A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I'm getting this!!! I'm so excited!!!!  (Read 742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smoon26
« on: March 19, 2006 11:58:55 AM »

http://www.mosewco.com/resProd_detail.asp?ID=8&Code=31

This is my version of yelling form the rooftops--I'm so incredibly excited I can't even tell you.  Not even getting into the embroidery aspect of it (which are amazing), this thing not only sews forwards and backwards, but side to side, and diagonally!  You don't have to use the foot pedal--its got an on/off button (that little greenish button closest to the needle).  So, push on, it sews, push off, it stops, and then you push the cut thread button, and you are done.  I can't wait to sew pockets on my purses now--i'm excited to sew again!  It doesn't feel like "oh, better go do something".   its- "Gawd, I can't wait til I get that thing so I can sew something!" Its all computerized with a touch screen, and 358 built in stitches!  I can do freemotion quilting, built in lettering just with sewing (and of course with embroidery), and so much other stuff that you just need to click on the link to see-too many to mention!  And the guy sewed a mock jeans hem...and it sewd right over it like it was silk...no jump stitches over all those layers, no forcing it through...Topstitch ing my things are going to go so much better!

can ya tell i'm over the moon for this thing?  I'm driving my husband crazy talking about it, so I had to come on here and share.  Thanks for lettingme!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 01:13:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikalalovescupcakes
Stop making that big face!

Who?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006 12:06:13 PM »

Sweet. That thing is faaaaaaaaancy.  Shocked You have every reason to be yelling from rooftops. Not to be rude but, how much is that thing? It looks very expensive.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityinsleep
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006 12:07:06 PM »

Woohoo!

I'm cringing while asking this, but - how much does it cost?  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jo19

one of my crew at the computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006 12:10:35 PM »

CONGRATS!  You're gonna be SO busy on that there machine!   It's brilliant, but don't forget to pop in here occasionally too Smiley   We want to see your creations!

Jo

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alll round crafter, and designer.  Please feel free to email me.
smoon26
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006 12:12:56 PM »

This is the ellageo...its about $4500 new I think, but I'm buying a trade in machine (someone traded for the ellegante, which is just a step up machine) for $1900.  Still a ton of money (I can't believe I'm spending that much on a machine), but a great deal.  It has all the features that the $6000 machines have.  And I'm also getting a 2 year parts a labor warranty, and 15% off all accessories, notions, etc for the next year.  I'm now looking a digitizing software for it--that can cost around $1500, but I found someone that will sell theirs to me for about $300--again still a lot of money, but the opportunity won't come around again, I think, and I will be able to make my own designs, and make embroidery patterns out of any picture I can find--from clip art to photographs.  

I really started looking at the new $800 machines (like the singer futuras), but in looking at all the features that the higher ends had, I knew I would be trading it off before long (I'm very picky about quality).  So I took some advice I got from a lot of people and went used top of the line.  I'm very happy with my decision!  Now I'm actually excited to clean my craft room and make room to move it in.  i even told my husband I'd get rid of some of my older sewing machines!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006 12:15:54 PM by smoon26 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006 12:18:03 PM »

Congratulations!  You are going to love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KittyKurl
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006 12:25:57 PM »

Wow.
WOW.

You are so incredibly lucky.. if only I could afford a machine like that!! I just got a new machine a little while ago, and was really excited about it, but it's nothing even close to this!!!! Mine only has the regular stitches, so forth... but yours... wow..

Only in my dreams.. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
smoon26
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006 08:17:41 AM »

I do feel lucky!  very much so...but in hopes of not being TOO corny (but corny none the less), I'm mostly lucky that I have a husband that gave me the money to get this!  He's awesome, and so supportive! He really wants to see my little business take off.  Now, however, I'm driving him crazy with talking about it, so he may be regretting his decision.  HEH.  I'm giving him a hard time of all the stuff he's going to have embroidered now...his name on all his underware!  haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coachwriter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006 04:29:33 PM »

Wow! This is like my gym workout machine. I send it to the gym and it works out while I stay at home  Smiley

Seriously, I'm betting that your business will take off once you have this machine because it will allow you to be as creative as you want and save time doing it.

Congratulations and be sure to show us what you make with it.

Lynn

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007 09:35:41 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try "The half hour that changes lives." It's free life, personal or solo business coaching at www.coachwithlynn.c om
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pretty Savvy: Tie Dye
Party Favors For Kids With Heidi Klum
How to Make a Striped Friendship Bracelet
Paige Davis Decorates Napkins With Stenciled Monograms
Pretty Savvy: Stamped/Painted Collar
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...