smiley  So fuzzy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006 04:57:19 PM »

That's why I was so surprised that pumperthedinosaur was able to send me the Ritter Sport chocolate, because I can't find it anywhere around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006 05:05:48 PM »

Oh well that figures!  Evidently our children aren't smart enough to not eat a plastic egg.  I love U.S. laws!  But those Kinder eggs are wonderful!  I have the toys on my desk at home-- my favorite is the ladybug in the flower.  So cute!

But they really don't even hold a torch to all the beautiful things you made Eva-- I was seriously like a kid on Christmas morning when I opened your package! I am crazy about that little cupcake, especially! Smiley  So fuzzy!

aaaaaaaactually, Nestle makes a chocolate ball called the "wonderball" that has a plastic sphere inside with other candy (sometimes a toy i think...) inside.

www.wonderball.com

we have them in wisconsin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006 05:08:55 PM »

You can get Ritter chocolates at World Market/Cost Plus, as well as Coffee Crisps and violet crumbles and curly wurlys and so many other yummy choccies!

And in Jungle Jim's, this gigantic grocery store in Cincinatti, you can get Kinder Eggs with the toys in them...and I also found them in the Japanese grocery store Uwajimaya (sp?) in Seattle. 

By the way, all of your crafts rock!!!!  I wish i could crochet a donut...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joyce Carol Oates on Violence in Writing
Azure Antoinette Shares a Poem at the IdeaFestival
Devil’s Wake Book Trailer
"All In Good Time": A Poem Read by Jason Sklar
Allison Leotta on Her Latest Thriller Discretion
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...